Unmatched Tyres a Problem?
I'm just about in need of a new front. The current one is the original Bridgestone. 20,000 kms doesn't seem too bad. About 2,500 kms ago I put a new BT56 on the rear, but the problems with sourcing BT56s is enough for me to consider changing to the Dunlops. That is the only problem I have with the Bridgestones...availability. At least there always seems to be plenty of Dunlops around.

I have heard people say it's not a good idea to run different makes of tyre between front and rear, but there is no way I want to wait another 20,000 kms to change to the Dunlops. Is it really a problem to have unmatched tyres on a bike, even for just a short period? (About another 6,000 kms I'm guessing.) If so, why? and what problems could be expected? How about insurance companies? Do they care as long as they're the right tyres for the bike? <i></i>
Hey, I just fitted two New Dunlops to my bike as Bridgestones where in short supply here, my front tyre was still about 3/4 tread but I changed it because I don't like to mix and match tyres on bikes or cars for that matter, so far I have found dunlops to be ok, but I have only put about 400klms on them so far been slack on the riding of late after buying my other new toy a Audi TT been driving more than riding, hopefully I will put heaps of K's on my New Dunlops soon.... <i></i>
I've been told you probably shouldn't mix and match, but I had the original Bridgestone on the front and a 207 on the rear and didn't have any probs for a few thousand kms until I swapped the front for the Dunlop. I've always mixed and matched, but I'm not a purist.

HEIDI xxx <i></i>
i agree with Heidi i have oem bridgestone on front and dunlop on back seems ok i will replace front with dunlop when the time comes but so far no problem at all i have run my mix n match for about 4,000 km so far <i></i>
I am currently running 56 up front (original tyre) and 209 at the rear (third tyre)...no probs so far

<i></i>
Gazza

Have been running a Dunlop Rear with the original BT56 and have found no problems at all..... except the rear wheel lifting off the deck into tight corners ..... <i></i>
Hi All,
Same story here, oem front ( 11k ) and D207 rear. No problems but the rear is allready on the way out after ~3000 kms
regards Rob <i></i>
It sounds like a broken record in hear, and I will add exactly the same comment. BT front, D207 rear. No problems.

p.s, BigMac, did you mean 207, or is there a 209? <i></i>