High pitched noise in fuel tank
Hi President,

I have my bike back on the road and the noise has gone, thanks to advice provided. Hubby also cleaned the fuel tank out and he couldn't get over the rubbish in the fuel tank. He replaced the primary filter, cleaned it up, put it back together an it now has no whining or high pitch noise. Have you managed to get yours sorted?

(27-01-2013, 04:35pm)storm Wrote: Thanks will talk to the dealer.now I have to ride back to NSW.what a life! Lolll

oh whoa, bit of ride back to the dealer.... be a nice ride though Very Happy

Rosebusa

Well Rosebusa I ordered a replacement pump from the US which is supposed to have been modified to fit straight in and has the same specs as the original. It only cost $58 but seems a sturdy enough little fellow. Bike due for service soon so will get my mechanic to swap it over and clean up all the associated filters and let you know. The whine has become more constant now so somethings gotta give.
i found when i cleaned that silly black filter in the tank mounted onto the fuel pump that the whine disappeared as the pump was straining to push the fuel through it,
(05-02-2013, 11:13am)President Wrote: Well Rosebusa I ordered a replacement pump from the US which is supposed to have been modified to fit straight in and has the same specs as the original. It only cost $58 but seems a sturdy enough little fellow. Bike due for service soon so will get my mechanic to swap it over and clean up all the associated filters and let you know. The whine has become more constant now so somethings gotta give.

I can't believe you paid $58 for a fuel pump, thats unreal, considering suzuki quoted me $900. Hopefully it won't give before your service, I would be getting into now after seeing what mine way like. ope it goes well for you.

Rosebusa
my K9 seems to make these noises sometimes as well - but everything seems fine and shes never had a fuel issue. I'll keep an eye on this thread for sure tho.
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
After reading this, it has become aparent that my Son a I notice a strange noise coming from the same location the other day. I took him to school and the noise did go away. I have not herd it since but have kept my mind onto it if I noticed the noise again.

I am glad to have come across this thraed now.

I will get onto it too. Found this on Ebay:-

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Intank-Fu...ccessories&hash=item257222dc8b

" Live the Vision "
Quote "When was the last time You did something for the First Time"
(10-02-2013, 10:39am)Vellaterra Wrote: After reading this, it has become aparent that my Son a I notice a strange noise coming from the same location the other day. I took him to school and the noise did go away. I have not herd it since but have kept my mind onto it if I noticed the noise again.

I am glad to have come across this thraed now.

I will get onto it too. Found this on Ebay:-

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/New-Intank-Fu...ccessories&hash=item257222dc8b
Hi Vellaterra, that is an amazing price, mine would make the noise on start up when cold and the go after about 15 minutes, but it got to a stage were it didn't go away. It is still now running perfect again no problems.
Rosebusa
My noise has just got worse and bike is now losing power, i should know how to fix my own bike but shamefully i dont Frown
thank you for the information at least when i take it in i will know something about whats going on and how much it should cost :) xx
Just cleaned my fuel filter out.Was full of dirt.Tank is clean as.Yesterday coming back from Phillip island.Gave it areal fist full coming out of peterbough warrrnambool road.Just woun'nt go up in higher revs.Have noticed fuel pump very noisy a few weeks ago.talked to suzuki locals.said probably not warranty.was 22 thousand then.wattantys up in 5 days.So pulled it out myself.filter was like that photo sent in.cleaned mine with dish washer detergent.dryed it flushed it with fuel,blew it out again.just started it sounds good.Go for a blap tomorrow.    
(26-01-2013, 09:38pm)Rosebusa Wrote: Guess what non in stock.... bloody west Oz.... anyway that said it may not be that. Hubby spent this afternoon pulling it apart and wow the filter is ... well... the picture says it all.

Yep, WA. When the pump died in my 12 year old Patrol I got to see the insides of my petrol tank for the first time. Looked like very watery mud. Mud that was a delightful shade of 'Pilbara Red'.

I really believed them when the fuel transport companies told us their quality controls ensured that filler hoses on delivery trucks are always capped and checked for dust ingress before use.

(26-02-2013, 02:40pm)grantxr6t Wrote: Just cleaned my fuel filter out.Was full of dirt.Tank is clean as.Yesterday coming back from Phillip island.Gave it areal fist full coming out of peterbough warrrnambool road.Just woun'nt go up in higher revs.Have noticed fuel pump very noisy a few weeks ago.talked to suzuki locals.said probably not warranty.was 22 thousand then.wattantys up in 5 days.So pulled it out myself.filter was like that photo sent in.cleaned mine with dish washer detergent.dryed it flushed it with fuel,blew it out again.just started it sounds good.Go for a blap tomorrow.

Hi Grantxr6t,

Hubby did exactly the same as you but I insisted on a new filter to go it. I guess I was been a little more cautious. I hope your blap goes well Very Happy
(28-02-2013, 05:46pm)Camel Wrote:
(26-01-2013, 09:38pm)Rosebusa Wrote: Guess what non in stock.... bloody west Oz.... anyway that said it may not be that. Hubby spent this afternoon pulling it apart and wow the filter is ... well... the picture says it all.

Yep, WA. When the pump died in my 12 year old Patrol I got to see the insides of my petrol tank for the first time. Looked like very watery mud. Mud that was a delightful shade of 'Pilbara Red'.

I really believed them when the fuel transport companies told us their quality controls ensured that filler hoses on delivery trucks are always capped and checked for dust ingress before use.

Watery mud, sounds just like we found as well hmmmm, filter hoses on trucks I wonder what sort of filters they really do have!!!!
Rosebusa
Went for our ride today.Still abit down on power.hesitation going thru gears.Have to buy main filter ass.Might have a good look at the fuel pickup system, modification.Hate to put one of these every 22 thou.Just not cricket.Had Memorial run for Jamie Quick.cattle truck door fell off a truck eleven years ago.Do it every year.    
ok i have posted this ,if you reverse blow the fuel filter from inside the tank i used prepsol and thinners60% prepsol 40% left it soaking in it all night then blew it out ,the bikes hesitation is gone ,

and since doing this my high pitched noise from my fuel pump is completely gone ,the noise is telling you the pump is starting to strain to pump the fuel through the filter
Thanks mate will try that before i lash out for a new one.cheers
(03-03-2013, 10:09pm)grantxr6t Wrote: Thanks mate will try that before i lash out for a new one.cheers
the thing is the fitler on the k1 and up models has a built in return line ,plus the fuel flow reg is clipped into the filter in the tank as well, all i know from the 99 00 models suzuki fixed it with the internal filter n pump and deleted the silly 2x fuel line problem that always kinted