How to inflate busa tyres?
Hi,

I went to 3 different servos today to pump up my tyres and none of the nozzles fit my bike.

The rim is too small and cant fit the whole air pump thing on the valve.

Is there a trick to it?

Or do i need to buy some kind of adapter?

Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks
I have 90 deg valve stems fitted. Makes tyre pressure duties a piece of piss
thats a good idea

until then, is there anther way?
Where in WA are you, if not to far from Port Kennedy you can use my compressor.
One Life, Live it!
Cheers Rob,

I'm in Bunbury. 2 hours south of perth

I just found a tyre pressure gauge that attaches to servo pumps so i will pick one up tomorrow :)

Standard valve stem same as all motorbikes & Car's . Find a decent Servo.Don't use screw on right angle valves as they will snap the rubber valve stem at SPEED .Get them fitted when you put new tyres on . Right angle Metal ones that screw into the rim .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Maybe try find a servo that has the automatic digital screen thingy and the fitting is only a small clip.
There not easy but i don't think there is many i have not had fit, are you reaching in from the side or getting your hand and the tire chuck in next to the spokes,
and the valve is closer to one spoke than the other , aim for the bigger gap
rear hub is smaller on the brake side , can't fit on the chain side
I think I used to go through the disk with my std wheels.
(03-11-2011, 10:52pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: Get them fitted when you put new tyres on . Right angle Metal ones that screw into the rim .

+1....one of the best cheap mods you can do to save ya from lots of grief & cursing!! Pi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley
(04-11-2011, 11:17am)bazman Wrote:
(03-11-2011, 10:52pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: Get them fitted when you put new tyres on . Right angle Metal ones that screw into the rim .

+1....one of the best cheap mods you can do to save ya from lots of grief & cursing!! Pi_thumbsup

Coolsmiley

Save's scun knuckle's Too .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
You can buy screw on 90 degree adaptors for a few bucks. You screw it on at the servo, pump up the tyre and then screw it off and do the other tyre, don't forget to take it off after you've filled your tyres. A bit fiddly but it will get you through till you get new tyres fitted and then get them to put new 90 degree valves on.

To be honest the bike tyre shop put the 90 degree valves on for free when I got my tyres done. Probably to make it easier for them to pump up the tyres!
Ive never had a problem with mine Undecided
"If you're going through hell, keep going"
The servo ones will fit on, you just need to be triple jointed to get the nozzle inside the wheel to get a decent seal, but it is a pain in the arse.

But I Bought the 90degree screw on ones off Ebay, so far only put one on, coz I've only changed one tyre since then. Just hope I don't lose the other before the other tyre wears out.

[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .