Aftermarket stator cover
Don't buy the $40 eBay variety.

Threaded a tiny little bolt on the lowest torque preset. Just a heads up don't buy em' the metal is soft as shiiiiiiiite...

Going OEM.
Corect me if im wrong but there would be no thread in the cover or are you talking about extra bolts that came with it .
If so use your factory bolts just check length that goes into stator housing
[Image: Resizeofbusa005.jpg] REGARDS ROD
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
(09-10-2012, 06:58pm)ROD Wrote: Corect me if im wrong but there would be no thread in the cover or are you talking about extra bolts that came with it .

Rod you need to get to know your bike better Biker There are three bolts that hold that bloody stator magnet in it and two for the CKP sensor clips. I think these are ones Sutur is talking about.
I bought an aftermarket one from US and they are very good. Had no problems at all. But then again mine was $120 so it seems the "you get what you pay for" still applies.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Yeah its the two that hold the electrical cables to the housing through a metal bracket.

its just shitty soft metal, definitely get what you pay for!

Should have oem by Friday, then can finally change oil and filter and see if she even runs!
(09-10-2012, 07:57pm)sutur Wrote: Yeah its the two that hold the electrical cables to the housing through a metal bracket.

its just shitty soft metal, definitely get what you pay for!

Should have oem by Friday, then can finally change oil and filter and see if she even runs!

Probably made of recycled coca-cola cans. Pi_freak
She will run allright Pi_thumbsup It takes more than just a slide to stop them.
I, as most of you read, had a lil spill on my big girl. She's in getting fixed now, but a Woodcraft stator cover has been ordered and will be fitted on arrival, watch this space :)
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
(09-10-2012, 07:21pm)Shifu Wrote:
(09-10-2012, 06:58pm)ROD Wrote: Corect me if im wrong but there would be no thread in the cover or are you talking about extra bolts that came with it .

Rod you need to get to know your bike better Biker There are three bolts that hold that bloody stator magnet in it and two for the CKP sensor clips. I think these are ones Sutur is talking about.
I bought an aftermarket one from US and they are very good. Had no problems at all. But then again mine was $120 so it seems the "you get what you pay for" still applies.

Verry True did not even give these bolts a thought Idiot2 And it was ten years ago when i did mine Scary
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
yep, woodcraft all the way. solid billet alloy with a replaceable slider.
[Image: Image05.jpg]
Except it's twice the price of OEM! Bit much isn't it?
I think you can buy protecting brackets for oem covers...
(10-10-2012, 08:34am)sutur Wrote: Except it's twice the price of OEM! Bit much isn't it?

2x the price, 3x the quality, 10x more chance of going through a drop or impact and still being okay. If the Woodcraft stator is damaged beyond use....I can gaurantee you the bikes a complete write off anyway. For the $160 it cost me, It will last longer than the bike itself.
(10-10-2012, 08:59am)BikerBoy Wrote:
(10-10-2012, 08:34am)sutur Wrote: Except it's twice the price of OEM! Bit much isn't it?

2x the price, 3x the quality, 10x more chance of going through a drop or impact and still being okay. If the Woodcraft stator is damaged beyond use....I can gaurantee you the bikes a complete write off anyway. For the $160 it cost me, It will last longer than the bike itself.

And looks good Pi_thumbsup
MOBILE 0433 92 99 22
kangaroos1996@msn.com
Looks good & more protection than OEM, $120 sounds like a bargain.

Then again, I would have thought OEM would be more like $420, with no prior knowledge on these parts.

OEM Engine/Clutch cover for my ZRX was $650 11 years ago...
Couldn't bring myself to do it. Scraping to buy OEM for $90.

Still have to buy a new muffler from brocks ($670) and most of the fairings (>$2000) folks, crippled enough as it is!

Maybe if it was the only part I was replacing though...
(10-10-2012, 10:56am)sutur Wrote: Couldn't bring myself to do it. Scraping to buy OEM for $90.

Still have to buy a new muffler from brocks ($670) and most of the fairings (>$2000) folks, crippled enough as it is!

For those on a Budget . http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_nkw=h...tor+slider&_sacat=0&_odkw=hayabusa&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313 I have one of these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SUZUKI-Hayabu...ccessories&hash=item564c073e30 Just as good as woodcraft .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(10-10-2012, 11:27am)Greeny_SA Wrote:
(10-10-2012, 10:56am)sutur Wrote: Couldn't bring myself to do it. Scraping to buy OEM for $90.

For those on a Budget . http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_nkw=h...tor+slider&_sacat=0&_odkw=hayabusa&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313 I have one of these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SUZUKI-Hayabu...ccessories&hash=item564c073e30 Just as good as woodcraft .

Good suggestion Greenie for before an off as you still need intact original cover. If you add the cost of both you might as well go for Woodcraft as the price will be same or maybe even cheaper. Do not forget Sutur already paid $40 for his Chinese pocket massage Pi_freak