Pinging/detonation
Does anyone know why my bike pings under load, it has done 5000 kms, I use BP 98 and it did it before and after having the ecu flashed. Also Im not exactly a light person, some 117+ kilos suited up so would this be the reason that I am a BFB?
nope, i was 164kg's when i bought my busa, im down a fair whack of weight now, but it never pinged
I'd be asking the bloke who flashed the ECU .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Pinging would usually occur if compression was to high and octane fuel rating low or timing.
I had the same problem with a Gen2 I took for a ride and I am only 70kg. Has it been happening for all 5000klms? Have you been using the same servo recently? Maybe switch to Caltex Vortex and see if its any better. Maybe a plug issue not firing properly.
Shayne
Bad fuel maybe ??

That's why it's only be occasionally ?

You would be surprised just a little water getting into the petrol stations underground tanks can do Pi_freak

Just a idea though Read
[Image: HayabusaSmall.jpg]
Burn ya fuel -- restrike !!!
..valve clearances ? .....or maybe you just need a head job.

http://www.schnitzracingstore.com/catalo...id=4996870&showprevnext=1
I've heard of it happening with some Gen II's. Even Petrik's did it. Never had the same issue with mine despite weighing 110 kg and flogging it around the hills aro0und Roleystone.
(31-10-2011, 09:04pm)bRoWnEyE Wrote: Bad fuel maybe ??

That's why it's only be occasionally ?

You would be surprised just a little water getting into the petrol stations underground tanks can do Pi_freak

Just a idea though Read

Water should fix it;)
Simplest fix for detonation on the turbo is water injection

When is it pinging, under hi throttle low rpm or just anytime ?
Probabley not detonation.
As Maj suggested, High Throttle, Low RPM ?

ARC-2 as suggested by Schnitz Racing link.

I always leave this switch ON.

Spark Restrike On/offThis DIP Switch allows the user to select between having the ARC-2 fire only one time at all RPMs, or having it restrike at lower RPMs. This is useful for setting/checking engine timing, and also if there are other electronics that might be confused by multiple sparks.

Nothing, except me, seems to get "confused".
Party-smiley-018
(01-11-2011, 12:45am)Camel Wrote: I've heard of it happening with some Gen II's. Even Petrik's did it. Never had the same issue with mine despite weighing 110 kg and flogging it around the hills aro0und Roleystone.

Nor have I had the problem around the same hills, but with a few more kilos (heavy protective gear of course!).

Government certified carpet muncherDrool
Looks like it was a fuel issue, changed fuel stations still using 98 and its not knocking anymore. Thanks guys.
We're slaves to the oil companies. They do what they want.
(02-11-2011, 05:46pm)jamdonut Wrote: Looks like it was a fuel issue, changed fuel stations still using 98 and its not knocking anymore. Thanks guys.

Hey I was right Pi_thumbsupTrophy

I've had this problem previously & knowing someone who works at a petrol station you would be surprised how common it is Knuppel2
[Image: HayabusaSmall.jpg]
Glad you found your problem. Something else to keep in mind don't fill while the tanker is there. As it is pumping its stirring up all the rubbish on the bottom of the tank. Give it an hour or to settle or move on.
Shayne