Vic riders-police blitz on any-all-bikes
Cop blitzes..............they've been doing those for decades, but in the end they give up & resume normal programming.........why ?
lack of resources & other matters requiring their attention. Be patient, they will go away.........Coolsmiley
Never ride the A model of anything.
Why. Because fun long ago became frowned on in this fascist bs they call freedom and demoncracy
I
IF YOU CAN'T BEAT EM
BUY A BUSA Lol3

it makes it look good to the tin top motorist. we had a blitz here N.Z. over nov2011 i was coming back from a long ride and was going past the tintops was only sitting on about 115-120 and got into this little town and there they were pulling motorbikes over so i got pulled over too for a warrant and rego check and there goes the cars id past all looking and probably thinking id been done for speeding. just another waste of law emforcement time when ya got hoons patching it up and racing up and down the streets.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
(07-11-2011, 05:48pm)ROD Wrote: Totally legal. Only thing they don't seem to update are the "school zone" cameras. Set the "Overspeed" warning @ 140kmph so pigs have no legal right to take you straight off the road under the "Anti Hoon" laws.
Wear a $12 TDK el-cheapo headset so can hear at highway speeds.
Speed comes up in big red letters

We keep the Cheetah C50's in stock.

http://www.pashnit.com/product/cheetah_c50.html

On sale right now for $110 to your door in AU.

It's OK for You Tim ,You live in the land of the Free , If they are actually
legal to use here now, (which I Doubt ) , They won't be for long.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
I'd bet money the Cheetah GPS Detectors are 100% legal in every country, although you could likely look that up. Cheetah is based in Scotland, so that product line (of Laser Jammers & GPS Detectors) is coming from the UK. (Blinder is based in the Netherlands which makes the Jammer components). Here in the US, they got the blessing of all the higher ups for these new GPS Detectors as they slow people down at the right places (schools, Red light cameras, etc).

Here in California, we don't have any speed cameras, but the Red Light Cameras they installed got involved in huge lawsuits as the private company running those were charged with shortening the yellows. Sneaky.

Laser Jammers are only legal in 40 of 50 states here. LIDAR guns are big were I live. They park 4-5 CHP cruisers on the freeway on-ramp & run a random sting. Then the guy hides behind the sign on the overpass & shoots the cars with the LIDAR gun as the cars come down the hill.
detectors, staying home, not speeding, following the asshole law...what has happened to our civilisation we have become the cowed people in the film demolition man. welcome to the land of restrictions and sensible shoes!!
Smoke me a kipper I'll be home in time for breakfast
It all revolves around money. 50 years ago the speed limit on new zealand roads was 55mph now be got better cars and motorbikes with better handling and brakes and airbags but the speed limit is only 100kph. if we all stopped speeding where are they going to get there money from same as if everyone stopped drinking and smoking they would need to put taxes up to get that lost revenue.
(11-01-2012, 08:38am)grumpy Wrote: It all revolves around money. 50 years ago the speed limit on new zealand roads was 55mph now be got better cars and motorbikes with better handling and brakes and airbags but the speed limit is only 100kph. if we all stopped speeding where are they going to get there money from same as if everyone stopped drinking and smoking they would need to put taxes up to get that lost revenue.

Just curious if they are starting to "crack down" on the tin tops over there driving while talking/texting on their cell phones? It's finally gaining momentum here in the U.S. and I have to say (as an accident victim of a **!@# on her cell phone who never saw me on my bike until after I went over the hood of her car!!!) that I like the idea of ..."improving the safety of the roadways by leveraging equal amounts of legal harassment on the cagers as the bikers".

[Image: top-logo.png]
(11-01-2012, 09:37am)maestro8872 Wrote: [quote='grumpy' pid='258697' dateline='1326235081']
It all revolves around money. 50 years ago the speed limit on new zealand roads was 55mph now be got better cars and motorbikes with better handling and brakes and airbags but the speed limit is only 100kph. if we all stopped speeding where are they going to get there money from same as if everyone stopped drinking and smoking they would need to put taxes up to get that lost revenue.

Just curious if they are starting to "crack down" on the tin tops over there driving while talking/texting on their cell phones? It's finally gaining momentum here in the U.S. and I have to say (as an accident victim of a **!@# on her cell phone who never saw me on my bike until after I went over the hood of her car!!!) that I like the idea of ..."improving the safety of the roadways by leveraging equal amounts of legal harassment on the cagers as the bikers".

got to agree with this texting while driving which i think is the thing the plod was after otherwise they also saying you can,t talk to your passenger in the car either. As a truck driver being away long hours on the road i was one of those text while driving and you did used to wonder the road abit but with all these touch screens now its almost impossible to text while moving which is a good thing. What pisses me tho is cops driving along talking on their cellphone haven,t the law heard of bluetooth yet.

