Interesting Artical
http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/0370k...?#comments

Interesting comment below: (and Insane car)

Verbal Knit, I'm a big advocate of Japanese cars for several reasons and hence we often find ourselves seeeing eye to eye on many topics, but some of your comments really are silly.
This vehicle is absolutely magnificent, no matter which way you slice it, and to bring in comparisons with the buzzy 1.8litre Toyota unit is just leaving yourself open to attack, it's open baiting, trolling if you like.
As a Lotus Exige, the Toyota engine is great and it says alot about how robust and sporty it is to have it part of the Lotus line-up, but this is an ultracar.

My opinion however is this car with such prodigious power, in a featherweight RWD = widow maker.
[undefined=undefined]I'd have the Bugatti Veyron anyday, much safer and userfriendly..and obviously a more luxurious and substantial car. This Hennessey is a great engineering feat, magnificent, but you'd have to be REALLY game to buy one AND push it, like owning a Suzuki Hyabusa..you marvel at what it does, but you wouldn't want to be the one on it!![/undefined]
Interesting.

There's a cheap entertaining alternative.
Guys in the US are dropping "427's" and Lexus V8's into little Mazda MX5's.

Google "Monster Miata" if your into that sort of thing.
Horses for courses.
Sort of like putting a busa motor in a postie bike ..

It'll go like the clappers, but don't try and take a corner on .. Scary