Buying off the net
When I purchased my new Busa I was quoted $1100 to fit Yoshi R-77 slip on's so I looked around and found I can get them delivered from the USA for $680. I like to shop local and dont mind paying for the privilege but there are limits.
At that price difference, creamy....grab 'em while you can!!! Pi_thumbsup I seriously suspect that biatch with the manually enhanced ear-lobes will soon put a stop to this, with an increase on import fees & charges (read: MORE TAXES)! Frown Pi_thumbsdown Frown
(27-08-2011, 08:19am)bazman Wrote: At that price difference, creamy....grab 'em while you can!!! Pi_thumbsup I seriously suspect that biatch with the manually enhanced ear-lobes will soon put a stop to this, with an increase on import fees & charges (read: MORE TAXES)! Frown Pi_thumbsdown Frown

They're ordered ,paid for and on their way..
yes bazman. she and her cronies are trying to work out how they can get there grubby hands on that money! we need to get her out asap!
Mate, try www.bikegear warehouse in NSW , they are as cheap as the USA,and offer free delivery.I have bought a lot of stuff includig my yoshi r77s and the service has been great with no delays.If you need to exchange anything they are great.BTW they are having a sale this weekend
I've found every time I try to buy local, it takes for ever for stuff to come in, and yea, always heaps pricier...

On line is the only way to go.... I generally keep orders under 1000 to miss the import, and yea... overseas suppliers are usually good at keeping delivery times pretty short....

I just cant justify the local shops....

Ash
(27-08-2011, 11:12am)Axe Wrote: I've found every time I try to buy local, it takes for ever for stuff to come in, and yea, always heaps pricier...

On line is the only way to go.... I generally keep orders under 1000 to miss the import, and yea... overseas suppliers are usually good at keeping delivery times pretty short....

I just cant justify the local shops....

Ash

I'm with Ash on this 1! Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
(27-08-2011, 09:33am)beally55 Wrote: Mate, try www.bikegear warehouse in NSW , they are as cheap as the USA,and offer free delivery.I have bought a lot of stuff includig my yoshi r77s and the service has been great with no delays.If you need to exchange anything they are great.BTW they are having a sale this weekend

BGW have lost the yoshi contract, you will only be able to order anything that have in stock. Pretty sure BGW is about to fold...
Regards,

John

2fast4u
Yeah I emailed BGW and they have run out of allot of stuff? they have it listed on their sight but you can't buy it.
I have just gone crazy buying stuff for the new baby, so I can't wait to get back home and fit it all, the bulk from ebay via US as it's heaps cheaper just need time to allow it to arrive.
(27-08-2011, 02:17pm)John Wrote:
(27-08-2011, 09:33am)beally55 Wrote: Mate, try www.bikegear warehouse in NSW , they are as cheap as the USA,and offer free delivery.I have bought a lot of stuff includig my yoshi r77s and the service has been great with no delays.If you need to exchange anything they are great.BTW they are having a sale this weekend

BGW have lost the yoshi contract, you will only be able to order anything that have in stock. Pretty sure BGW is about to fold...

Doesn't Mladin own that!!

The link isn't working, Is it already "Gone?"

[/quote]

Doesn't Mladin own that!!

You are right mate, he owns it and I hope he will go broke soon. The service they providing is a real shit (bunch of lying f***kers - sorry can help getting emotional thinking of my experience with them) and I would advice you to stay away from them.
As to the main topic of the thread - mate go for the internet wherever you can. You will save yourself money and the time every time. Beware however that before the tax man will get into your pocket, some manufacturers try to screw you over now by appointing "local distributors" and forcing you to buy from them by utomatically re-directing you to the local websites. The catch is the price. Somehow they think Australians are a bunch of idiots so they will pay double the price for the same product. Powerbronze is the classic example how this works. Check the UK site for prices and then compare it with the local website.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Just bought a set of Jardine highrise pipes for my wifes VTR1000 from BGW, they were advertised on special for $799, gave them a ring and they gave me a further 35% off, ended up paying $539 delivered with insurance, paid on friday arrived Monday morning. Can't complain with that service, bought heaps from them in the past and never had a problem. Also bought heaps over the net, never had a problem there either.