Need room to move - 200MPH
Hi All,

Does any one know a place where you can legally test the top speed of your bike.

I keep hearing about Laverton but can’t find any reference to it on the net.

Thanks,

Phil
<i></i>
Used to be the N.T. but thats gone now as well. <i></i>
Thanks for that Gnarbunkle, I heard they remove the NT D restricted zones a while ago, to many Jap tourist necking them selves. I am more looking for a straight bit of tar like at an airport port or race track if thats allowed. One of the places I checked out was Touriden (I thinks that how you spell it) air strip, Vic. A few hours access a week would be fine and Im sure they could do with the exstra income. Ill keep looking and if your interested keep you in the loop via this posting. Might be the begining of the 200 Club.
Cheers,
Phil <i></i>
Looks like you need to join the DLRA Phil.
You will need at least 2.5-3kms long , lots of width, and a little more hp than std.
If you find a suitable venue i know lots of guys hanging out for there speed fix . <i></i>
There goes my reason for a trip up north, if you're ok with a salt lake run, there is an option in SA. I think Maj750T has been there and done that? Lake Gardiner I think?
<i></i>
Found this on the <b>DLRA</b> site http://www.dlra.org.au/history-lsr.htm#TRACKS (thanks for the info Maj750t)

And more info on the same site http://www.dlra.org.au/lgairdner.htm

<b>Lake Gairdner, Australia.</b>
Located about 100 miles North of Adelaide. It requires a drive of over 75 miles on dirt roads to the last cattle station and the last services, then another 25 miles of primitive road to the lakebed. Lake Gairdner is over 100 miles long and 20 miles across with salt over 4 feet thick in places. There is no shortage of flies and the greatest danger on the track is an occasional kangaroo. Racers say the salt is "perfect". You have to bring everything you will ever want during your stay or expect a long drive back to get whatever it was you forget to bring.

<b>Mt. Ive Homestead</b>
Mt. Ive Homestead is located approximately 34 kilometers from the edge of Lake Gairdner and about 2 hours from Port Augusta. The Lake is part of a National Park and access to the lake is restricted by South Australian Government, Department of Environment and Heritage. Mt. Ive provides the only point of public access to the lake. It is also the closest point of accommodation for the many visitors, film crews and competitors to the lake.
Your hosts at Mt. Ive homestead are are Joy and Len Newton, The homestead has various accommodation offerings including the Stone Rooms (made up with sheets, quilts etc) and Shearers Quarters which are located next to the Communal Kitchen, Dining/Recreation room and BBQ area and our camping areas which has powered and un powered sites with gazebo for shade and shelter (firewood available in season). At the homestead, there is a basic kiosk, liquor store and fuel supply. EFTPOS is available.
During Raceweek ONLY, there is a canteen open at the edge of the lake which serves breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a small kiosk with drinking water and bottled water available.
ALL OTHER TIMES OF THE YEAR please bring your own food to Mt Ive or organise to have food supplied ahead of time which can be done by contacting our staff at least a week before arrival.
For booking and further information contact the homestead. Phone 08-8648-1817 or Fax 08-86481811.

Bit out the way but sounds like a great long weekend trip, if your interested keep an eye on the post and Ill see wha else I can find, we may even be able to work in with DLRA,s speed week.

Phil

<i></i>
Only problem is the 1 yr wait till next speedweek
<i></i>
Then it rains the week before Bruce
N2O no laughing matter
f*** nos I've got Velocity
<i></i>
If there is enough interest I will add all interested aussie busa members to my list , several ppl from the DLRA are looking for another venue for a Maxton style event standing mile to 1.3 miles , could be tarmac runway , maybe even a beach
Gary
If it can be organised and it's not on salt then count me and the turbo busa in.
I have wanted to do this for a few years. Sounds like a good idea
Coolsmiley
Regards Richard.....

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

[Image: l_b8cd83806072859a2e37a2a757a8eb9a.jpg]

There has been some mumblings of the Streetfighter Straightlinres Event being organised again. Unfortunately it was cancelled at the last moment due to lack of numbers.

Straightliners

Shayne
Shayne
abusa Wrote:There has been some mumblings of the Streetfighter Straightlinres Event being organised again. Unfortunately it was cancelled at the last moment due to lack of numbers.

That's a shame that it never got going, be a cool thing to do.

who was sanctioning that meet, MA/ANDRA/DLRA/CAM's?
Regards Richard.....

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

[Image: l_b8cd83806072859a2e37a2a757a8eb9a.jpg]

ASF.
ha ha ha this is new The message is too short. Please enter a longer message ....
What you trying to say there Maj, LOL

Nothing official yet just some rumblings

Richard I dont believe the event was sanctined by anyone.
Shayne