Tail light BackOff-XP system
I know of a 2 harleys that have been imported lately and they both had to remove the flashing rear brake lights for AU compliance.
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
We have been importing these for 4-5 years and selling small numbers.

There are two versions, one for normal taillights and one for LED's.

Same mob make a Dual Load Equaliser for LED and low wattage indicators to slow down the flash rate (you can get the same effect with a heavy wattage resistor though higher current draw)

I'm not certain if we have stock, or our current price. I hope to be in the office for part of tomorrow and if time permits will try to get back with confirmation of stock and price.
(28-07-2011, 07:48pm)amcmo Wrote: We have been importing these for 4-5 years and selling small numbers.

There are two versions, one for normal taillights and one for LED's.

Same mob make a Dual Load Equaliser for LED and low wattage indicators to slow down the flash rate (you can get the same effect with a heavy wattage resistor though higher current draw)

I'm not certain if we have stock, or our current price. I hope to be in the office for part of tomorrow and if time permits will try to get back with confirmation of stock and price.
Hey without trying to be a smart arse are they legal to use.I am only asking because of couple of mates have had trouble when importing bikes.
As with almost any MC accessory, they don't meet ADR.

Seems the wankers in Canberra know more about motorcycle safety than anyone else in the world. (That's why we need the most expensive helmets!)

We sell them on the basis that you MAY get pinged depending on the cop.
In 5 years we have had 1 customer killed, one in a coma for several weeks and a young girl had to have a nose reconstruction (scooter with an open face) after being rear-ended when stopped. I'm certain there are a lot more.

That's why I often filter to the front of a queue, legal or not. Explained that to a local cop who got up me - his response, the law is the law and not up to me to make my own decisions on how to best survive.

We have 4 in stock of the XP which work with LED taillights.

$49.00 posted.

(29-07-2011, 12:32pm)amcmo Wrote: As with almost any MC accessory, they don't meet ADR.

Seems the wankers in Canberra know more about motorcycle safety than anyone else in the world. (That's why we need the most expensive helmets!)

We sell them on the basis that you MAY get pinged depending on the cop.
In 5 years we have had 1 customer killed, one in a coma for several weeks and a young girl had to have a nose reconstruction (scooter with an open face) after being rear-ended when stopped. I'm certain there are a lot more.

That's why I often filter to the front of a queue, legal or not. Explained that to a local cop who got up me - his response, the law is the law and not up to me to make my own decisions on how to best survive.

We have 4 in stock of the XP which work with LED taillights.

$49.00 posted.
Okay

I was thinking about using a on/off switch that I could use when I'm at a set of lights. I'm not worried about the law, I'm just worried about my butt and my bike. So I feel that the law will change later and we will have brake lights that flash now and again. You got to remember it's your ass you are saving not the guy who was in the car that said I didn't see him and how many times have we heard that saying?????
Thanks John