Front Stands
Evening all.
Just bought a front triple clamp style stand (SharpRacing) which I bought from a Suzuki dealership who I expected would know the correct product. Now sure Im not the most mechanically minded
chap and I have even youtubed their use so I know im approximately
using the frigging thing in the right way but its incredibly tedious, scrapes and knocks against fairings etc and even when I get the pin
into the triple clamp it only sits about 2 thirds of the way in and then getting it out is is and equally frustrating and tedious/swearing affair.

I was hoping the collected wisdon on the board may have some technique/product knwledge they could pass on .
Cheers in advance
Mgbusa
Just purchased the Kaneg front and rear paddock stands. -
with club discount $131 delivered to my door for the both, with bobbins.

Works a charm.

(also have Kaneg's trailer mount - just roll the front wheel in and the bike is locked there.)

Don't know if they are similar, ????
Sorry, no experience with "a front triple clamp style stand (SharpRacing)"

[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
From what I have seen of the triple clamp style front stands they do not suit the busa front end. The way the nose slopes down makes it difficult to use these without scrapes and scratches.
Had the same issue with my TLR. Tried mine once on the Busa and sold it.
Have not seen any of this style to suit the busa though would be interesting to know if they exist.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
Mate, it looks like you need to take it back to that Suzuki dealer and ask your money back for selling you a lemon. On the other hand the Kaneg stands Wardy mentioned here do work well with busa, and knowing the Suzuki dealer's prices, probably also cheaper Pi_thumbsup
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Same as vnsvle, I was lead to believe that there was no head lift stand on the market that would fit a Busa.
Fairing off would prob. work okay but I've still never seen or heard of anyone that actualy regularly uses one.

I'd take it back and get a refund/and get them to physicaly show you on a Busa how they expect it to fit.
(20-12-2011, 10:07pm)BikerBoy Wrote: Same as vnsvle, I was lead to believe that there was no head lift stand on the market that would fit a Busa.
Fairing off would prob. work okay but I've still never seen or heard of anyone that actualy regularly uses one.

I'd take it back and get a refund/and get them to physicaly show you on a Busa how they expect it to fit.

Wardy got one from Kaneg. Just asked him if it is the headlifter one as I am looking for one myself. Other than that, another project on the "to do" list. Biker
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Thanks for the quick response, guys.
Back it goes, it annoys me because they should know that stuff thats why I go there.
Cheers
Mgbusa
Im with SHIFU, my Kaneg Triple Clamp Lifter works a treat, I can attach and remove it with my Eyes closed and not touch any bodywork whatsoever.
The Kaneg product is the go!

(I dont really have my eyes closed when im using my stand) ;-)
Isn't it Ironic that my Favourite Stretch of Tarmac is called C.O.P. Eek
Isn't it Ironic that my Favourite Stretch of Tarmac is called C.O.P. Eek
Yes I do Carbon, Rear Stand always first!

I may well be wrong, but when I bought mine from Kaneg Im pretty sure it was to suit GENII Busa!?
I ended up emailing back and forth with the main guy from Sharp racing, who i have to say was
incredibly forthright about the fact that to use it would take a bit of patience and pfaffing about.
As it happens the 2x4 solution is what sorted it. Im using the stand as a long term thing while Im OS
rather than actually at a track or anything so with the front wheel elevated a bit it slots in like a
bought one. Not a Kaneg bought one perhaps but good enough for my purpose.
Anyway cheers to all for the input, should have put the question up here first, next time.
Mgbusa