Cargol Turn & Go puncture kit
Here's my review - dont bother with this kit
http://www.gryyp.com/cargol/ing.html

I had a screw go through the rear tyre and used this puncture kit.
The hole the screw left was no big deal, only about a 4mm diameter screw, but the plastic plug in the Cargol kit did jack shit. The first attempt, the air was coming out no less than just having the open hole and when I put a bit of pressure on the plastic screw to see if it would seal better it pushed straight through into the tyre. Wtf

Attempt number 2 was a little better....or so I thought. I used the c02 (3 of them) to inflate the tyre and it seemed okay. I only live a few hundred meters from a servo so jumped on the bike to get more air in the tyre. By the time I got to the servo I was back down to 4psi. Again the Cargol kit did absolutely nothing to seal the hole.

From my experience with it, I really can't recommend this kit at all. If you were stuck and it was the only thing you had on you, I'd suggest sucking on the c02 bottles for a quick high instead, because you'd be wasting them on the tyre thinking that the Cargol kit will get you moving again.

Pi_thumbsdown
I have this kit and don't like it either Paul. Sounds like you had a big hole though. I've had to use mine on a trip last year. 22 bikes, first stop, and you guessed it, the new hero on the flash Busa gets a flat! Nice. I'm the first to wear the stuff up fluro vest. Even better...

I put the turn and go in and it lasted a while. But by the next stop it was loosing pressure...and I still had 3.5 days of hard riding and half the tread still on. Anyway one of the guys had the kit with those sticky strips-boy what a difference! Only on the last day with a bald tyre did I have to keep the pressure up to it-but only at fuel stops. I just couldn't go hard with the rear moving around underneath me that last day. It would be good for about half hour or so after a pump up but never the less it got me home. I'm still yet to grab myself one but would recommend this wet kit over the turn and go any day of the week.

And another good tip-no matter what kit you have, buy extra co2 bottles cause they don't go far and if you get caught twice in one trip with no one to lend another...your pushin or callin for help cause there's bearly enough to do the job once.
What timing. Just this morning I was looking for a repair kit. Not needed now but nice to have just in case. Most kits seem to come with 5 co2 cans, is that enough for 5 full inflations? Is there a "best" kit on the market?
"and when I gun the engine I want people to think that the world is coming to an end"
Scary
Hey guys,
I was about to buy a kit too. I was told the X-Tech kit was a really good one. Has 5 CO2 bulbs, the goo tube with 5 "rope" repair strips. The kind you remove the nail/screw etc then screw the hole out, goo it, then use the threader bar with the rope through the eye, push it right through, pull it out again and slice the excess of with the razor blade. Fill your tyre and off you go.
Was priced @ $40.
Thoughts, advice, should i still look at this one or is there something better?
I ride solo lots so don't want the hassle of being stuck in bum f**k nowhere on my own with a kit that doesn't work. I live in the country too, so assistance isn't easy for a truck or ute really.
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
G'day
My experience has been that the gooey worms work best - and you can put them in side by side to plug a larger hole. But a bulb of CO2 is only worth about 7psi so you need a few; and a few more as spares for lending or topping up again...alternatively buy a cheap 12v compressor from Kmart or somewhere similar and strip all the BS plastic off and replace the cigarette plug with a couple of small alligator clamps to reduce it to a size that fits in your tankbag.
Regards
Kevin
(19-04-2012, 11:27am)kev11e Wrote: G'day
My experience has been that the gooey worms work best - and you can put them in side by side to plug a larger hole. But a bulb of CO2 is only worth about 7psi so you need a few; and a few more as spares for lending or topping up again...alternatively buy a cheap 12v compressor from Kmart or somewhere similar and strip all the BS plastic off and replace the cigarette plug with a couple of small alligator clamps to reduce it to a size that fits in your tankbag.
Regards
Kevin

That is a fantastic idea. Those mini compressors are cheap as hell and, yes they do have a bunch of BS plastic on them.
I'm going off to buy one.
"and when I gun the engine I want people to think that the world is coming to an end"
Scary
(19-04-2012, 10:58am)TheAlchemist Wrote: Hey guys,
I was about to buy a kit too. I was told the X-Tech kit was a really good one. Has 5 CO2 bulbs, the goo tube with 5 "rope" repair strips. The kind you remove the nail/screw etc then screw the hole out, goo it, then use the threader bar with the rope through the eye, push it right through, pull it out again and slice the excess of with the razor blade. Fill your tyre and off you go.
Was priced @ $40.
I ride solo lots so don't want the hassle of being stuck in bum f**k nowhere on my own with a kit that doesn't work. I live in the country too, so assistance isn't easy for a truck or ute really.

