Adelaide Riders, Speed Limit Reduction!
there has been talk of fluro vests here in N.Z. too and its our biker rights wankers who agree with it. so much for that pack of over the hill half wits. they did the lights on law here and that worked like telling a fox to leave the chickens alone. they just keep bringing laws in that affect the rider but still the cage drivers knock us off. on full fairing bikes the viz vest is the last thing you see unless you are attacking from behind.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
The nanny state is alive and well... but will it actually cause more accidents. I ride a bicycle and a motorbike most days. What I see is that riders with fluoro vests are often seen by motorists who immediately decide they must be learners/less experienced riders... and therefore must be overtaken at all costs.

Its a bit more obvious when riding the bicycle, and often I fear more correct. But it does paint you out as safety conscious. My riding style is more "dominant" on the road where I seek to demand my space, this I believe gets it for me more effectively. Not aggressive mind you, just in control and not about to fold. Sitting with a flouro begging for mercy is not likely to get that white van showing more consideration in my view.

Tony AAA
One twist of the wrist at a time...