2012 * Family Easter Weekend at WARDY's *
(09-12-2011, 04:02pm)Busdriver Wrote: Well, I have put the leave application in,........now just waiting on the boss to approve it.

What are the dates mate?

I had better do the same.

Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
Hay Mark - From the beginning of this topic:

FAMILY EASTER AT WARDY's 2012
when friday 6th/sat 7th /sun 8th /mon 9th april
where
TALLANGATTA Motor In ,1 Akuna Ave ,Tallangatta vic ( 30 klm's east of wadonga , )

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

My leave has been approved - off from 5 April to 13April. Ripper
Regards,

Busdriver (aka Les)
This was the route I was thinking about for the Saturday ride.
Much the same as the route Corbin, Rob, Vitto and myself took last year.

http://g.co/maps/eg587

9.00am Leave Tallangatta - over the Granya gap and the river Road to Bellbridge -cross the Bridge to the Hume Weir wall for a Photo. about 70km.

Then skirt around Albury north and on Freeway north (only a 20 odd kms) to Bowna Wymah road. Great country back road - no traffic. to the Wymah ferry. Nice cruise across the lake on the ferry(see photos from last year)
then follow "River Road" up to Jingellic pub for lunch. from weir wall 130km.

All together 200km - allowing for the ferry and stops about 3.5hrs.

Then easy cruise back to Tallangatta via Tintaldra, Cudgewa and Murray Valley highway. 120km. 1.25hrs (unless you're chasing RYDRZ!)

NB. Police
It is a double demerit weekend, so I've guesstimated times on this, but these roads will allow for some good spirited riding at (or around the speed limit) Police

This was my idea - but there are heaps of great roads aound this area so if you have another idea put it up. Pi_thumbsup

For those staying on the Sunday night.
We could have an easy run to Dartmouth. Lockharts Gap there and Omeo highway back
or if in the mood for something longer, Mt Buffalo is stunning.

[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Im already booked for Hamilton Island the week before, I doubt I will be able to get the extra time off.
-------------------------------------------------------
My Busa Pics.....
(15-12-2011, 03:18pm)Tyronm Wrote: Im already booked for Hamilton Island the week before, I doubt I will be able to get the extra time off.
Booked a room at wardys.me and timmy o.will make it to this one.Shoulder is coming along.Not to much pain.Bugger missing tathra.cheers Did princetown ,lavers hill,beech forest,Tanybryn,tightest twist road every been on.tared sort of logging road.Keeps you on your toes.On to skenes creeck,apollo bay lavers hill & warrnambool home.Very Happy

(16-01-2012, 11:00am)grantxr6t Wrote:
(15-12-2011, 03:18pm)Tyronm Wrote: Im already booked for Hamilton Island the week before, I doubt I will be able to get the extra time off.
Booked a room at wardys.me and timmy o.will make it to this one.Shoulder is coming along.Not to much pain.Bugger missing tathra.cheers Did princetown ,lavers hill,beech forest,Tanybryn,tightest twist road every been on.tared sort of logging road.Keeps you on your toes.On to skenes creeck,apollo bay lavers hill & warrnambool home.Very Happy

Good one Grant Pi_thumbsup
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
You won't see me on a double demerit point weekend fanging a Busa in nsw. Sorry guys. (I'm nursing 4 points for two years!)
Sorry Wardy I was set on coming and bringing my bride, however, my dear cousin Lloyd, a Vetnam veteran, caught himself a deadly aggressive lung cancer after surviving throat cancer a few years ago. We thought we were losing him then so I rode from Canberra to Clermont QLD to farewell him. He survived the throat but a few weeks before Christmas was diagnosed with a very aggressive lung cancer. Killed him on the 30th Dec at 1.20pm.
We couldn't get to Clermont for the funeral, too costly, no accommodation (the Mines have all hotel accommodation booked and also have people in tents out the back of the largest hotel in town.)
My cousin Kevin (more like the big brother Inever had) has advised they will hold a memorial for the family that couldn't get to Clermont, you guessed it, at Easter this year. This is a very close family, there are 5 of the cousins left on Dad's side of the family out of the original 6. We have to go to Valla - 45 kays south of Coffs Harbour for the memorial. No choice.
So no Tallangatta for Mrs Max and I this year, hopefully next year.

