Motorbike lane filter trial for Sydney
(22-10-2012, 08:24am)Dale Wrote:
(21-10-2012, 06:08pm)sutur Wrote:
(21-10-2012, 03:49pm)Dale Wrote: I just can't bring myself to do it eh ..
I'm scared I'll stall or something and some dick will run me over .. Undecided

Joking right?!

No, I'm being serious ("Stall" maybe not, but "bog down" maybe). I'm no drag-racer, and some of these new V8 autos can launch off the line pretty damn quick. I'm quite happy to sit back in the queue and wait untill the traffic starts moving .. then I get to the front.
I just don't feel safe sneaking up the front at the lights, might be just me, but hey .. Its my preference, my bike, my life .. Pi_thumbsup

Dale you do realise how quick a hayabusa is. You will beat 99% of cars off the line. I used to be a bit hesitant myself , just always make sure you have enough gap to get to the front and youll be right
(25-10-2012, 08:00pm)bioDog Wrote: Dale you do realise how quick a hayabusa is. You will beat 99% of cars off the line.

funny . . . , never found that "other 1%" in traffic Lol3

[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
I wish a few others would allow parking on selected footpaths too. Parts of melbourne are like that. No issues, no complaints, just a sensible use of areas.
(15-11-2012, 04:44pm)bear Wrote: I wish a few others would allow parking on selected footpaths too. Parts of melbourne are like that. No issues, no complaints, just a sensible use of areas.

Here in Queensland sensible has not visited yet.
Parking on sidewalks should be legal in every state. As long as it doesn't hinder pedestrian traffic. Vic has some good ideas. Here in the ACT bikes are allowed to use bus lanes at lights so filtering is only needed on occasion. I've always done it, bonus of a bike right?
"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
(16-11-2012, 08:31am)Pix Wrote: Parking on sidewalks should be legal in every state. As long as it doesn't hinder pedestrian traffic. Vic has some good ideas. Here in the ACT bikes are allowed to use bus lanes at lights so filtering is only needed on occasion. I've always done it, bonus of a bike right?

I thought the bus lane was for us "bus" riders anyway .. Read Lol3
Oops! Had a misjudgement yesterday as I was filtering through the Sheparton road 'carpark'. Two knobheads didn't leave enough room. Took out both their mirrors simultaneously. Fortunately mine were unscathed, well they don't look any different than they normally do, just needed popping back into position.

Gave the usual bit of advice: "LEAVE SOME ROOM YAKARNS!"
(16-11-2012, 02:25pm)Camel Wrote: Oops! Had a misjudgement yesterday as I was filtering through the Sheparton road 'carpark'. Two knobheads didn't leave enough room. Took out both their mirrors simultaneously. Fortunately mine were unscathed, well they don't look any different than they normally do, just needed popping back into position.

one of the beauties of the busa....the mirrors fold back!! I lane split literaly for a full hour each day (peak hour monash fwy). As soon as I hit the 'car park' I pull the mirrors in, and as soon as I'm through, pop the mirrors back out.
I think filtering is legal in WA, well, I hope so, I do it.
Mind you some dickhead belted the car's mirror behind me and mine also the other day! Bloody lout!
I have a feeling WA allows filtering if the cars are moving or maybe it's if the cars aren't! But we can't use taxi and bus lanes yet. probably never, we're right up there with Qld when it comes to nanny rules.
I think its if they're stopped, the way some of these drivers swap lanes without looking scares the shit out of me.
(16-11-2012, 02:25pm)Camel Wrote: Oops! Had a misjudgement yesterday as I was filtering through the Sheparton road 'carpark'. Two knobheads didn't leave enough room. Took out both their mirrors simultaneously. Fortunately mine were unscathed, well they don't look any different than they normally do, just needed popping back into position.

yep, Lol3 my mirrors have more than a few scuff marks, courtesy of years of commuting/filtering down the pacific highway in Sydney. sometimes you actually see people try and pull onto the line to stop you filtering through - without being too stereotypical, it was often women talking on phones doing their makeup. but that's what the buckles on your boots are for as you glance their doors.
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Or texting. Always texting. I wonder if that would be a valid excuse for speeding? Evading erratic motor vehicle operated by texting driver?