uploading videos
Very Happy see second post
Hi guys,

I get some good emails and ive tried to post the videos in a few times but they have not gone through. I checked the video clips and they are mpg form. is that the issue ? or am I missing something.Idiot2
ScaryPi_freakScaryPi_freak
does it have to be youtube clips only? do i have to change the format to a different one???
HELLO! I have no idea (I'm not the technical one) so I'll leave it to the boffins.
(16-09-2011, 07:53pm)Heidi1 Wrote: HELLO! I have no idea (I'm not the technical one) so I'll leave it to the boffins.

Hi,
yep im a bit lost as well with these issues, if I dont get any feed back and cant work it out, I ll ask the guys next time we meet a Torque cafe.

Thanks
They might know. I'm still excited about learning how to put smilies in a post. They keep me around because I look good in the photos.
(16-09-2011, 09:27pm)Heidi1 Wrote: They might know. I'm still excited about learning how to put smilies in a post. They keep me around because I look good in the photos.

Lol3

....Heidi ALWAYS looks good (....& occasionally quite menacing!!!)

Lol2Lol2Lol2

Wm

THANKS for that arseclown! That wasn't tricky, trying to smuggle it out of work. In case anyone is wondering, it is a Kaneg headlifting stand.

And I was very excited to get it.
(16-09-2011, 09:18pm)Bluethunder Wrote:
(16-09-2011, 07:53pm)Heidi1 Wrote: HELLO! I have no idea (I'm not the technical one) so I'll leave it to the boffins.

Hi,
yep im a bit lost as well with these issues, if I dont get any feed back and cant work it out, I ll ask the guys next time we meet a Torque cafe.

Thanks

Good idea! I'll try to remember to bring my laptop with internet connection when we meet so we can figure stuff out.

Oh, won't we look cool! Big sports bikes, leather jackets, and all crowded around a laptop checking out a bike website!

(16-09-2011, 07:47pm)Bluethunder Wrote: Hi guys,

I get some good emails and ive tried to post the videos in a few times but they have not gone through. I checked the video clips and they are mpg form. is that the issue ? or am I missing something.Idiot2
ScaryPi_freakScaryPi_freak
does it have to be youtube clips only? do i have to change the format to a different one???

I don't know the structure of this forum and the settings that are applied so don't count this as gospel but,

Only way you can do it depends on how the video resides in your emails. If they are actually attached in the email and exist localy on your computer you would need to upload to a service such as YouTube first and then link to it via the 'add video' setting in the thread.

If the video's are linked within your email you would need to open the link, copy the url from the address bar (or copy the actual video's location directly from its properties) and just paste it directly into your post or use 'insert hyperlink'. It will not display the video on the AHC forum but the link should show up for everyone to click on.

Most forums do not allow direct upload of video to the server as an attachment in threads. If they did we would blow out all the bandwidth and allocated web space within a few days and the site would be temporarily blocked by the hosting company...or the forum owner would cop a nice big bill$$$$$$ for exceeding the allowable amount.
You will need to send it to photo bucket etc if you have account there

http://photobucket.com/ Its Free then as above post put the url in your post Pi_thumbsup
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(17-09-2011, 07:44pm)ROD Wrote: You will need to send it to photo bucket etc if you have account there

http://photobucket.com/ Its Free then as above post put the url in your post Pi_thumbsup

Thanks ROD, Ill try it.
I will move this Thread now as it has been answered and not realy antything to do with AHC Standards & Rules Hope you got your answers
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com