Maroon Dam ride (Beaudesert/Rathdowny/Maroon Dam/Boonah/Beau-y)
Hi all,

Gonna head out for a ride tomorrow from home (jimboomba) out to maroon dam and have noticed I can pretty well do a lap around.... After road conditions etc or opinions of the ride from any one who has done it?

It's only a couple hundred is k's so not a biggy, just thought I'd throw it out there.
The new road from Boonah to Beaudesert is boring
(the old one was great) its only saving grace is the
few K's of brand new twisty service road into the new
dam at the Beaudesert end. Worth a quick go.

[Image: newdam.jpg]
(23-03-2012, 08:32pm)RyanG Wrote: Hi all,

Gonna head out for a ride tomorrow from home (jimboomba) out to maroon dam and have noticed I can pretty well do a lap around.... After road conditions etc or opinions of the ride from any one who has done it?

It's only a couple hundred is k's so not a biggy, just thought I'd throw it out there.

POT HOLES,as you know in QLD they are like flowers when it rains so keep your eyes peeled!!
Just got back. I would highly recommend this trip, nice distance, fantastic scenery and roads overall are in great condition. Quite enjoyed it.

Went down the service road to wyaralong dam and was defiantly worth turning off to give it a go
(24-03-2012, 03:49pm)RyanG Wrote: Just got back. I would highly recommend this trip, nice distance, fantastic scenery and roads overall are in great condition. Quite enjoyed it.

Went down the service road to wyaralong dam and was defiantly worth turning off to give it a go

Could not do it today but l will do it tomorrow now that I know the roads are clear. Thanks Ryan.
[Image: aaaaabusatattoo.jpg]
(24-03-2012, 05:30pm)Busarider Wrote:
(24-03-2012, 03:49pm)RyanG Wrote: Just got back. I would highly recommend this trip, nice distance, fantastic scenery and roads overall are in great condition. Quite enjoyed it.

Could not do it today but l will do it tomorrow now that I know the roads are clear. Thanks Ryan.

Did it today been a while since I have been through that loop totally enjoyed it even stopped at Aratula pie shop for a feed.
[Image: aaaaabusatattoo.jpg]
First time I have been through there was yesterday, I usually hit up the mountains near my place and I really enjoyed the ride. I'll be doing more riding out there more often.

Glad to hear you had a good ride mate