{VIC} Eastern freeway coppers
(11-10-2012, 02:10pm)BikerBoy Wrote: Yep, how dare they. It was completely the riders own choice to fit and/or remove part(s) of the bike to make it not comply with the ADR and they bust him for it and give him a fine. What pricks. Not only that, they let him off for speeding too. That cop should have been out busting cagers instead of stopping a speeding motorcyclist on an unroadworthy bike.

That is some quality missing of the point there.

The bike is NOT unroadworthy, it is just labelled as such by an archeic rule that harkens back to the time of the gravel road and the horse and kart. Technically it is illegal to remove it but the roadworthiness fails, IMHO, the common law test.

Bald tyres - unroadworthy
Busted headlight - ditto
Dirty great metal spikes with poison tips protruding from the front - yep that too

but a fender eliminator?

Besides which the copper couldn't possibly have conducted the tests required to prove a roadworthy fender, with the 45` 45kg arcs and lines stuff the design regs stipulate. So at best the bike only "appeared" to be in an 'unroadworthy condition.'
"and when I gun the engine I want people to think that the world is coming to an end"
Scary
Just yesterday as I was riding up the freeway towards gisbourne

There they were , marked blue & white cop bike

& his un-marked stealth lover ridin hand in hand

Toward the city , well it only looked like they wre holdin hands

Ridin two bikes in the same lane , to me looks alot like gang

members to me

Just how some harley riders ride,

Vella terra boy, only refit your original rear fender

Everything else including your one eye can come to the motogp

Why the fender u say-?????!!!!!

We have the best - non accurate - over head gantry
Sneaky frontel / rearward / from the side of the road / in a coppers hand

Speed camera's , your non original fender

Hides it & thus you can't be pinged,raped,shafted,screwed out for riding
,fined -fined -demeritted - pulled off on the side of the road

Revenue grabby govt - the list go's on

Just give him a wink & blow him a kiss ,you'll be outa there in no time
Or not,he may take u up on that offer,
Awhile back-I got jacked-for no fender-fitted one had no more
Encounters or intercpts since

I'll shut u now

(12-10-2012, 09:15am)Buhjones Wrote:
(11-10-2012, 02:10pm)BikerBoy Wrote: Yep, how dare they. It was completely the riders own choice to fit and/or remove part(s) of the bike to make it not comply with the ADR and they bust him for it and give him a fine. What pricks. Not only that, they let him off for speeding too. That cop should have been out busting cagers instead of stopping a speeding motorcyclist on an unroadworthy bike.

That is some quality missing of the point there.

The bike is NOT unroadworthy, it is just labelled as such by an archeic rule that harkens back to the time of the gravel road and the horse and kart. Technically it is illegal to remove it but the roadworthiness fails, IMHO, the common law test.

Bald tyres - unroadworthy
Busted headlight - ditto
Dirty great metal spikes with poison tips protruding from the front - yep that too

but a fender eliminator?

Besides which the copper couldn't possibly have conducted the tests required to prove a roadworthy fender, with the 45` 45kg arcs and lines stuff the design regs stipulate. So at best the bike only "appeared" to be in an 'unroadworthy condition.'

sorry bud but you're wrong. No I didn't miss the point at all.....far from it. Yeah I wrote it sarcasticaly, but everyone seemed to get exactly where I was coming from.

Got pics of the bike? Spoken to the Cop? Know what the rider posted was 100% truthful? We can only speculate on the situation. How do you know that there was completely no fender at all with the number plate bracket mounted up under the rear tail partialy hiding its visibility so it can't be seen clearly (which is commonly done) and has no licence plate light or rear reflector....vehicle will not pass a roadworthy. Cop doesn't have to be a mathmatician and pull out his tape measure & protractor to figure that one out.

You say the bike is NOT unroadworthy but then follow with technicaly it is illegal Confused I get your point that you consider this to be a joke that it would even be considered unroadworthy (I 100% agree with you), but our personal opinions don't mean shit to an ADR and the cops out there willing to enforce them.

What pisses me off though is when riders knowingly make an illegal mod (stupid law or not) have a whinge when they get busted for it and start threads like...how f****d are the cops, I was purposely singled out and "tageted". Maybe we should all now sign a petition and do a protest ride in support of fender eliminators.

I'm not trying to start an argument with you or anything, but I am one rider that has taken the time to actualy read the laws related to motorcycling, the ADR's, how far I can push the boundaries, what loopholes I've got and how to defend myself when I too get hassled for a pathetic law like this. One thing I don't do though, is bitch to the world and slag off the Police when I get a fine for something I know I've done is illegal.....and I've got one hell of a colourful profile, filed away in the archives at Vic Roads, Police stations, Magistrates Courts and lawyers offices for road related offences......and 'No' my Busa will not pass a roadworthy due to modifications I've made.

Then you would recognise this poorly drawn example of what they say?
I did forget to put the 45kg weight on there but I think it makes the point.
(12-10-2012, 11:38am)Buhjones Wrote: Then you would recognise this poorly drawn example of what they say?
I did forget to put the 45kg weight on there but I think it makes the point.

yes, I recognise that as the old joke from primary school - what's a chinaman riding a bycicle look like. Lol3
[Image: chinaman.gif]
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"

SHIFU, get in front and you wont get showered with stones. Very Happy

If you take into consideration which way the wheel turns ,the law is wrong anyway as the rocks will flick off the bottom of the wheel . The guard would need to be 1/2 inch off the road to stop this .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
They can suck my Arse.
May take a couple of them Troopy .

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
Just remember, all those useless pigs are employees of the 4 x over the legal blood alcohol limit convicted drunk driver living in the lodge Australian labor government. An International joke of a government.
If you get wiped out by a drunk they'll accuse you of speeding with no proof whatsoever
Did everyone watch the news

Demerit dodger website

AussieExotics.com.au

Looky and u shall find no fine

(12-10-2012, 10:49pm)Greeny_SA Wrote: If you take into consideration which way the wheel turns ,the law is wrong anyway as the rocks will flick off the bottom of the wheel . The guard would need to be 1/2 inch off the road to stop this .

Don't laugh Greeny, I'm sure they would make us use speedway mud deflectors if they could...

And who's ever seen any rock come off any tyre and go up 45 degrees and hit the mud flap and you just think, thank god for that high guard.....
Some bmw bikes already do wear mud deflectors
Very gay for a dualsport bike
Shut up with the mud deflectors, soon we all will be wearing them if the Mexicans get hold of this forum.
" Live the Vision "
Quote "When was the last time You did something for the First Time"