lanyard/kill switch for drag racing
Hi all,
As my time back home is few and far between with long rosters away at work, I'm looking into making the most of my time there and will be getting into drag racing again. Although I've only been down a couple of times, I snuk in a cheeky 9 second pass without the officials kicking me out. However, with most of the ANDRA licence and log book application ready to send off, I have to fit a lanyard/kill switch to the bike before I take the bike down for racing.

What is the best way of installing one? Is there a kit to purchase which has everything there to DIY?

I fly home in just under 4 weeks and will be sending off the application hoping to get it by the time I get there. I will be looking at installing this as soon as I get home so I can get down the strip again.

Cheers.
Hay bud,

I've just bought a lanyard/ switch,
It replaces the front bracket of your master
Cyl!
And you just wire it up through the kill switch on the right side!
Planning g on fitting mine in the next few weeks more then happy to give u a hand!
Where about are you ?
(04-03-2012, 09:15pm)Axe Wrote: Hay bud,

I've just bought a lanyard/ switch

Where did you get it from? How much? I'm in Perth but shouldn't be that hard to do once I get the item or idea as to what needs to be done.

Realistically all that needs to be done is have a link wired in series to the standard switch and have it so that the link can detach from the circuit if I come off. It's just that to get one that is protected from all types of weather when I'm not racing is the key.
google "rated r motorcycle parts " it will take u to his ebay page then search lanyard, he has em in stock for a busa & is in WA
I'm about to get a set of straps through him as well everything will be ready for next time I'm home. I will enquire and buy it all at once.

Cheers twistgrip
Once you have your lanyard fitted you will need to get the bike tech inspected by an andra official or you will be sent home the moment you go back into the 9's. When you send your application off for a UDL (Unlimited Drag License) they will also send you a log book for your vehicle/bike.

Hope this helps make the most of your time off when your back.

Allow at least a week if your posting your application to ANDRA head office and use an express envelope there and back to ensure you have no delays.
We have kill switches in stock in case anyone needs one.

http://www.pashnit.com/product/pmr/kill_switches.html