Bike bends and brewry tour
Too late now just done it ... But if anyone wants to do similar we had a ball
just on 2000kms from Sat to fri
Started out with a quick warm up on the omeo loop and home , then Buffalo Brewery at Booraman , couple of nice beers there ( oh and we stuck with 7 oz glasses and no more than 2 if we were continuing on)

then on to Beechworth to check out the history of its gold and its role in Neds saga then on to the Bridge road Brewery, which was closed Embarassed too late in the day, But the pub which we stayed at ,had several on tap so gave them a real test Drool, IPA realy got my attention,

Next day was on to Mt Beauty via happy valley but again the brewery (Clearwater) was closed ,too early this time. so over Tawonga gap to Bright for the Bright Brewery, Good range there, tried the shot size glasses so we could sample all 6 , all great beers , and probably one of the first times i have liked a black beer , nice meal too .

Then back to the snow road, Whitfield, Mansfield and to Jamison for the Jamison Brewery, another one too late they closed at 6, and the local pub we stayed in did not have any of the beer Pi_freak

Next day began in great style with the Jamison to Eildon rd, 61 kms of heaven , checked out a few sights in Eildon, sheltered from a storm then onto Healsville and the White Rabbit Brewery, Very tourist oriented brewery, all out on show and a nice drop or 2 , stayed at a local pub and sampled a few different beers on tap, can't remember all the range, but Stone and Woods from Byron bay and quite a few others filled in the evening

Next day took the boys on a few of the outer melb areas roads, toolangi, down a tight little road toward Hurstbridge and back along the xmas hills section to Coldstream for the coldstream brewery, quick couple there , lunch at Launching Place , then up Donna Buang and on to the Reefton spur and on to Taggerty for the nite, no pub there but the Buxton hotel ran a bus out for us (accomodation is very short in the area due to a large budget film being made in Alexandra)

Fri saw a wet start so we took the highway down to Glenroan and onto Booths in Taminik where the Black dog brewery has just opened up as a sideline to the wine , sample pack there as there was 4 nice beers to sample then home mid arvo (going back to that one to buy a box or 2 Coolsmiley)

Took a bretho with us, no one tested over .01 anytime we planned on riding ,no one crashed , tasted some realy nice beers and had a Brilliant ride, and got me over the cancelled speedweek blues Very Happy
Try to get some pics up as i get them from the mates
Nice write-up, Maj Pi_thumbsup........sounds like you like your brewski's nearly as much as your bikes!?! Beer Very Happy Beer

Coolsmiley
Sounds like a great time out look forward to the pics Pi_thumbsup
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Got to dry out now Baz, too easy to get into bad habits ;)
Sounds like a tour booklet in order, or at least a magazine article. Read

I did the Beechworth and Bright Brewerys one day with Vitto. Beer: Mt beauty's "Sweet Water" is new to cellar door, but you have been able to buy it from the info centre and bakery for a while, so have sampled those. Never got to Buffalo - don't know why, it's fairly close but just never got there. Did go to Bintara Brewery at Rutherglen which has closed down now.
Will have to go looksee/tastesee those others you mentioned. Drool

Also have tried a couple at some micro brewery's in pubs at Ballarat.
But yet to try the white rabbit brewery at Healsville.

Called into the "Beer shed" once at Echuca. Not sure what is there because it was shut that day Pi_thumbsdown.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Ward lots of the brewery info booklets we had mentioned Bintara, but apparently it was sold to a NZ i think company 18 mths ago who took everything home :(, but we stopped in there anyway as there is a nice restaurant

Found a pdf online that lists 120 micro brewerys in Vic, so may have to do this again in another direction, maybe Echuca,Bendigo,Ballarat, pity its so flat out there, the bends were more important than the beer