Custom Brakes (updates)
Looking at boosting up my gen1 brakes this winter too kev.. I like what you did and it looks great. Will match my up and coming recolouring for the beast.
Any updates on the front brake conversion would be very wanted..
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(07-03-2013, 08:50am)Batfink Wrote: Looking at boosting up my gen1 brakes this winter too kev.. I like what you did and it looks great. Will match my up and coming recolouring for the beast.
without hijacking the thread,ive ditched the 6 pot calipers and stock master cylinders and gone with 2000 mdl tls 4 pot calipers and 2012 radial brake master from a zx14 stops on a 50 cent piece
(08-03-2013, 07:45am)revhead Wrote:
(07-03-2013, 08:50am)Batfink Wrote: Looking at boosting up my gen1 brakes this winter too kev.. I like what you did and it looks great. Will match my up and coming recolouring for the beast.
without hijacking the thread,ive ditched the 6 pot calipers and stock master cylinders and gone with 2000 mdl tls 4 pot calipers and 2012 radial brake master from a zx14 stops on a 50 cent piece

thx rev.. looking at all ideas for now. bike will be off the road for 6 months and will be doing some work to her.. as much as the missus will give me funds for LOL seems a wedding is BLOODY EXPENSIVE. Selling my old Suzi Across to fund me too... so far my lists is replace chain/spockets, replace front rotors a must (under 4.6mm) and if I can source a good priced 4 pot system to replace the 6 pot then I will.
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

The tls calipers were free from a friend but ive seen thm on ebay for 100 bucks th pair the zx 14 master cyl from th us new was 300 delivered
(08-03-2013, 11:02am)revhead Wrote: The tls calipers were free from a friend but ive seen thm on ebay for 100 bucks th pair the zx 14 master cyl from th us new was 300 delivered

will do an ebay search for TLS callipers later today LOL

$100 is something I can squeeze from war chest without to much alarm. Yes

BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

There a straight bolt on lines everything
(08-03-2013, 11:11am)revhead Wrote: There a straight bolt on lines everything

EXTRA KOOL Yes

I will be putting braided lines on too anyway
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

(08-03-2013, 11:35am)Batfink Wrote:
(08-03-2013, 11:11am)revhead Wrote: There a straight bolt on lines everything

EXTRA KOOL Yes

I will be putting braided lines on too anyway
i got some braided lines used, yours
for 40 bucks posted if u want

Is this still the go to bang for (small) buck brake mod for gen 1?
If so does anyone know where these brackets can be found?
Link is no longer a thing and my eBay skills appear lacking.
Sorry can't help as instead of upgrading brakes on my gen 1 I ended up doing a complete upgrade to a L3 busa which already has the better cal ipers lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

Batfink
I know you Bee is all sexy new but have you changed your brake fluid and lines in the front as yet? I did mine on my L2 and the difference was undeniable! Ive put Hel race lines and full flushed out the old fluid re-bled and one finger pulls up nice and quick- but grab a fist full, load up the forks and she damn near endows you onto the road! doesnt semm to have any fade anymore either!

Aw shit yours has abs doesn't it? that might make it harder to dick with!
Her job is to Bitch!
Mine is to give her reasonYes

VERITAS...SANGUINEM ET HONOREM
Braided lines are on the list of things to do LOL but I am not hard on brakes and never had an issue yet.

The ABS is an extra system in the brake lines so yes it does make it slightly more expensive for the extra lines BUT not more complicated....

basically there is an electronic bypass valve that is operated in short bursts by the ABS unit which allows the pressure in the brake line to reduce in stages of about 50 (?) per revolution. Is designed so if ABS fails you still have full normal brakes instead of NO brakes lol
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

here is the ebay listing number the radial brake adapters