Intalling a Stebel Nautilus Air Horn
After some more advice

I know this is an easy one to install but im asking to save time and to make sure I pull off the right side of the fairing etc.

Has anybody installed a Stebel Air Horn on theie Gen II?
If so do you have any pictures or instructions? e.g. mounting and location etc...

Anything will help.

Is the horn accessible from the right or left isde of the fairing?

Attached Files
.jpg   nautilusCS.jpg (Size: 12.53 KB / Downloads: 307)
-------------------------------------------------------
My Busa Pics.....
This is for a Gen 1 but you may be able to modify the install for use on a Gen II:

http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/electrical...ation.html
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy.
(02-10-2011, 04:34pm)Rainbow7 Wrote: This is for a Gen 1 but you may be able to modify the install for use on a Gen II:

http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/electrical...ation.html

I can tell you from experience that this install is very hard..had mine done by petes pitstop on my 09 gen 2 and pete had a hard time to keep in the fairing work.

He had to shave around a third off the horn and even then it was a nightmare.
The only other option is to put it in the tail or external on the bike thus losing Db's or run the risk of damaging the horn or bike if external.

My install is great but only because pete was so thorough.

Regards,

RICHO

(02-10-2011, 06:16pm)blackbullet Wrote: He had to shave around a third off the horn

What do you mean, exactly? Which part of the Stebel Nautilus Compact can be "shaved" without wrecking the horn?

Does the Gen II motor (I've never looked at one close up) not have the same series of tapped/threaded holes at the back of the throttle bodies as shown in the pics in the link I posted?
Will it fit in the nose cone section Undecided Seems the most logical place to fit it for best DB's

Isn't it Ironic that my Favourite Stretch of Tarmac is called C.O.P. Eek
(02-10-2011, 06:58pm)CarbonBusa Wrote: Will it fit in the nose cone section Undecided Seems the most logical place to fit it for best DB's

The Nautilus needs to be kept as upright as possible, so whilst jamming it into a nose cone may work, it may not be at an optimal angle.
(02-10-2011, 07:06pm)Rainbow7 Wrote:
(02-10-2011, 06:58pm)CarbonBusa Wrote: Will it fit in the nose cone section Undecided Seems the most logical place to fit it for best DB's

The Nautilus needs to be kept as upright as possible, so whilst jamming it into a nose cone may work, it may not be at an optimal angle.

Ahhh I see, yeah I don't know the size details etc so I might have to get one and have a play Very Happy

Are these the ones you guys are talking about PeeBay

Edit wrong link

I'm not sure. The one in the thread linked to in my first post above is what we're talking about.
(02-10-2011, 07:30pm)Rainbow7 Wrote: I'm not sure. The one in the thread linked to in my first post above is what we're talking about.

Thanks Rainbow, I might look around a bit first as I don't know much about them Pi_thumbsup
Just wondering why the nautilus needs to be kept as upright as possible??
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
(02-10-2011, 08:21pm)VNSVLE Wrote: Just wondering why the nautilus needs to be kept as upright as possible??

Found this in my quest for knowledge:

"Per the manufacturer, this horn should be mounted so that the cylinder is vertical (with the horn facing down). There should be no more than a 15 degree variance from the vertical position. If it is not mounted per these specifications, then the horn may cease to function after a period of time."

and this (From Rainbows sight)

After I gave mine away, (to a bloke with a Honda), seen one fitted to a Ducati with the horn mounted on the bottom right hand side of the bottom right hand front fork and the compressor mounted inside fairing with compressed air supply tube running down the side of fork (wind bucket).
You'll find a $35 duel electric at Autopro or Supacheap, comes with a relay to run wires to horn switch wires. 6 - 8" x 2mm x 1/2" aluminium flat bar n 3 x 3/16" holes with centre hole bolted onto stock horn stud n bob's your uncle. Throw the stock RTA Approved Horn in the shitter cause they're useless.
(02-10-2011, 06:27pm)Rainbow7 Wrote:
(02-10-2011, 06:16pm)blackbullet Wrote: He had to shave around a third off the horn

What do you mean, exactly? Which part of the Stebel Nautilus Compact can be "shaved" without wrecking the horn?
In your case only send me a cheque and I'll tell you Showback

Does the Gen II motor (I've never looked at one close up) not have the same series of tapped/threaded holes at the back of the throttle bodies as shown in the pics in the link I posted?
"casting dispersions on others credability." And their illiteracy & work .

The negatives of mounting horn here are apart from burying the horn in a hole and in effect muffling it which defeats the purpose of fitting. In this position given the heat it would be exposed to along with the plastic content of the horn one wouldn't expect it's lifespan to be long at all.
Well, my horn has been mounted where it is for a considerable time now and has not incurred any damage. It is also very loud, as several members of this club can attest to.

It's nice to see that you retain your ability to turn genuine inquiry into petty squabbling, Pete.
(03-10-2011, 08:08am)Rainbow7 Wrote: Well, my horn has been mounted where it is for a considerable time now and has not incurred any damage. It is also very loud, as several members of this club can attest to.

It's nice to see that you retain your ability to turn genuine inquiry into petty squabbling, Pete.

This coming from someone that still maintains the signature
I find amusing indeed.
As for petty squabbling ................. try not disputing every post I place and in the words of Gomer Pyle "surprise surprise" it may just cease.
Tell you what if you know half as much about your own job as you believe you do about mine then you must be a fuckin marvel at it.
Quoting yourself here I'd say you must own an Alsatian do you ? Lol2