Bike Nite @ WSID - 6th Sept
We're baaaaack! BIKE NITE @ WSID is back in full swing!
The next off street drag event is on 6th September at WSID out at Eastern Creek. All bikes welcome - 250's, 600's, Litre ++ bikes and even chookies!

New mainstream coverage will be on www.bikeme.tv including a results board, winners details and pictures of the night.

Gates open at 5pm with racing from 6pm. You can do 10seconds now WITHOUT having to have an ANDRA licence now so all you quick boys & girls who were scared off last time are safe to return!

Stay tuned for more details soon including details of prizes available and new sponsors!
<i>Edited by: Ali 600 at: 23/8/06 6:40 pm
</i>
Cool Ali I'll be there looking for those 6 packs
On Bagers & Cackling Pipes there are some mad pic's of you on your back wheel from the 6th of Aug
Cheers Robert
Aren't all Busas Copper & Plated, the others are just all very poor slow ugly copies !!!!!<i>Edited by: simmo at: 21/8/06 8:56 am
</i>
Count me in

I am still riding like a busted arse but it's a fun way to spend a week nite and we should get lots of runs in without all the tin tops.

Arguing with idiots is like wrestling a pig in the mud, you both get dirty but the pig enjoys it!<i></i>
Sob bastards Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
Best night ever bruce.13 runs and i,m home already. <i></i>
How'd ya go Glenn?

Ali, does this mean there will be bikes ONLY , or cars as well (as usual)??? <i></i>
A few of us Newcastle boys are thinking of coming down for this one.
We will keep an eye on the thread and the weather.
Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
Unfortunately it's cars too
BUT - don't forget there is a vehicle cut off of about 160-180 sooooo the MORE of US the LESS of THEM!!!
(ie. gets your bikes butts out there so we can rule the world....or at least WSID for one night!!!) <i>Edited by: Ali 600 at: 24/8/06 6:59 am
</i>
I,m told WSID has been watching the entrance numbers grow even in winter and unfortunately is quantity and not quality at the moment.Coming into spring they should do 2 street nights a week at 60-65 bucks with a maximum of 80-100 vehicles.For this the track should be prepped and would ensure a minimum of 6 runs.Keep the burnout night to 1 night only and the kids can go then.They should also allow prebooking so we can book a night out.Its just a joke at the moment.They should look at how much track time you get for your money across the road.Just going to bikenight is never going to get you much faster you have to go everyweek to train your motorskills and keep them sharp.If they,re trying to hook more customers onto coming to the drags making it attractive once a month ain,t going to do it.Run by accountants and not by marketers me thinks. Glenn the Spa Man<i></i>
Glen the only was around it is if we could all turn up at 4.30pm 100 plus bikes and try and book the place out,
If we can get the numbers on a bike night I’m sure they will give us our own separate night

Cheers Robert
Aren't all Busas Copper & Plated, the others are just all very poor slow ugly copies !!!!!<i></i>
Glenn, they just cant get the volunteer staff out there for 2 nights a week. We have had meetings with the management and earlier starts are out too as the volunteers work their normal jobs and cant get to the track any earlier than 4:30-5:00pm.

I am afraid it is like Simmo says, we have to be there in force to push the cars out, they have an upper limit of 160 entrants, but they do extend it to 180 if there are a lot at the gate.
So if we are all there nice and early the cars miss out, and we have more bikes who run through quicker giving us all more runs.
This also works against any bikes who show up late too, so get there before 5:00pm. <i></i>
I didn,t realise the marshalls were volunteers.Everybody has to make a quid.Now how many volunteers are there and how many entrants are there plus spectators.Now if everybody paid an extra $5 bucks surely everyone would get paid for their time,it is sydney afterall and everyone needs extra$$.I think though when you pay people they are then employees and all the insurance issues kill the whole idea.Back to square one. <i></i>
Why would you volunteer to work for someone that’s making a profit unless those profits went to a charity?

Anyway I will be early this time if for no other reason than to beat the crowds at sign up/scrutinizing, I spend way more time in that shed than I do on the track

Arguing with idiots is like wrestling a pig in the mud, you both get dirty but the pig enjoys it!<i></i>
so wats different from bike night to anyother wednesday. not trying to be rude i jsut dont know. Fastest member of the canberra chapter......thats not saying much for canberra<i></i>
On bike nite we offer separate prizes in addition to the WSID prizes offered. Speaking of which....desperately seeking prizes folks!! LOL!

The reason we have 'Bike Nite' is to encourage bikes to come along all on one night rather than spread out over the month so we can show our presence. Having 50 or so bikes there on the one night generally gets us more runs and many grudge matches are generated between similar bikes, demographics, etc. And its a good 'social' nite havin so many bikes there.

As resident Drag Queen on www.bikeme.tv, I will be posting all the bike night results on www.bikeme.tv so you can track your results, see how you compare and how you are 'progressing' compared to other entrants.

Hope all that makes sense!!

Cheers,
Ali <i></i>