Wiley X
Cause I ride a lot of times with my visor up on my helmut due to the heat in north Queensland, am looking at better sunglasses, has anyone tried the Wiley X brand? They sound ok just looking for some feedback. Thanks Chris
Buy $10 smoked safety glasses, they are unbreakable and are mandated by law to be optically correct, sunglasses are not. If they get hit by a rock chuck em and get a new pair.

Keep the flash sunnies for the cafe.
(22-01-2012, 09:38pm)06BUSA Wrote: Cause I ride a lot of times with my visor up on my helmut due to the heat in north Queensland, am looking at better sunglasses, has anyone tried the Wiley X brand? They sound ok just looking for some feedback. Thanks Chris

I think they are a Harley cool dude kind if thing mate . wank factor only .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
I was introduced to Wiley X's by my coordinator the first day I landed in the Iraq for work,the best shatter proof glasses IMO,fully recommend them and just to clear it up we had"no coffee shops"and sure as shit no Harley's either in down town Baghdad.....although there was a few Caterpillars and John Deere tractors that looked like hogs Coolsmiley
Expensive sunglasses can own you, but you can own cheap sunglasses.
Chris, when i was up there I found the safety glasses to be really good.
Chuck em away and buy a new pair, or i`m sure you can get some from the mines at the right priceVery Happy
Problem is fitting them under your helmet.

I wear prescription sunnies under my helmet.

It is sure sticky here at the mo...so I open my visor a lot as well. Went for a blast up the Gilles yesterday - much cooler up in the tablelands.

Rode through a couple of showers...lovely! You are dry in about 10 mins.

Thanks guys, mates got a set of Wileys but he has a fat head (his words) lol. Tried them on but didnt fit well at all on me, was hoping there were different sizes. Went to a safety shop today, thanks Beally, and found some Bolle sunnys with the sponge around the lenses that look like Wileys for only $28!! Fit really good too! Will give them a try around Tasmania next holiday. Found with normal sunnys and visor up the wind was getting under glasses and ended up with very red eyes! People must have thought I was as high as a kite! Thanks for your input. Hope I don't look like a wank too much Greeny lol. Sorry mate but I like my eyes the way they are :) Coolsmiley
(23-01-2012, 05:14am)1300hayabusa Wrote: I was introduced to Wiley X's by my coordinator the first day I landed in the Iraq for work,the best shatter proof glasses IMO,fully recommend them and just to clear it up we had"no coffee shops"and sure as shit no Harley's either in down town Baghdad.....although there was a few Caterpillars and John Deere tractors that looked like hogs Coolsmiley

Lol2
It's a week by week charade.
(22-01-2012, 09:48pm)BLACKZOOK Wrote: Buy $10 smoked safety glasses, they are unbreakable and are mandated by law to be optically correct, sunglasses are not. If they get hit by a rock chuck em and get a new pair.

i'd give that Pi_thumbsupPi_thumbsup good advice might even do that my self now reading this post
(24-01-2012, 01:26pm)big kev Wrote:
(22-01-2012, 09:48pm)BLACKZOOK Wrote: Buy $10 smoked safety glasses, they are unbreakable and are mandated by law to be optically correct, sunglasses are not. If they get hit by a rock chuck em and get a new pair.

i'd give that Pi_thumbsupPi_thumbsup good advice might even do that my self now reading this post

+2 Pi_thumbsup

After destroying the arms on good(read-expensive) sunnies by dragging them on and off my face under the helmet, I now use safety glasses too.
Good fit around the eyes and fit well under the helmet, and when you step back on them, after they fall off the tank and get scratched, you don't worry & just get out another pair from the nearest hardware store. - Got about 4 pair on the go atm. The "good one's" live in their case and come out if I'm stopping for a while. The safety's live in the helmet.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
(23-01-2012, 03:33pm)06BUSA Wrote: Will give them a try around Tasmania next holiday.

Hey Chris,
When are you in Tassie mate ??
(23-01-2012, 01:22pm)Troppo Wrote: Problem is fitting them under your helmet.

I wear prescription sunnies under my helmet.

It is sure sticky here at the mo...so I open my visor a lot as well. Went for a blast up the Gilles yesterday - much cooler up in the tablelands.

Rode through a couple of showers...lovely! You are dry in about 10 mins.

You road up the Gilles!!! that must be one ride..... do you get out of first gear lol?
Rosebusa