First performance mods..in the planning stage
Gents,
I am desparate to improve my drag times but have promised myself not to spend major cash until I at least get the stock times down in the mid 10's, At this point I should then know that I am riding it reasonably well.
This will give me some time to plan my mods, purchase and allow for shipping time prior to fitting and getting better times...

My initial mods are planned as follows.....
Lowering straps..Standard from Brock racing..

Ultra light Clutch mod...Brock racing...

Dog bones...Will go with standard, although it sounds like there are some issues with the length of the bones and contact with the lowere support strut. Bear, I am interested in the ones you have produced but need to find out where and how to get them manufactured...

Braided stainless lines...Brock racing..I currently have no manual so need to know the line lengths for front, rear brake and clutch. Will go with the double lines at the front also. Any body with the lengths please reply...

Mirror block offs...Do these actually help??

Front sprocket 16T...Brock racing...

Rear sprocket..Not sure about this one yet...

Exhaust...Any recommendations??this will be a bit further down the track along with Power commander and any required air box mods..

Other suggestions are welcome. My Busa is a stock standard k5 red and black...The only things that I have added are stainless steel screens to protect the coolers under the front fairing, removed stock rear fender and fitted rear hugger, double bubble screen.

She is going in for a service (6000k) next week and am getting Michelin rear tire fitted, my battleaxe is all but gone. I think it is the HPX or HX model, cant remember what we discussed on the phone but one of the guys at the drags on Wednesday 15th had them fitted and was getting about 10K out of them.

Alcatraz
<i></i>
Your on the right track.My advice is to get it low and get your 60ft down to 1.7 or lower.Then go looking for more power.At best breathing mods would give you 2-4 tenths,what your planning will give your a more consistent improvement until you get better at it. Glenn the Spa Man<i></i>
Alko,
There are a lot cheaper places to buy from than Brock. Surf or ask around. Plenty here on this site can do you a better deal. Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
<i></i>
Hit up Ray (kawasuki) or Shayne (abusa) for your bits, it will save you a shit load in time and money. <i></i>
Theres a few places in OZ that have the lowering parts you need in stock right now & will be cheaper than OS
This is aBUSa's site
www.cyanideracing.com.au/

Then there wolf racing
www.wolfracing.com.au/

Pete's pit stop
www.petespitstop.com.au/homeframe.html

Easyriders imports ( Ray) (aka Kawasuki )

easyriderimports.com.au/

Thats just for starters Try Supporting Some Local Guys

shane
<i>Edited by: the shredder 3 at: 17/11/06 10:00
</i>
Thats the type of info I am chasing...Thanks for that..Will support local guys all the way....That was one of the reasons I put in the manufacturers name, hoping to find out who does the biz locally....

Alcatraz

<i></i>
Mate I am no drag racer by any means, and I don't know how much drag racing you have done, but I would suggest that you practice technique before going too crazy spending cash. A stocker should get under 10.5 without too much trouble.

I saw a bloke at willowbank on a stocker pulling 10.1 all day. Brand new bike straight off the shelf. ( He told me he has been racing for 20 years or so though!! ). Don't ride behind me, I might bin it, Don't ride in front of me ya slow moving bastard, Just ride beside me and shut the f*** up.<i></i>
not to forget www.blingpartsaustralia.com.au for lowering links and mirror plates

New Page 1RegardGrantKing of Stealth Blingwww.blingpartsaustralia.com.au<i>Edited by: MacBusa at: 17/11/06 12:37
</i>
Mate practice is your friend and he’s more valuable than any mods ;)

The only mod you really need is to have the clutch welded this will help big time with your starts all the rest is a bonus.

I have the welded clutch, large air box mod and slip-ons pipes and can run 10.2’s and can see it going faster but only if I can get my starts sorted because it’s all over by the 60ft mark.

Arguing with idiots is like wrestling a pig in the mud, you both get dirty but the pig enjoys it!<i></i>
Alcatraz, the "undog" bones will be there Wed.
Cheers
Oh and try Hel for lines off the net too.
<i></i>
Bear,
Oredered the lines after reading your email..They are on the way....
Alcatraz <i></i>