(11-01-2012, 09:37am)maestro8872 Wrote:
(11-01-2012, 08:38am)grumpy Wrote: It all revolves around money. 50 years ago the speed limit on new zealand roads was 55mph now be got better cars and motorbikes with better handling and brakes and airbags but the speed limit is only 100kph. if we all stopped speeding where are they going to get there money from same as if everyone stopped drinking and smoking they would need to put taxes up to get that lost revenue.

http://imagenes.telematica.net/2009/Vesp...xpress.htm

That should cheer you up. Just click n answerPi_thumbsdown

(10-01-2012, 10:16am)Greeny_SA Wrote: It's OK for You Tim ,You live in the land of the Free , If they are actually

Nobody can make a data base of Global Positioning System locations illegal. That is why the Revenue Collecting 4 x Over The Legal Blood Alcohol Limit Convicted Drunk Driver Living In The Lodge Labor Government brought in Mobile Speed Cameras that work with Pulse Doppler Radar System PoliceBoobies4

however, owning & using a device that detects pulse doppler radar or jams a laser beam constitutes a traffic offence. It does not constitute a criminal offence.
If you can make any sense of this from NSW

Summary for best radar detector for NSW:
Due to the laws banning the use of a radar detector in New South Wales, we cannot recommend the purchase of any "speed evasion article". There are, however, drivers who choose to ignore these laws, and purchase a radar detector anyway. Those doing so, would most likely choose a stealth radar detector, as only stealth radar detectors are 100% invisible to the Stalcar police radar detector detector (see below)
What are the laws governing the use of radar detectors in NSW
4AD Sale, purchase and use of prohibited speed measuring evasion articles:
(1) A person must not sell or offer for sale, or purchase, a prohibited speed measuring evasion article.
Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.
(2) A person must not drive a motor vehicle, or cause a motor vehicle or trailer to stand, on a road or road related area if a prohibited speed measuring evasion article is fitted or applied to, or carried in, the vehicle.
(3) The owner of a motor vehicle or trailer which is driven or stands on a road or road related area in contravention of subsection (2) is guilty of an offence.
(4) It is a defence to a prosecution for an offence under this section if the defendant satisfies the court that the article concerned was not designed as a prohibited speed measuring evasion article but was designed for another purpose.
(5) It is a defence to a prosecution for an offence under subsection (2) or (3) if the defendant satisfies the court that, at the time of the alleged offence:
(a) the vehicle was in the course of a journey to a place appointed by a member of the police force, an officer of the Authority or a court, in order to surrender the article, or
(b) the vehicle was the subject of a notice, issued in accordance with the regulations, requiring the owner of the vehicle to remove the article from the vehicle within a specified time and that time had not expired, or
© the defendant did not know, and in the circumstances could not reasonably be expected to have known, that the article concerned was fitted or applied to, or was being carried in, the vehicle.
Traffic Act 1909 - Sect 4AE
4AE Surrender and forfeiture of prohibited speed measuring evasion articles
(1) A police officer who reasonably believes that:
(a) a prohibited speed measuring evasion article is being sold or offered for sale in contravention of section
4AD (1), or
(b) a motor vehicle or trailer is standing or being driven in contravention of section 4AD (2) because of an article fitted or applied to, or carried in, the vehicle, may require a person in possession of the article to surrender it immediately to the police officer or, in the case of an article fitted or applied to a motor vehicle or trailer and not immediately removable, may by notice in writing served on the owner of the vehicle require the owner to surrender the article within a specified time and in a specified manner to the Commissioner of Police.
(2) An officer of the Authority who is authorised in writing by the Authority for the purposes of this section and who finds a prohibited speed measuring evasion article fitted or applied to, or carried in, a motor vehicle or trailer may, by notice in writing served on the owner of the vehicle, require the owner to do either or both of the following:
(a) remove the article (if it is fitted to the vehicle),
(b) surrender the article within a specified time and in a specified manner to the Commissioner of Police.
(3) A person must comply with a requirement under subsection (1) or (2), whether or not he or she is the owner of the article concerned.
(4) A court which finds an offence under section 4AD or under subsection (3) to have been proven against any person may order that the article concerned, if not already surrendered pursuant to a requirement under this section, be delivered to the Commissioner of Police within a time and in a manner specified by the court.
(5) An article surrendered as required under this section is thereby forfeited to the Crown and may be destroyed or otherwise disposed of at the direction of the Commissioner of Police.
(6) No liability attaches to any person on account of the surrender by the person, in pursuance of a requirement under this section, of a prohibited speed measuring evasion article of which that person is not the absolute owner
Traffic Act, 1909 - Sect 2
Definitions: Prohibited speed measuring evasion article means any device or substance that is designed, or apparently designed, to be fitted or applied to, or to be carried in, a motor vehicle or trailer for the purpose of detecting, interfering with, or reducing the effectiveness of, an approved speed measuring device, and includes a radar detecting device and a radar jamming device. Radar detecting device means a device designed or apparently designed to be fitted to or carried in a motor vehicle or trailer for the purpose of detecting electromagnetic radiations from an approved speed measuring device. Radar jamming device means a device designed or apparently designed to be fitted to or carried in a motor vehicle or trailer for the purpose of interfering with the receiving by an approved speed measuring device of reflected electromagnetic radiations.

(10-01-2012, 10:16am)Greeny_SA Wrote: It's OK for You Tim ,You live in the land of the Free , If they are actually

They are legal in OZ as they aren't a lazer detector or jammer.
They simply work off preprogrammed data like modern GPS units which make alarms to perm cameras etc...
-------------------------------------------------------
My Busa Pics.....
(12-01-2012, 12:26pm)Tyronm Wrote:

They are legal in OZ as they aren't a lazer detector or jammer.
They simply work off preprogrammed data like modern GPS units which make alarms to perm cameras etc...

If your will is imprisoned by Apple you can gain a little piece of freedom by installing an iphone application called 'Trapster', which is basically a community contributed layer over google maps, pinpointing the locations of fixed speed cameras, red light cameras and to a less sure source, even mobile cameras, RBT's and drug buses. A good alternative to google maps, if you happen to use it.

I'm am unsure of the legality of the program, I would lean towards 'definitely illegal', although since it's an iphone app, unlikely to be noticed by a typical officer.

**EDIT** On a side note, Trapster can also be installed on Android, so there's some salvation for intelligent folk too.