Noisy fuel pump
At my latest service I asked the dealer to check into what I thought was a noisy fan bearing or similar. The noise sounds like a high pitched constant whine or a pressure leak from a radiator. The noise remains constant with changing revs.

I was told it was the fuel pump and that some of them make a high pitched whining noise over time, but they still work fine. To my ear the niose seems to have become louder over the last few months.

Has anyone experienced this on a Gen 2 before?
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle
I have a 09 gen 2 and mine started doing the exact same thing a few months ago, i put her in for early service and was told it was fuel pump and they just do that sometimes and will have to live with it, but like yours it seems to have gotten louder and annoys me to no end, so i just ride faster to avoid hearing it, Coolsmiley
Yep, that works for me as well so far. Funny that mine is an '09 gen 2 as well.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle
Did you price a replacement? i thought i could live with it but its really starting to irritate me

(25-07-2012, 08:39am)Champs Wrote: Yep, that works for me as well so far. Funny that mine is an '09 gen 2 as well.

(25-07-2012, 01:37pm)BlackLilly Wrote: Did you price a replacement? i thought i could live with it but its really starting to irritate me

(25-07-2012, 08:39am)Champs Wrote: Yep, that works for me as well so far. Funny that mine is an '09 gen 2 as well.

Surely these noisy pumps are not right & should be replaced under Warranty. Dig your heels in & kick some dealer arse , Not good enough ,I reckon .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
i asked them but they said mine was out of warranty, i thought it was just mine but like champs said funny how they are both 09 models,
Hmmmmm Nerd.....they put a bunch of dodgy rectum-fryers on lots of '09's, and now this sus fuel pump issue as well!?! Wtf Mr Suzuki.....not good enough mate, lift your game!! Pi_freak
My 08 is the same and the noise seems to be worse, i have been told the same, some pumps are like that but they are still ok just live with it.
Maybe we will just have to pretend it is a turbo whine and be done with it. Or maybe change it out once it becomes as loud as a baby's scream for the one Gruntmax put forward in a parallel post on fuel.
New fuel pump
For an 2001 -

brace yourself bro's & sis's

$990.oo -new
-----_-------_----_

Wreckers $225.oo
(25-07-2012, 09:47pm)RYDRZ Wrote: New fuel pump
For an 2001 -

brace yourself bro's & sis's

$990.oo -new
-----_-------_----_

Wreckers $225.oo

Scary
was told it would cost $1000 for a new one not including labour but thought they where being d#@%s.

pretending its a turbo it is then.
Can they be pulled apart and have their bearings replaced?? Assuming it is the bearings that are noisy..
How many Ks do you have on the clock. I have an 09 and so far (touch wood) mines ok. I have 23000k on mine. The rec recall was not just on the 09 it covered many different suzukis.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
Try partshark.com
(26-07-2012, 09:41am)grumpy Wrote: How many Ks do you have on the clock. I have an 09 and so far (touch wood) mines ok. I have 23000k on mine. The rec recall was not just on the 09 it covered many different suzukis.

23000 also