Tyres
Yes, a frequently re-visited topic.

Selection has just become harder - there are now two new official options for the Busa.

Michelin are releasing a Busa tyre (HXO, or something like that, is what someone quoted me...)

But I put on my new tyre this morning, a Pirelli EVO 190/50ZR. Initial feeling - hey, I haven't even scrubbed yet. Update soon.... <i></i>
G'day,
These Pirelli tyres are the ones that were used for the long distance speed records set by a Hayabusa last year. A very good tyre as far as all the hype I have read.

I Hope you put a new front on as well because you should always run matched tyres. The profile will be different to a BT56 or 207. This will cause handling problems. Be careful................

O'h yeah I think the new Mitchie is XHP (extra horse power) designed for the Bus and ZX12R.

Catch ya. <i></i>
Richard, the name is actually Jim

120/70 ZR 17 Pilot Sport HPX front @ 2.5 bars pressure
190/50 ZR 17 Pilot Sport HPX rear @ 2.9 bars pressure
Two Wheel Dept, Michelin Tyre PLC
<i></i>
Sorry, Jim, I didn't want to dump on you - I got the code sooo wrong, I didn't want it to appear like you got it wrong.

Thanks for the codes <i></i>
No drama Richard. I didn't know if you knew James was Jim. I have spoken to two shops re: the new Michelins and both have come up with good wraps. Who knows? Maybe there's a larger mark up on Michelins. Ha! Never had a michelin myself. Anyone run the pilot series on predecessors prior to owning their beast? <i></i>
Just for info ----

Finally fitted a new front tyre on Saturday. The original BT lasted for 15,640k's. Almost ready for my fourth rear though 2 x 56's and now on my first 207

bmac <i></i>
The Pirelli is standing up really well. I am impressed. But there is one problem - after having such a good run up and down the spur, I was hoping to see some evidence of tearing up the road - the tyre has stood up too well! Aaaarrrgghh!

Can someone tell me which tyre balls up and wears out with the least effort? <i></i>