Famous Insurance Good Price
Just got insurance on my 08 bike first time ever been insured...only because the price was reasonable so thought I would share it.
Agreed value $11000
Excess $500
$397 per yr
This is with an over 40's discount and it must be booked online.
The whole process took less than 5 mins.
Recommended.

http://www.famousinsurance.com.au/
Thats a lot better than the prices I have been getting.... some way over the $1000 mark.

Tried the site and have to wait for a reply from Sales.... UGGGG I wonder if Tassie is a higher risk due to trying to ride with 2 heads? LOL

BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
You should be able to do it all online. Thats how I did it.
Guess I just don't have your luck...
redid it online and got same responce... Sales person will get back to me LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

maybe driving record or something unusual, let us know how it goes anyway
Will do..
I am have been fully licenced for past 25 yrs LOL
nvr been caught doing anything (sshhhh caught means just that)

aaahh finally worked it out, I removed all those "additional" covers for bike..
under $300 is good

will recommend until they don;t pay LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

haha yeah or until they go bust. Good luck Batfink
Thanks for that Pete,
I'm currently paying $804/yr on a 2012 model with Swann. It was only that cheap because the girl who quoted me stuffed up. With Famous it works out at $640/yr with $1000 riding gear cover. Lets just hope they are still around when I go to reinsure it next year Undecided
Cheers .. Dale
They seem to have a pretty big profile so I think they will be around. Good luck Dale
Went to get a quote on line and said will have assessor reply with quote. Received reply and I was rejected because I clicked on the commute daily box. Spoke to staff at Famous Insurance and was told that they have certain guide lines and by ticking the commute daily I failed to meet the policy guide lines hence my insurance was rejected. I argued that there is not much of a variance opportunity in the question they ask. I ride the bike to and from work in good weather and I only work a maximum of 4 shifts in a 7 day week so in fact I don't commute daily and I do drive a vehicle throughout winter. He said sorry because you ride the bike to work it is considered commuting daily. I then hung up. Anyway after doing another quote except not ticking commuting daily on this occasion I received an instant reply quote with two amounts. 1 for normal conprehensive insurance and another if selecting over 40's insurance which does not cover anyone riding my bike under 40yrs of age. Both were much cheaper than my renewal with QBE which goes up every year although the bike is worth less and I have gained another years riding experience. FYI.
thats weird re driving daily, most people do that! Although I didnt choose that option because I work from home and only ride weekends mainly. Did u go with it in the end?
(04-01-2013, 11:24pm)DjPete Wrote: thats weird re driving daily, most people do that! Although I didnt choose that option because I work from home and only ride weekends mainly. Did u go with it in the end?

My insurance doesn't expire till the 21st Jan so I'm getting some quotes together so I can ring QBE when it is closer to the time as they guarantee to beat any insurance. In the past they have asked me to email the quote to verify but they have beaten the quote I had although never by much.
way to go
all my vehicles are insured with QBE. maybe a few 100 $ more but great service.
wrote of an gsxr1000 -replaced within a month.
stolen wr250r -recovered but decided as written off.waiting for payout.
superservice.
dont know if i should change...
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

I've been with Famous for many years and never had a problem, however, never had to claim from them either!
My only claims have been covered by "At fault" drivers and famous assured me that they would ensure my satisfaction with repairs.
"If time catches up with you. You're going too slow!"
Regards BUSGO