Power Commander V5 tunes
Hey guys maybe someone can help I've got Yoshi R77 slip-on's and K&N and a Commander V5 and I wanted to know if there are any off the shelf tunes on other sites for this set-up? None on the Dynojet site? Or I may have to get it tuned on a dyno anyway? which could be good but not worth the $$'s too?
Why dont you flash your standard CPU instead of Power Commander - its better and cheaper
(30-08-2011, 01:55pm)Bill Gaheer Wrote: Why dont you flash your standard CPU instead of Power Commander - its better and cheaper

Bill, does your Busa run a Pentium or an AMD. Lol2
(30-08-2011, 01:55pm)Bill Gaheer Wrote: Why dont you flash your standard CPU instead of Power Commander - its better and cheaper

ok how can I do that? Gen 2 right? steer away mate.

You can either buy yourself a flashing Harness for about $220 from BoostbySmith and download a copy of ecu editor(free) as the do it yourself option, or you can get Pete (AHC member FasterFaster) to do it for you. You can post him your ecu and he can flash it and post it back.

If you go the do it yourself option, the software has an autotune function which similar to like what Dynojets Autotune kit does.
There is a little bit of a learning curve but not too hard once you get going.

The good benefit is that our stock ecu can do it all without extra aftermarket add-ons.

http://ecueditor.com/

http://www.boostbysmith.com/

(30-08-2011, 02:05pm)BikerBoy Wrote:

Bill, does your Busa run a Pentium or an AMD. Lol2

Mate its not running - problem is its parked.....Scary

CPU or EMS or any other name dosent matter - just get in touch with Fasterfaster he will sort things out...
Mind you - you are talking to a non riding member. Who likes to Own and park his Busa.
Confused

(30-08-2011, 02:17pm)BikerBoy Wrote: You can either buy yourself a flashing Harness for about $220 from BoostbySmith and download a copy of ecu editor(free) as the do it yourself option, or you can get Pete (AHC member FasterFaster) to do it for you. You can post him your ecu and he can flash it and post it back.

If you go the do it yourself option, the software has an autotune function which similar to like what Dynojets Autotune kit does.
There is a little bit of a learning curve but not too hard once you get going.

The good benefit is that our stock ecu can do it all without extra aftermarket add-ons.

http://ecueditor.com/

http://www.boostbysmith.com/

PM Pete AKA Fasterfaster - he will sort you out.

Trophy
(30-08-2011, 01:53pm)raceworx Wrote: Hey guys maybe someone can help I've got Yoshi R77 slip-on's and K&N and a Commander V5 and I wanted to know if there are any off the shelf tunes on other sites for this set-up? None on the Dynojet site? Or I may have to get it tuned on a dyno anyway? which could be good but not worth the $$'s too?

Mate,
I would and have gone with the re-flash, cheaper & no piggy back units on your ecu. I had mine done by Pete @ fasterfaster just some food for thought.
Steve.

i

Hi there , hills cycles at Castle Hill r good for the flash on standard ECU's

(30-08-2011, 01:53pm)raceworx Wrote: Hey guys maybe someone can help I've got Yoshi R77 slip-on's and K&N and a Commander V5 and I wanted to know if there are any off the shelf tunes on other sites for this set-up? None on the Dynojet site? Or I may have to get it tuned on a dyno anyway? which could be good but not worth the $$'s too?

Cheers James Australia2
thanks for all the feedback guys, I am thinking I may sell on the commander if the tune works well?
(01-09-2011, 04:28pm)raceworx Wrote: thanks for all the feedback guys, I am thinking I may sell on the commander if the tune works well?

I re-call reading on the forum here about problems people were having with PC in the past. Nor sure if anything is different with your version, but BikerBoy has given you the best advice IMHO. You might still need to fine tune it on dyno to account for your cans and different air flter though. Do not forget the PAIR mod as well.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Whats this PAIR mod about? does anyone have any pics to follow and whats the best way etc... I have a Gen2 so I assume it different to Gen1? not sure here?
(02-09-2011, 07:03pm)raceworx Wrote: Whats this PAIR mod about? does anyone have any pics to follow and whats the best way etc... I have a Gen2 so I assume it different to Gen1? not sure here?

Check this one:
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...t=pair+mod

You can read more about it through this thread. It takes only 1 marble and 10 minutes. Lol3
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Or if you wish to remove all hardware and then turn of Pair in ECU

ok thanks for all the pointers but does anyone have any pics of where to put the marble? etc..

also these look good smog block off plates