W.A Sth West Busa Run 2013 - World Domination III
Have bought the last 3 sets of tyres from Jake Wilson as you say $300 set to the front door. They are easy to fit and static balance with minimum equipment. Hardest part is taking the wheels off. Most times with these tyres very little balancing is required. Bought a pack of 20 new valves $10 that were delivered with the tyres. No need to get the last Km out of a set of tyres. Rev 004 what model Avons are you running I might try a set of them next?
(23-11-2013, 11:46pm)hayabuasvich Wrote: Well it looks like I missed one hell of a ride good to hear there was no real problems over the weekend and thanks to Flanno and everyone else who posted photos lets hope I don't miss the next one stay shiny side up.

Was a great run Tony, shame a few of the regulars couldn't make it.
There's always no:4 though Biker and I'm sure you wont let work get in the way of that one!
Will have to catch up mate.

on my 3rd set of tyres from these guys. usually only takes a week to get here. what would be good is if we could do a group buy on tyre fitting gear...
[/quote]

Good idea Con, have you priced any of the gear?
(24-11-2013, 03:30pm)Landmine Wrote: Have bought the last 3 sets of tyres from Jake Wilson as you say $300 set to the front door. They are easy to fit and static balance with minimum equipment. Hardest part is taking the wheels off. Most times with these tyres very little balancing is required. Bought a pack of 20 new valves $10 that were delivered with the tyres. No need to get the last Km out of a set of tyres. Rev 004 what model Avons are you running I might try a set of them next?

Hi Landmine I'm running the Avon Storm 2 Ultra on the Rear & the Avon VP2 Supersport on the Front but I think the VP2 is getting phased out shortly and the 3D Ultras are taking over, I'm a big fan of this type of combo on the big bore sports bikes as you've got that little bit of extra grip on the front and they seem to last about the same as a the dual compound rears.

I was very happy with the rear it only let go a couple of times but that was deliberate just to see how much stick I could give before it started to let go, through the corners was great and the letting loose was only under full throttle in a straight line I reckon I could lower the tyre pressure and fix that though.

Anyway would recommend them.

Cheers Rev004.
As a first hand witness of Kev's use of Avon tyres. I'd have to say - "ding-dong, Avon calling", at least in the straight line sense :-) .
Government certified carpet muncherDrool
(25-11-2013, 12:02am)Belzybob Wrote: As a first hand witness of Kev's use of Avon tyres. I'd have to say - "ding-dong, Avon calling", at least in the straight line sense :-) .

Ian I'm not sure what your talking about I treated those Avon Tyres with the utmost respect I did Very Happy..

Your lucky you didn't see what was happening on the Sunday...Yes Sues Rd what else can one say....2fast4u Lol3
Just wondering. Did anyone take a photo of the impromptu ECU flashing sessions we had on the Domination run?
Just got a quote from Tyres for Bikes a set of Bridgestone S20 (Replacement to the discontinued BT-016) $500 fitted. I have heard that with tyres like the bridgestones if you fit the new tyres in exactly the same position of the last you will never have to rebalance.
Just when you thought no one was watching!
Having just switched from Bridgestone, I'd recommended looking at other options. Now on Michelin Pilot Roads and very happy.

I'm not sure I follow the logic of your last sentence.
That's ok I don't really know what I am talking about.
Just when you thought no one was watching!
I think he means if you make sure the replacement tyre is put on rim in exactly e same position (maybe use valve as locating point) then there should be no need to rebalance wheel...

IMO that might work if the replacement wheel is from same batch and production line as original so that there is a chance of having the same imperfections.... But very doubtful

P.S......

There is gunna be a 2015 WA Domination run???? When the missus gets a new job I am gunna see about coming over for the run. Got a bro that lives in Freo so will have a base to prep from before run. Just need to see about cost of transport or ride from Melbourne to Perth.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(01-12-2013, 11:36am)Batfink Wrote: I think he means if you make sure the replacement tyre is put on rim in exactly e same position (maybe use valve as locating point) then there should be no need to rebalance wheel...

IMO that might work if the replacement wheel is from same batch and production line as original so that there is a chance of having the same imperfections.... But very doubtful

P.S......

There is gunna be a 2015 WA Domination run???? When the missus gets a new job I am gunna see about coming over for the run. Got a bro that lives in Freo so will have a base to prep from before run. Just need to see about cost of transport or ride from Melbourne to Perth.

You would be right Batfink, most tyres come with a coloured circle or dot on one side and what you do is line this up with the valve and is meant to help with balancing the tyre and in most cases the balancing of the tyre was very good but it doesn't hurt to check the balance regardless as it will help with tyre wear and any unwanted vibrations.

I know that the tyres I put on prior to doing a track day I didn't balance and seemed fine but as soon as you hit about 220 - 240 I had a shocking vibration so balanced them and problem solved.

As far as World Domination IIII Goes yes there will be one in 2015 around the same time as this one give or take, I will let you know once we've got some dates sorted early to mid next year if that helps as we will start planning again about then. Would be good to have a eastern stater from the Busa Club come across but hey it was it is.

If you want to know about costs send a PM to Munkers as some friends trucked there Blackbird over and back just for the Busa Run as they didn't have time to ride over & back, I'm not sure on the cost but it was very reasonable as it did come up in discussion it's just not coming to me at the moment and both parties were extremely happy with the way the bike was packed and brought across.
Was talkin to GOOFTROOP today and he seems interested to join me on a WA visit in 2015. Even came up with idea that a few of us might be able to share a trans across the big island or even get a vehicle with trailer and take a few with us.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(01-12-2013, 11:36am)Batfink Wrote: IMO that might work if the replacement wheel is from same batch and production line as original so that there is a chance of having the same imperfections.... But very doubtful

Yep I knew what he was getting at, but it was the logic that was behind it. You've raised what was in my mind in your comment above. Although I suppose with a few magic beads the problem wouldn't be a problem anyway.......ROFL

It'll be worth your time if you do get the chance to come over for 2015. As to the transport over, its surprising how many bikes you can get in a small truck - many took that option for the the ASBK rounds in the early days.
From memory, there were two coloured dots on some brands of tyres. Yellow and Blue. I had the training in how to fit them but it was so long ago and The Force is now weak within me. One dot was meant to align with the valve stem, the other indicated the heaviest section of the tyre.
They put those magic beads in my new tyre and riding at the pace we did coming home I had no issue with vibrations or shacking. There are no ugly external weights on my bike rim, so I would have to give them the Pi_thumbsup.
As for the Bridgestone tyres, I didn't get many K's out of them and the traction was lost relatively quickly. I ran the Pilot Road 2 which I found better but the Road 3 is definitely superior IMO. Had the Road 3 put on for the 2011 Busa run and it lasted till the end of the 2013 Busa run. JUST.
BUSA there is no Substitute