ohm,s
right i borrowed an ohms wheel and checked out how many ohms to turn off the red light in the fool guage and to get the guage to sit just under full,as in my case i dont run a fuel sender ,and having the F1 light flashing was shitting me no end ,it is 21 ohms works fine now and no codes or bloodly red light,so what i did was plug it into the sender wire and earth the other side to the frame.[Image: 487062_3708187595445_1580977114_n.jpg]
Errrrr....what is the point of this mod again?
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(20-10-2012, 08:09pm)Shifu Wrote: Errrrr....what is the point of this mod again?

what did you read the above that i posted,??????

if your lights are on and your not home i understand ,its to help!

(20-10-2012, 08:31pm)revhead Wrote:
(20-10-2012, 08:09pm)Shifu Wrote: Errrrr....what is the point of this mod again?

I have read what you posted. My question was (still is) - why? Isn't it easier to have the sender unit and the gauge working properly?
(20-10-2012, 10:42pm)Shifu Wrote:
(20-10-2012, 08:31pm)revhead Wrote:

I have read what you posted. My question was (still is) - why? Isn't it easier to have the sender unit and the gauge working properly?
Bit like pulling the warning light globe out of an FJ holden .I'd rather it worked .You may as well stick a piece of duct tape over it '

If Wisdom Comes with Age , I'm one of the Smartest Blokes Here
(20-10-2012, 07:06pm)revhead Wrote: as in my case i dont run a fuel sender ,and having the F1 light flashing was shitting me no end.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
Right I think I have a handle on this , pete has removed the stock dash and is running a speedo unit that doesn't have a fuel gauge so he's JERRY rigged the F1 light to make it a low fuel light now , that's a dam good mod pete
(21-10-2012, 04:39am)big kev Wrote: Right I think I have a handle on this , pete has removed the stock dash and is running a speedo unit that doesn't have a fuel gauge so he's JERRY rigged the F1 light to make it a low fuel light now , that's a dam good mod pete

no ,sorry i bought a brand new tank from Suzuki marked as 1999 to 2007 to mod for my 1999 ,only to find out when it turned up it was an 06 model tank ,and was diff from my 1999 tank as it had a hole in the bottom to fit the fuel pump n gauge into the tank ,were my bike has an external fool pump ,so this is why i had to do this mod ,and im still running the stock dash ,gauge cluster,cheers big Kev

Got it now Pi_thumbsup It was a low fuel warning light that was the problem not the F1 error light.
Welcome back Big Kev. Have missed your smileing face on here.
SPEED ISN,T EVERYTHING BUT IT SURE IS FUN.
(21-10-2012, 08:10am)Shifu Wrote: Got it now Pi_thumbsup It was a low fuel warning light that was the problem not the F1 error light.

You will get FI code - c92 - Fuel level gauge circuit signal malfunction - if you were to run without the fuel sender.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
(21-10-2012, 08:37am)grumpy Wrote: Welcome back Big Kev. Have missed your smileing face on here.

Yeah cheers mate just back to sort out my busa streetfighter at the moment and I'm getting my busa sorted with new paint

Will be on here in the background
(21-10-2012, 09:07am)VNSVLE Wrote:
(21-10-2012, 08:10am)Shifu Wrote: Got it now Pi_thumbsup It was a low fuel warning light that was the problem not the F1 error light.

You will get FI code - c92 - Fuel level gauge circuit signal malfunction - if you were to run without the fuel sender.
spot on!

(21-10-2012, 09:07am)VNSVLE Wrote:

Thanks Mate, didn"t have that one on my list of error codes Idiot2
(20-10-2012, 07:06pm)revhead Wrote: the fool guage

I was told I need one of those on mine .