Cheers

Max
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!
(16-01-2012, 09:41pm)Madmax Wrote: Sorry Wardy I was set on coming and bringing my bride, however, my dear cousin Lloyd, a Vetnam veteran, caught himself a deadly aggressive lung cancer after surviving throat cancer a few years ago. We thought we were losing him then so I rode from Canberra to Clermont QLD to farewell him. He survived the throat but a few weeks before Christmas was diagnosed with a very aggressive lung cancer. Killed him on the 30th Dec at 1.20pm.
We couldn't get to Clermont for the funeral, too costly, no accommodation (the Mines have all hotel accommodation booked and also have people in tents out the back of the largest hotel in town.)
My cousin Kevin (more like the big brother Inever had) has advised they will hold a memorial for the family that couldn't get to Clermont, you guessed it, at Easter this year. This is a very close family, there are 5 of the cousins left on Dad's side of the family out of the original 6. We have to go to Valla - 45 kays south of Coffs Harbour for the memorial. No choice.
So no Tallangatta for Mrs Max and I this year, hopefully next year.

Cheers

Max

There's the things we want to do, and the things we have to do. . . Always good to catch up with family, what ever the reason.

You'll just have to come down next year! Pi_thumbsup

We're starting to get a bit of a group together now, looking like a good turn out. Yes
Things are starting to get a bit closer, so I need to start allocating rooms and people. That means PM me or ring me 1800 816 746 (it's a freecall) to book your room.

So Far - Please let me know so I can update the list.

RYDRZ - Corbin - room held - him and the Easter bunny
RUFFY - John x 2 - room held
SHIFU - Andrew x 2 - room held
Granttrx6t & Timmy Otool - room held
Frank OH - room held
Busdriver Les - room held

Rod - our new beloved leader - out.
Max - was in - out

plus an unroooly assortment of uncoooth locals. - Bandit & Vitto & ...

(Tallangatta is very popular and busy with bikes at this time of year, and I have already cancelled one bike group and have another on standby incase our's doesn't fill.)
(18-01-2012, 09:43am)Ward P Wrote: Things are starting to get a bit closer, so I need to start allocating rooms and people. That means PM me or ring me 1800 816 746 (it's a freecall) to book your room.

Rod - our new beloved leader - ?????
Busdriver Les - ????
Max - was in - out

plus an unroooly assortment of uncoooth locals.(this would be me !!!!)

(Tallangatta is very popular and busy with bikes at this time of year, and I have already cancelled one bike group and have another on standby incase our's doesn't fill.)

Im probaly doing Tassie for two Weeks Its a PR Trip Paid for by the Club Very Happy
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(18-01-2012, 09:43am)Ward P Wrote: Things are starting to get a bit closer, so I need to start allocating rooms and people. That means PM me or ring me 1800 816 746 (it's a freecall) to book your room.

Frank OH - room held
Busdriver Les - room held
Nathan - room held

Rod - our new beloved leader - out.
Max - was in - out

plus an unroooly assortment of uncoooth locals. - Bandit & Vitto & ...

Our little group so far. Did I mention there'll be chocolate? - don't forget Corbin's Easter egg hunt. Very Happy
Drool I would love to catch up with you guys down there it was so good at Tathra. It is a bit far to come now I am in Townsville, Biker
(21-01-2012, 12:17pm)Doogie Wrote: Drool I would love to catch up with you guys down there it was so good at Tathra. It is a bit far to come now I am in Townsville, Biker

Yeah mate, you're forgiven this time. Your Tathra run was a mammoth effort. Clap

but we're getting a nice little group together now. Pi_thumbsupBikerPi_thumbsup