Thats the kit we use here. It sells like hotcakes. Never had a failure with them.

Mick
Mick's Bike & Car Tyres Dyno Centre
Shed 1/6 Johnstone Rd Brendale
P: 3881 0033
F: 3881 2211
E: mick@mbct.com.au
W: www.mbct.com.au/
(19-04-2012, 12:55pm)Wolf Wrote:
Was priced @ $40.

Thats the kit we use here. It sells like hotcakes. Never had a failure with them.

Mick

Cheers Mick - Oh and if you hadn't picked up on it, it's Doug Campbell. Have to catch up soon mate. Plus i'll need some new tread on the Monster when it goes back on the road.
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
(19-04-2012, 09:44am)BEAU Wrote: I have this kit and don't like it either Paul. Sounds like you had a big hole though. I've had to use mine on a trip last year. 22 bikes, first stop, and you guessed it, the new hero on the flash Busa gets a flat! Nice. I'm the first to wear the stuff up fluro vest. Even better...

I put the turn and go in and it lasted a while. But by the next stop it was loosing pressure...and I still had 3.5 days of hard riding and half the tread still on. Anyway one of the guys had the kit with those sticky strips-boy what a difference! Only on the last day with a bald tyre did I have to keep the pressure up to it-but only at fuel stops. I just couldn't go hard with the rear moving around underneath me that last day. It would be good for about half hour or so after a pump up but never the less it got me home. I'm still yet to grab myself one but would recommend this wet kit over the turn and go any day of the week.

And another good tip-no matter what kit you have, buy extra co2 bottles cause they don't go far and if you get caught twice in one trip with no one to lend another...your pushin or callin for help cause there's bearly enough to do the job once.

Just went and bought a kit with the goo and strips - it's just called "thumbs up" puncture repair kit $50 from Peter Stevens. This kit should work no probs and comes with more than enough for multiple repairs. I did get some extra c02 bottles too. You're right that they don't go far. Also grabbed a can of Motul Tyre Repair which is the liquid shit that you squirt into the tyre as a backup.
Well my new puncture kit, just called "thumbs up" definitely gets a Pi_thumbsup

What the Cargol kit failed to do, this one did in under a minute. No leaks. It comes with all the goo, rubber strips, tools, patches, 3x co2 and a special valve for using the co2 which made it piss easy. Really happy with this new kit. $50 at Peter Stevens. Wish I had it yesterday!!!

edit: As Kev11e mentioned earlier which I can also now confirm, 1x co2 bottle is worth about 7psi.
(19-04-2012, 12:55pm)Wolf Wrote:
Was priced @ $40.

Mick

AgreedPi_thumbsup I bought around 6 kits from Mick and cant find a fault in them.

Need extra bottles $60 for 30 Delivered

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/200698561616?...1423.l2649
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
I looked at the Cargol Turn & Go puncture kit when i was getting the new front tyre , glad i didn't buy it.

I bought one of the rope type of puncture kits from Supercheap ($25 from memory) for my Ute , i had to use it in 2005 and did a trip to Darwin and back to Perth . didn't have a problem with the repair and it still holds pressure now.
Hey gang, been using the Stop n Go kits for nearly 10 years now running the tours. Works in minutes everytime. Inflate with the Cycle Pump on off we go. Easy.
http://www.pashnit.com/product/stopngo.html

We pulled this out of one of the fellas tires on our last tour to Death Valley just days ago.

[Image: 7037907341_c6062dc19d_c.jpg]

[Image: 6891812360_e7e2670df2_o.jpg]

[Image: 6891818968_cc28bd6377_c.jpg]

[Image: 7037914127_37b901f84c_c.jpg]

[quote='pashnit' pid='263784' dateline='1334980326']
Hey gang, been using the Stop n Go kits for nearly 10 years now running the tours. Works in minutes everytime. Inflate with the Cycle Pump on off we go. Easy.
http://www.pashnit.com/product/stopngo.html

We pulled this out of one of the fellas tires on our last tour to Death Valley just days ago.

[/img]

/quote]
Yes Tim having unlimited air on board is real peace of mind and helps on group rides which you are bound to a flat's on and that stop & go kit is awesome big improvment on co2 and strips.

" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "