Does a Gen 2 front end fit on a Gen 1?
I was wondering if a Gen 2 front end fits on a Gen 1? Talking about the whole lot, forks, wheel, brakes, triple tree and bars.

Looks like it could be a relatively cheap way to fit better brakes and update the suspension.

Ive been told yes and no!

I think it would!
But then I've have some folks tell me gen 1's never run right with the gen 2 front!
Hmm I don't know man, ild like to try it one day!
You can get cheeps sets on ebay
(09-03-2012, 10:08pm)aussiemonster Wrote: I was wondering if a Gen 2 front end fits on a Gen 1? Talking about the whole lot, forks, wheel, brakes, triple tree and bars.

Looks like it could be a relatively cheap way to fit better brakes and update the suspension.

Yep would think so with wheel, brakes & dics also Pi_thumbsup
The suspension would still be the same I would think but a bit fresher on a later one

But the cost would be high unless you got a hot deal
With the price on 2nd hand Gen 2s now might be better to upgrade to one & pick up more HP at the same time
i have done this swap on an 05 model it all fits
hay Angry06,

So the gen 2 front end fitted with no problems? and the bike ride fine?

Can you post up some pic's?
Not 100% sure but i think frame is the same for gen 1 and gen 2
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Done this to a couple of gen1's, you will also need the front guard.

Axe why do you keep refering to wether or not the bike handles properly or not ???
I dont understand why it would change when the forks are the same lenght (+/-5mm) and triple clamps are the same diamentionly??

Leonard.
Legend, check your email...
I know the front end should by all accounts work fine but a few folks I spoke to from the states have told me there a issues!

I just wanted to confirm!

Logically it should all be fine!

the difference between the to is the fork tube size and width of frount wheel that is why you have to do a complete swap. i have not had any issues so far.
(11-03-2012, 05:22am)angry06 Wrote: the difference between the to is the fork tube size and width of frount wheel that is why you have to do a complete swap. i have not had any issues so far.

Fork tubes are the same. You could use the same clamps.
....and B-King forks interchange with Gen2 forks.

Only difference is in the colour/finish and the B-King
is slightly softer sprung as stock.

You can still mix and match Gen2 and Busa front end parts.
So if the Gen 2 fork tubes would fit in the Gen 1 yokes, to keep the Gen 1 wheel would it require spacers to be machined up? Has anyone tried doing it, or would it be easier to swap the whole front end?
(12-03-2012, 08:27pm)aussiemonster Wrote: So if the Gen 2 fork tubes would fit in the Gen 1 yokes, to keep the Gen 1 wheel would it require spacers to be machined up? Has anyone tried doing it, or would it be easier to swap the whole front end?
Yep machined up to make the brakes fit good luck with any insurance claim Pi_freak But he said he has the lot anyway, Read
I haven't got them yet.

Planning the next mods! Drool Need to work out what works, so I know how much I need to save up.