CARBON FIBER AIRBOX Gen2
Check this lttlie gen out that I found on Star Racing's Website.... big $$'s for a box?

AIRBOX, CARBON FIBER, SUZUKI GSX1300R HAYABUSA
Replaces stock OEM part. Each part is manufactured with 100% aircraft grade pre-impregnated Carbon Fiber. No fiberglass or other materials sandwiched in between. Improved Airflow due to open design (no filter). Weighs 7 lbs. less than OEM part.
PRICE: $899.00 USDScaryScaryScaryScaryScary

[Image: airbox1%5B1%5D.jpg]

Carbon Air Box
I looked at this but I've read that you get stuff all figures Bach from it for the cost so didn't bother. And I like my barrels kept clean to!
Don't know where they get 7 lb lighter from. My stocky weighs 2.5kg/5.5 lb,so their's must be lighter than air .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(30-08-2011, 04:39pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: Don't know where they get 7 lb lighter from. My stocky weighs 2.5kg/5.5 lb,so their's must be lighter than air .

Lol2 Lol2 Lol3 Maybe they use a cast iron version for comparison??? Welcome to the advertising! There are cheaper ways to f*** up your engine. Just take the air filter out of your OEM box. Pi_thumbsup
Must say though it looks very yummy... and if it was really functional I might be tempted.....
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(30-08-2011, 11:42pm)Shifu Wrote:
(30-08-2011, 04:39pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: Don't know where they get 7 lb lighter from. My stocky weighs 2.5kg/5.5 lb,so their's must be lighter than air .

Lol2 Lol2 Lol3 Maybe they use a cast iron version for comparison??? Welcome to the advertising! There are cheaper ways to f*** up your engine. Just take the air filter out of your OEM box. Pi_thumbsup
Must say though it looks very yummy... and if it was really functional I might be tempted.....
Having seen a separate contraption in your seat hump known as worlds best oil filter- you going filterless for air is unacceptable ......Lol2
(31-08-2011, 02:05am)Bill Gaheer Wrote:
(30-08-2011, 11:42pm)Shifu Wrote:

Lol2 Maybe they use a cast iron version for comparison??? Welcome to the advertising! There are cheaper ways to f*** up your engine. Just take the air filter out of your OEM box. Pi_thumbsup
Having seen a separate contraption in your seat hump known as worlds best oil filter- you going filterless for air is unacceptable ......Lol2

Man, I said "if it was really functional" meaning containing an air filter. Lol3 You are right, it would be a grave offence to go without...
It is designed for racing where they don't really care about the engines life and it is a trap for those who buy the racing components thinking they are better for their bikes. Like some oils and oil/air filters Scary
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"