GENII Ohlins Cartridges
(25-08-2011, 05:56pm)Troopmaster Wrote:
(25-08-2011, 11:13am)BikerBoy Wrote:
(22-08-2011, 12:38am)-M- Wrote: Would you mind posting the part number Tony has given you.. I was told by an Ohlins distributor there is no cartridge kit available for the Gen2.

Wouldn't mind knowing this myself.
Ohlins do not list a GenII cartridge kit and I can't find any info at all.
The only parts for the GenII front seem to be the FGRT805.

BikerBoy, you will fing K8/1000 suit im told. Very Happy

Thanks Pi_thumbsup I was thinking the 1000's wouldn't be too far astray (if not identical).
(21-08-2011, 07:25pm)Troopmaster Wrote: Interesting comments there Shifu as i have no such issues with my front end! Confused

Did you try going fast there? Lol3 Once you done with setting maybe we can meet there (the usual spot in the carpark at the top) one weekend and do some runs to get it right. What do you say? Biker
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(25-08-2011, 10:04pm)Shifu Wrote:
(21-08-2011, 07:25pm)Troopmaster Wrote: Interesting comments there Shifu as i have no such issues with my front end! Confused

Did you try going fast there? Lol3 Once you done with setting maybe we can meet there (the usual spot in the carpark at the top) one weekend and do some runs to get it right. What do you say? Biker

Very Happy Shifu, Very rarley do i do the Gorge, its Chain of Ponds for me! Very Happy
(26-08-2011, 04:33am)Troopmaster Wrote: Very Happy Shifu, Very rarley do i do the Gorge, its Chain of Ponds for me! Very Happy
Oh Yeah, give me C.O.P. any day Pi_thumbsup Biker Pi_thumbsup
Isn't it Ironic that my Favourite Stretch of Tarmac is called C.O.P. Eek
(27-08-2011, 09:18pm)CarbonBusa Wrote:
(26-08-2011, 04:33am)Troopmaster Wrote: Very Happy Shifu, Very rarley do i do the Gorge, its Chain of Ponds for me! Very Happy
Oh Yeah, give me C.O.P. any day Pi_thumbsup Biker Pi_thumbsup

C'mon guys, you ain't getting soft or something these days? C.O.P. is a great stretch of road, no argument but surely the old Gorgie with it's cliffs and blind corners can give you some adrenaline rush Lol3
Very Happy
Chain of Ponds by far is a more techincal ride, it has everything that Gorge has, aswell as being tighter and "Knarlier".

Too many Ghosts on Gorge for me.
Picking Busa up tomorrow, Im so excited!! Drool
Hey Troopy when can we test ride it for direct comparisons even though mine's a TLR ?
Rubber, with all due respects; your about half my size and weight, i feel any comparison between the two would be floored simply because she has been setup for me. Very Happy

(02-09-2011, 08:13pm)Troopmaster Wrote: Picking Busa up tomorrow, Im so excited!! Drool

Just a quick question. Did you changed the front springs for a highier rating to go with it? Confused
OK Guys n Gals, it goes like this; in the case of my K9 Im running K8/1000 Cartriges, as to my knowldege there is no such part for the GENII or K9 Hayabusa, (as a Hayabusa part), these have been re-valved and re-sprung to suit me, (1.1kg Springs - the heaviest Ohilns make for the given application), with 5 weight Fluid. Very Happy

And yes, the rear has been re-sprung to suit my weight, (currently approx 155 kg).

Tony from Race Bike Services has done a great job, I rode back home with the thought that i just need to feel how Busa is reacting to the Road now, instead of going hell for leather, (as I would of had I have been heading home via Chain of Ponds), (Im still learning the local roads here at the mo).
As you Adelaide Crew know, im currently zipping around in Jeans and a Dry Rider; todays ride home really drove home how much I need to be able to get back into my Leathers!!!
I have also noticed how the roads differ in this area from Chain of Ponds etc, over here the roads are "More Counrty", and "C.O.P"/Lobie Road is more like a Suburban Road or even Highway: (much much smoother, no Mud, Dirt, Cow Shit, Moss, nor Potholes and Bumps)!!
Nevertheless, Busa felt great, giving posative feedback thru the Bars, and the rear, and (as she always was), firmly planted to the ground wanting to FU@K off at the flick of a wrist!! Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

In a nutshell, im really happy with the outcome of my upgrade, it had to be done to be able to do what i want to do.

FYI, I bought the rear shock in early 2010, it cost me 1,800.00, the works done to the Front End including all re-springing, re-valving etc cost approx $900.00, the Cartridges I scored from a mate who Races in production Superbike, cost $500.00.
Total cost for this excercise, approx $3,200.00

Shifu, Bikerboy, i hope this gives you a little insight. Very Happy

(20-08-2011, 08:02pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: Give me a break Matt , Can't get near you now .Are you & Shifu having a Whose got the most aftermarket Improvement's contest?
(Not Bling )

Greeny, my Braketech Disks turned up today, just about to go out into the shed and put them on!

Rite about now Im thinking ive got a pretty well set up package! Pi_thumbsup

Thanks for all the info Troop. I'm only 82kg so the stock susp. is not that bad for me at the moment.
I'm having the susp. adjusted at the track again this Friday to suit the changes I've made to the bike.
I was going to go down the same path as you with a rebuild of the front but full replacement on the rear,
but am now 50/50 on either spending more money on the Busa or shelling out for a dedicated track bike.
Will prob. end up going for a tracky and building that up instead.

You'll love the braketech's mate. Did you get the axis irons?
Definately one of the best decisions I made while upgrading my Busa was to get these. Huge difference!!!
Pi_thumbsup
(04-10-2011, 10:14am)BikerBoy Wrote: Thanks for all the info Troop. I'm only 82kg so the stock susp. is not that bad for me at the moment.
I'm having the susp. adjusted at the track again this Friday to suit the changes I've made to the bike.
I was going to go down the same path as you with a rebuild of the front but full replacement on the rear,
but am now 50/50 on either spending more money on the Busa or shelling out for a dedicated track bike.
Will prob. end up going for a tracky and building that up instead.

You'll love the braketech's mate. Did you get the axis irons?
Definately one of the best decisions I made while upgrading my Busa was to get these. Huge difference!!!
Pi_thumbsup

Biker, thats exactly what ive purchased! :)
As for Dedicated track Bike versus Street/Track Bike; Im of the attitude that a dedicated Bike is the better option, best you put your hard earned dollars into the suspension on your trackie!
If you ever come to sleepy old Adelaide with Busa let me know and im sure it will be easy to get a few Lads to come out and cut some laps with ya!! Pi_thumbsup