Fairings: repair or replace?
Question 
Hello folks :)

Has anyone had a bit of experience dealing with plastic repairers? Does it work out cheaper to make a visit to them or to replace when it's a few small scuffs over various panels?
I dropped my Busa earlier this year on my driveway, anyway when i took it to the repairer they said that the paint is Ink Based and matching it would be a problem if resprayed. My Bike is insured and the panels where replaced with Factory OEM Parts pre sprayed by the Factory. No matching issues at all.

But I gues that if the panels are getting done properly then really there should be no issues. I recon if all the panels are getting done at the same time then your going to have a quality finish. Again preperation is 90% a big part of a great job. Get bonified references from 1st hand experience people in recommended repairers.

" Live the Vision "
Quote "When was the last time You did something for the First Time"
Expect chipping of the paint - my last busa i made the guy respray it twice and i still wasnt happy.

Save the stuffing around, get oem if you got the dosh or hit up fleabay and get a full set for about 640!
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
Check partshark.com. Good service.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Not me..... Aristotle
To get a full on professional paint job that will lsst ten years, last quite for the whole bike was 6k, cheaper to get oem or ebay china abs set. :-)
[Image: nocensorship.gif]