New Pipe/System PROBLEMS?
Has anyone experienced problems in the fitting or subsequent use (quality of manufacture failures) with their full Yosh R77 or Akra systems? I have heard that the Yoshi rivets can come loose or split leading to replacement of the can (not cheap!)
Fitting wise, any problems with the oil cooler or anything else?
At this stage the R77 4-2-1 full system is US$770+ 120 express
delivery. That sounds like a good deal doesn't it?
I think I'm going for the Stainless Steel end can as it's 140 cheaper than the carbon and might be easier to keep clean etc etc. Any thoughts from owners?
I'm mainly interested in saving weight, though any increase in HP and TQ would be a bonus too. Thanks,
FP
I have a full Akrapivic dual system on my bike. You have to appreciate that I am a very hard to please son of a bitch when comes to the aftermarket accessories and consider 80% of them simply a rubbish not worthy being on my bike. When it comes to Akra however I was so bloody impressed with it (got the titaniium and CF cans as I could not decide which looks better) that I wrote to the factory congratulating them on the fantastic product. Everything fitted in perfectly, better than the OEM system that needs a bit of pushing and forcing. Even with my longer than standard oil filter - I use Purolator. The quality of the parts is outstanding and the welds are need to be seen to believe. I have not try any others so I can not comment, but you will have no problem with Akra. Wish some other manufactures took the same care with their products. Word of caution though - do not try to get it through an Australian distributors as they are a bunch of dickeads that wasted six months of my time and even lied to me that they do not make a titanium version any longer. Get them from USA or Europe. It is cheaper as well.

Cheers,
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(13-10-2011, 09:48pm)Shifu Wrote: I have a full Akrapivic dual system on my bike. You have to appreciate that I am a very hard to please son of a bitch when comes to the aftermarket accessories and consider 80% of them simply a rubbish not worthy being on my bike. When it comes to Akra however I was so bloody impressed with it (got the titaniium and CF cans as I could not decide which looks better) that I wrote to the factory congratulating them on the fantastic product. Everything fitted in perfectly, better than the OEM system that needs a bit of pushing and forcing. Even with my longer than standard oil filter - I use Purolator. The quality of the parts is outstanding and the welds are need to be seen to believe. I have not try any others so I can not comment, but you will have no problem with Akra. Wish some other manufactures took the same care with their products. Word of caution though - do not try to get it through an Australian distributors as they are a bunch of dickeads that wasted six months of my time and even lied to me that they do not make a titanium version any longer. Get them from USA or Europe. It is cheaper as well.

Cheers,

Thanks for that Shifu. I just got agreement from the Insurance that installing such a system would not void my insurance, which is nice. Have to just check about warranty, or just wait till warranty runs out. I do believe that Akra has the top available quality as I've never heard a bad word against them. My main interest is in lightening up the bike for better handling. Plenty of HP already!!
ciao
FP
OK, big moment. I've just ordered the Akra 4-2-1 from morepowerracing in the US. It's now or never I guess, so lets hope it all falls neatly into place in 10 days' time. Wish me luck!
I actually quite like the OEM mufflers' silky sound and don't mind the looks, but I always thought that the 4 into 1 looks a bit more purposeful and being lighter, that really hits the spot in the handling stakes. Chain maintenance will be easier too.
FP
(14-10-2011, 10:34pm)FalcoPerigri Wrote: OK, big moment. I've just ordered the Akra 4-2-1 from morepowerracing in the US. It's now or never I guess, so lets hope it all falls neatly into place in 10 days' time. Wish me luck!
I actually quite like the OEM mufflers' silky sound and don't mind the looks, but I always thought that the 4 into 1 looks a bit more purposeful and being lighter, that really hits the spot in the handling stakes. Chain maintenance will be easier too.
FP

The 4-2-1 system will give you slightly more power than the 4-2-2 and further weight saving. It is amazing how light they are Clap I choose the twin system purely for more balanced look.
Cheers,
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
I've been a bit unbalanced all my life But after following Busa's with 4to 2 & with 4 to 1 To Tathra & back , I think the twin cans look bulky & awkward in any brand & The 4 to 1 makes them look sleek & Tuff As. As always Just my opinion & not shared by Many ( only the smart ).Why carry more weight than you need ? .Twin can's British Hangover from a by gone era .Their not Free either .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Well, the OEM twin pipes are endearing in a way and I do like them, (like I like my aunty) however, clearing the left side will help when mucking around with the chain. I don't think the weight saving of 1 vs 2 cans is all that significant, unless the 2 cans happen to be the originals! I was interested in the Yoshi R77 SS, except that for shipping purposes, the bulk of the carton is bigger and cost more for the freight. The system itself was cheaper which goes to show they get you one way or another(!) Anyway, the net is cast. Carbon wheels next? How much weight all up will it save THEN???