trojan virus
Guys and Gals, just a warning, I opened up a link to another website from this forum whilst at work and have had my PC fried by a trojan virus so be careful. How it got through my works firewalls I dont know but the computer is f==ked.
Bartman
Yo Bartman, that's not goodFrown, do you remember what you were looking at, at the time?
BUSA there is no Substitute
How do you know it was a Trojan Virus ?
How do you know it was the cause of your computer dying ?

More info please
[Image: HayabusaSmall.jpg]
Yes please more info which link
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Use linux...noobs...
(12-12-2011, 09:31pm)Bartman Wrote: Guys and Gals, just a warning, I opened up a link to another website from this forum whilst at work and have had my PC fried by a trojan virus so be careful. How it got through my works firewalls I dont know but the computer is f==ked.
Bartman
The computer came up with an error message saying it has detected a trojan virus followed by several more telling me the hard drive disks and ram were damaged, I wrang my IT hotline and was told to immediately pull the network plug and switch off the computer and an IT tech would be around to look at it. The thing I was looking at was the thread about indicators in the mirrors for busas, I opened a link someone had replied with and it was another forum for custom busas in the states and had pictures of a black or dark blue busa with mirrors off a cbxx blackbird I think. That what was open on my computer when it died!
Bartman

There are a few links in that thread can you go to the thread and find the post then hit the report button Pi_thumbsup
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
"The computer came up with an error message saying it has detected a trojan virus followed by several more telling me the hard drive disks and ram were damaged," - Bartman

Was your message from a true dedicated Anti-Virus software you have installed ?

[Image: HayabusaSmall.jpg]
That is the first case of damaging the hardware by using software I ever heard off. Confused
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Sounds very much like a trojan my kids computer got recently. It was very clever, so much so the usual tools failed to fix it. It modified my bios, and that was the end... my belief is that it was dormant for a few days before it activated itself so I couldn't say where it came from. it was in that dormant phase it worked in the background loading itself into the bios...

My computer man said it was only possible to reflash the bios and put in a new hard drive. expensive.

TonyAAA
One twist of the wrist at a time...
Ok i have deleted the said link just to be on the safe side but i dont think it was the cause of your problem , Hope you sort it out Pi_thumbsup
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com