need you fellows oppinions
i recently purchased a 2000 busa and the owner told me he had done a shit load of work to it and its way off standard. recently the bike got dyno tuned at the bike doctor in perth and it pulled 167hp, reading through some posts thats pretty standard.. any way heres the list of work done.. pls tell me wat you think Very Happy

Ballistic clutch h/d
clutch basket welded
emission valves removed, head plated
inlet cam change
adjustable cam sprokets
new cam chain
manual cam chain adjuster
thin head gasket (high comp)
head cleaned up (high port and polis)
k&n airfilter
front and rear sprockets changed
drive chain changed
12.3:1 high comp pistons
power commander usb3
engine delay shifter (not connected)
yoshimura stage 3 full system
engine fully rebuilt at 80000km currently at 87000

bike doctor sais its a very strong bike.. pls tell me how ur bikes run on the dyno compared with mine.. thanks
My '99 pulled 166hp - gained 9hp - with the addition of a 4 into 1. Previously stock with 8000kms. General concensus said 157hp ATW std for a '99. Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
Man, For the effort and money spent, the return is rather ordinary. There are obvious differences between the Gen1 & Gen 2 engines of course, but if you compare it with this:
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...?tid=17744
it is a lot more horses than just an extra 40cc would justify. I am no expert but believe that simple good tuning by the guy that knows his stuff would produce the same results you got without these "modifications".

But that is only what I think Biker
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
The numbers realy do not mean much unless your comparing a before and after on the same dyno
If the bike doctor says its strong at that number , chances are his dyno reads low
Doing better than the gen 1 at a dyno day over your way last week that got 147 hp,
again that number does not give any real indication untill compared to other bikes on that dyno or the same bike on another dyno
:quote Posted by Shifu - Today 08:51pm
Man, For the effort and money spent, the return is rather ordinary. There are obvious differences between the Gen1 & Gen 2 engines of course, but if you compare it with this:
http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...?tid=17744
it is a lot more horses than just an extra 40cc would justify. I am no expert but believe that simple good tuning by the guy that knows his stuff would produce the same results you got without these "modifications".

But that is only what I think
/quote

I agree with Shifu, not really a lot of "bang for buck" considering what it would have cost.
My '01 only has very slight "mods".... if you would call them mods? (Air box flapper/servo removed, welded back torque limiter, a BMC air filter - not really a mod and stock headers with Yoshi RS3 bolt-on cans).
For what I see, yours has 6hp more than mine...
Hmmm... Does that mean I could potentially gain another 9hp with full Yoshi system?

http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...?tid=13992

Are you going on hearsay from the previous owner or did he supply all the paper work/receipts etc..?
[Image: hayabusa-5.jpg] [Image: HayabusaLogo-Grey.gif]
to busabazz in ur link it said SBP built a new motor which produced 186rwhp wat is meant by built..??

im thinking that the motor possibly neads the fuel system to be upgraded in order for it to put out more power considering it is standard and tthe motor has been strengthened so to speak.. howerever i do agree that results are ordinary, then again the bike doctor was very impressed and said it was one of the strongest bike he has had on that particular dyno..

thanks for ur thoughts guys..
any one know of a good dyno in perth???
Give Tokyo Motorsport a call