Oggy knobs
I went to buy some Oggy knobs today. Holy shit! $130 There's nothing to them, about $15 $20 worth of material and they wanted $130. Oh yeah said the salesman........I've got a Gixxer 1000 and the knobs saved me heaps during a recent get off. Yeah right says I but where do you get off charging that much for something that takes 1 hour to make if you have the required lathe etc. How 'bout it fellas, can anybody make these things for a fair price, if you are handy you could charge $50 to $80 and still make money.
Come on Bill, you got those bling bling bloody bar ends made, how 'bout making something we can all use. You never know you might even make some money.
Regards
Chopper <i></i>
(This post is missing and can not be restored) <i></i>
Chopper I read that Oggys only save your covers at low speed crashes and at high speeds can dig in and do frame damage.

But look on the bright side if you have a high speed crash you would want to write off your bike because it would never be the same

Fords <i></i>
this can be said with a myraid of stuff

there is about hmm say generous maximum 10$ worth of material in a double buble screen, but they are worth over 200$

If someone were to make these and for the exersize to be worthwhile on the pocket, they would still need to factor in milling time, tooling setup, ect.

Cheers,
Jes
If there is something wrong with it, the solution is always " MORE HORSEPOWER"<i></i>
...so, anyone in Sydney know where to buy them and how to install them?

Simmo, you'd mentioned something about cutting out the fairing to fit them...?
"sometimes, crime does pay"

Customer Service & Complaints Division
Easyrider Imports
www.easyriderimports.com.au

<i></i>
I wouldnt put them on if mounted to the frame where the fairing is fastened---- low speed crash will rip the bolt out or worse bend the frame at this point.

If you want to pretent ya a racer.... ah well that's another story <i></i>
Had them fitted to my 98 ZX9R.

They completely f****d the fairing at a slow speed (40 to 50 klm/h) slide. The fairing cracked all the way around the dodgy knob.

I wouldn't take them to a shit fight for ammunition.

But hey, what would I know???

<i>Edited by: GDYUP at: 1/10/05 9:27 pm
</i>
Pan
Quote:Simmo, you'd mentioned something about cutting out the fairing to fit them...
No not cutting the fairing, it’s one of the fairing bolts holes on each side has to be drilled out larger and re taped for a larger hi-tensile bolts to go into the frame
Franko dropped his on the road at low speed this year and it saved his heaps of damage, i got some on mine now
My Brother just got some for his Honda it he paid close to $300 for his, needed extra brackets for his, thats what happens when you get a Honda

Cheers Robert
World Wide CEO
Easyrider Imports
www.easyriderimports.com.au
<i>Edited by: simmo at: 3/10/05 1:38 pm
</i>