tyres
can anyone reccommend what tyres to run on my busa havnt changed hoops for 2 years thanks
You have never lived till you have almost died, and for those that fight for it - life has a flavour the protected will never Know !
I run Michelen Pilot Road 3's. They work well enough for me, and last between 12 - 15000kms. Biker
People are like turtles....... you don't move forward unless you stick your neck out!! Boobies4
(25-06-2012, 06:29pm)PostmanPete Wrote: I run Michelen Pilot Road 3's. They work well enough for me, and last between 12 - 15000kms. Biker

+1 highly recommend them
BUSA there is no Substitute
+1
impressed
I really like the Michelen Power Pures. I find they give me lots of confidence and help the bike to steer faster than the pirelli's I had previously. I got about 120000km's out of mine, but a lot of that is commuting.
(26-06-2012, 09:56pm)aussiemonster Wrote: ....I got about 120000km's out of mine....

Geez aussie....you must be floating those tyres thru the corners!?! Eek

Be very, VERY careful filling out your next tax return, dude.....

Lol3 Lol3
wow realy?? i flicked my rear pure at 2000k's, due to canvas hanging out, and front is now dead at 2500k's
i had M5 interacts, got 3000 out of them and that's about 500 more than BT016/015.

i'm going for the Angel ST next, i know they are a very different tyre though, not going to give me the confidence i'm used to oit of corners.
New.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...5ZziUzYrEQ#!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZAgjGh84...r_embedded
I had the pures and have just changed to the Angel ST's for the main reason I want more wear from them... pure's were great and I could go as hard as I wanted, and I would probably say as good as 016's but again they wore out pretty quickly. I'm doing more touring than knee dragging and wanted to see what all the hype was about around the angel's. My reason for change was that several mates on several different types of bikes from 600's to 1400's etc... have them and believe them to be the best tire suited to sport touring, in the wet they are great (there opinions) dry they are good just need some more time to heat up so some caution is needed.
What really stood out for me was its a single compound tire and it wears great on all the bikes... nice and even. One of the lads drag's his knee's everywhere and rides very hard compared to me and they hang on for him, and he loves the progressive roll pattern (55series).

here is a little link that may make a point too : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMtpLVcv-m8

my 2 cents..
(28-06-2012, 01:57pm)raceworx Wrote: I had the pures and have just changed to the Angel ST's for the main reason I want more wear from them... pure's were great and I could go as hard as I wanted, and I would probably say as good as 016's but again they wore out pretty quickly. I'm doing more touring than knee dragging and wanted to see what all the hype was about around the angel's. My reason for change was that several mates on several different types of bikes from 600's to 1400's etc... have them and believe them to be the best tire suited to sport touring, in the wet they are great (there opinions) dry they are good just need some more time to heat up so some caution is needed.
What really stood out for me was its a single compound tire and it wears great on all the bikes... nice and even. One of the lads drag's his knee's everywhere and rides very hard compared to me and they hang on for him, and he loves the progressive roll pattern (55series).

here is a little link that may make a point too : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMtpLVcv-m8

my 2 cents..

You'll get 10,000 out of a set of Avon Storm's( Unless your name is Carbon busa ) ,Great grip ,wet ,dry,hot cold . You have to look for them though.

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(28-06-2012, 03:47pm)Greeny_SA Wrote:
(28-06-2012, 01:57pm)raceworx Wrote: I had the pures and have just changed to the Angel ST's for the main reason I want more wear from them... pure's were great and I could go as hard as I wanted, and I would probably say as good as 016's but again they wore out pretty quickly. I'm doing more touring than knee dragging and wanted to see what all the hype was about around the angel's. My reason for change was that several mates on several different types of bikes from 600's to 1400's etc... have them and believe them to be the best tire suited to sport touring, in the wet they are great (there opinions) dry they are good just need some more time to heat up so some caution is needed.

my 2 cents..

You'll get 10,000 out of a set of Avon Storm's( Unless your name is Carbon busa ) ,Great grip ,wet ,dry,hot cold . You have to look for them though.

yeah found Avon's very hard to find and quite expensive compared? as I got angles fitted for 400?

might try Avon's next though...
When the USA tire company's would ship to Aust ,I got a set of Avon's for $250 Delivered . Unfortunately the Greedy importers have Buggered that up now .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(28-06-2012, 07:39pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: When the USA tire company's would ship to Aust ,I got a set of Avon's for $250 Delivered . Unfortunately the Greedy importers have Buggered that up now .

I haven't had any problems getting tyres from the States Greeny......I've used Rocky Mountain & Jake Wilson without any problems recently.
Hmmm....thanks for the tip, CeeJay, coz the last mob I tried to get them from gave me a whole heap of BS answers why they wouldn't do it!

Just curiously.......how long ago exactly do you mean when you say "recently"?!? Confused Undecided Confused

Coolsmiley