SHARK - Vision R Helmet
I got a new Shark - (VISION-R) helmet in the BRIT colour scheme last Saturday. Today was a lovely 25deg and 5kt breeze so I went for a 4 hr spin to test it out.
I've gotta say, It is the most comfortable and quiet helmet I have owned in over 40 years. The finish is outstanding with lovely neck hugging trim complete with reflective patches under the rear of your head. The front chin piece has an adjustable deflector that you can pull in against your neck or have tucked away leaving the chin completely open.
The outstanding feature of this helmet though, is the internal sun visor that you can flip up and down as you need as you ride. It is a jet pilot style visor that comes down inside the external clear visor. The operation is a simple flick with your left thumb on a small lever just behind the visor fixing position.
I chose to go for a ride up the Pacific Hwy to Forster/Tuncurry. I went into Forster via the Lakes Way and the stretch of forest was quite dark and simply flicking the sunvisor back up cleared the vision immediately but coming back out into broad sunlight was equally as good with the visor back in position in an instant.
The seal around the external visor is absolutely silent and if you want to get a breath of fresh air, 1 click up on the 4 or 5 position settings lets in a gr8 breeze and quite a lot of noise that you don't hear otherwise. Having the sun visor in the down position also prevents any wind getting in your eyes that you sometimes get whilst riding with an open visor.
Yet another feature of this helmet is the removable ear piece covers on the inside that allow you to fit internal speakers if you wish. The helmet says it is Bluetooth ready on the instructions. The cheek linings are also removable for cleaning.
All in all, I am mighty impressed with this helmet and have no qualms about writing this glowing report even after just a few days of ownership.
If any faults happen to pop up with it, I will come back and let you know.
P.S recommended retail is $450.00 for this model.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO
They are a great helmet Busgo....my last couple have been Shark and I recently got one with the flip down sunvisor....certainly beats getting sore on top of the ears when wearing sunnies under the helmet. I've had AGV & Shark and I'll keep giving Shark my $$$$ until something better comes along (once this helmet has run its' course)
Love the vision R!

I bought it because the visor is "taller" than regular helmets, hence when you're tucked in (head down) you can still look ahead

[Image: 050312jpm_1072.jpg]
In that pic Pan, the carbon fibre looks almost "reptilian".
Hey hey - I got this helmet after reading your review!

I am very, very impressed! Plus or riding to work it means I no longer need two visors!

Its super quite and very warm with the chin piece / cover on - doesn't fog up - part from the internal screen - I noticed it needs good air flow.

Also I tried to find a darker tint for the internal - couldn't find one and ended up with a chrome visor - with the internal one down its nice and dark
for when its super bright! but... the chrome one doesn't seal as well as the stock one. But I still like it.
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
Okay I found this older thread so I am not going to start a new one lol...

Went wandering into local bike shop today thinking about replacing my can. Was never really happy with the Nolan N104 due to chin being pushed in at speeds over $1.20

Went straight for the Shoie helmets but none of them felt good
Tried every helmet they had on the shelf in my size and in the end the only can that felt any good was the Sharks

SO... Anyone got any experience with the Shark S900c or the Vision-r s2 other than what has been said already lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
If the Shark line fits well Batty go with it!!.on my second one now and loving it, it does high speed bloody well and at your pace is brilliant even if you add tunes to the mix still a good thing..Next one will be a Shark again
Thx busarat.. Seeing if it will be my Tathra can but doubt it lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Bought a Shark Speed-R 10 months back, very happy. Always been an Arai fan, owned 1 x Shoei XR1000, will never evr buy another Shoei.
Pros:The Shark is the best helmet I have had in foggy conditions.
It has lower wind drag than the fat faced Shoei, thus less tiring.
It has drop down internal sun visor

Cons: Noisiest helmet I have owned with the visor open.
Very poor top front ventilation in Qld summers.
[Image: fc9450cb-86fb-4774-a1ac-5a6bb7a02823.jpg]
You either have a Arai head or a Shoei head. I have a Shoei head and have always found Shoei more comfortable on my head. It's all personal choice and you really need to go and try different brands to find what fits your head best.
(31-07-2014, 07:22pm)mozzie26 Wrote: You either have a Arai head or a Shoei head. I have a Shoei head and have always found Shoei more comfortable on my head. It's all personal choice and you really need to go and try different brands to find what fits your head best.

I have a Tasmanian head... so neither Shoei or Arai helemts fitted properly Lol2
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

...and your gloves have 6 fingers too, don't they?
only on the left hand.. the right has 4
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

(31-07-2014, 07:22pm)mozzie26 Wrote: You either have a Arai head or a Shoei head. I have a Shoei head and have always found Shoei more comfortable on my head. It's all personal choice and you really need to go and try different brands to find what fits your head best.

mozzie, I know what your saying, but my main concern with the Shoei was the constant fogging up @ the slightest hint of humidity, it was lethal. Pi_thumbsdown
Interior died much quicker than Arai's also, only lasted 3-4 years.
My Arai's where still like new after 5 yrs getting tatty @ 7 years.
Arai make @ least 2 if not 3 different internal shapes for various head types, unsure with Shoei.
Shoei do have exquisite graphics however.Pi_thumbsup
Back to Shark Helmets
[Image: fc9450cb-86fb-4774-a1ac-5a6bb7a02823.jpg]
I found with both the Shoei and Arial my problem was not head shape but lack if forward room to create a sufficient gap between my chin and helmet. I have noticed with having this same problem with the Nolan that at $1.20+ speeds the helmet is actually pushing on my jaw making me clench my teeth causing headaches......
The shark has at least double the gap
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1