clutch bleed help gen 1
Hey guys,
If anyone lives in or around penrith, could i please get some help. I've been trying to bleed my clutch for most of the day after replacing my slave cylinder but unfortunately i have the mechanical IQ of a house plant. Anyone??? Please.......Frown
Jamie 0414290971
If its not bleeding up try cracking the banjo fitting at the master cylinder
" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
Just did mine yesterday with no probs, pity Im not close by. want any help by phone call me on 0405 092 848 thats the best I can do from here.
[Image: SigPic100.jpg] Copper/Silver - The original, the rest are just copies.
Did mine last year and had heaps of trouble too.
Got a lot of help from a lot of guys with their suggestions on this forum.
The best tip I was given was to get a vacuum bleeder which I did (can't remember where I bought it from though). Brilliant bit of gear and easy to use. Took me a day and a half to bleed the conventional way but only took a few seconds to suck those pesky air bubbles out with the vacuum pump.

Good luck.
(13-05-2012, 02:54pm)gazzabusa Wrote: Did mine last year and had heaps of trouble too.
Got a lot of help from a lot of guys with their suggestions on this forum.
The best tip I was given was to get a vacuum bleeder which I did (can't remember where I bought it from though). Brilliant bit of gear and easy to use. Took me a day and a half to bleed the conventional way but only took a few seconds to suck those pesky air bubbles out with the vacuum pump.

Good luck.

if ya can remember where ya got it, that would be cool. Tried again today, still no luck....Embarassed On a positive note, at least i have a light clutch lever!!!!!!!
Something like this dude.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ONE-MAN-BRAKE...53ea204d94

Cheap as, and surprisingly good.

Cam
only a rider knows why a dog sticks his head out the car window...
if ya havent got it sorted out let me know will come for a run up and get it done for ya
To all who responded to this thread, those who offered to come and help and those that rang, a big thanks to everyone. I finally nailed it today bleeding the clutch. It might sound corny but i feel pretty damn good about it too...Trophy Once again a big thanks and the support from this forum is much appreciatedYes
Jamie......
glad you got it sorted big fella
(16-05-2012, 07:40am)big kev Wrote: glad you got it sorted big fella

My celebration was short-lived. Big pool of clutch fluid on the ground this morning...Scary Looks like i will have to bleed for a 4th time in 3 days and it appears i've gone thru my 3rd slave cylinder in a weekWtf
Question;
With the sprocket cover off but the clutch line still connected, if i squeeze the clutch lever should the slave piston pop all the way out or should it stay within the confines of the cylinder walls (ie, Its usual travel)???
(16-05-2012, 12:21pm)bigjay Wrote:
(16-05-2012, 07:40am)big kev Wrote: glad you got it sorted big fella

My celebration was short-lived. Big pool of clutch fluid on the ground this morning...Scary Looks like i will have to bleed for a 4th time in 3 days and it appears i've gone thru my 3rd slave cylinder in a weekWtf
Question;
With the sprocket cover off but the clutch line still connected, if i squeeze the clutch lever should the slave piston pop all the way out or should it stay within the confines of the cylinder walls (ie, Its usual travel)???

Do not know. Something is not rightIdiot2
The Gen2 has a bolted steel plate cover over the inside of the slave cylinder with a hole in it that the clutch push rod goes through that the Gen1 does not so I'd reckon the slave cylinder piston on the Gen1 would pop right out when the clutch is pumped.
I just had an SAE Outlaw Billet Sprocket Cover installed on Gen1 with a Gen2 slave cylinder, but had to drop motor to fit Gen2 Gear Shifter Cover. Never had a problem bleeding, just used to leave a ring spanner on the bleed nipple, bung a tube on that slung over handlebars & down to a drain bucket on the deck.Pi_thumbsup

Do not know. Something is not rightIdiot2
The Gen2 has a bolted steel plate cover over the inside of the slave cylinder with a hole in it that the clutch push rod goes through that the Gen1 does not so I'd reckon the slave cylinder piston on the Gen1 would pop right out when the clutch is pumped.
I just had an SAE Outlaw Billet Sprocket Cover installed on Gen1 with a Gen2 slave cylinder, but had to drop motor to fit Gen2 Gear Shifter Cover. Never had a problem bleeding, just used to leave a ring spanner on the bleed nipple, bung a tube on that slung over handlebars & down to a drain bucket on the deck.Pi_thumbsup
[/quote]

Cheers Grunt,
Ordered a brand new slave cylinder which will hopefully solve all my dramas. I think my current one might have a slow leak in the cylinder itself hence the fluid on the ground.....
Ordered a brand new slave cylinder which will hopefully solve all my dramas. I think my current one might have a slow leak in the cylinder itself hence the fluid on the ground.....
[/quote]

I got a 2nd hand one if your stuck Jay
(18-05-2012, 08:29am)simmo Wrote: Ordered a brand new slave cylinder which will hopefully solve all my dramas. I think my current one might have a slow leak in the cylinder itself hence the fluid on the ground.....

I got a 2nd hand one if your stuck Jay
[/quote]

Cheers simmo, i ordered one from suzuki on monday and it will be 3 weeks. If its ok with you, bring it with you tomorrow. Carl fixed mine yesterday but even he said take a spare. At the moment mines' fine but ya never know.....
See ya out there tomorrow. Biker