Anyone willing to show me how to ride a busa in wa?
Hi there,
Have had my 2011 busa for a while now.
Would like someone who has a busa in wa show me how to ride it on twisty.

Mainly body positioning.

Thanks
Hi connori,
Thats a bit of strange question because most people on Busas have a fair bit of riding experience.
Maybe if you tell us your circumstances and riding experience, previous bikes etc then someone can advise from there
(28-12-2012, 06:32pm)connorl Wrote: Hi there,
Have had my 2011 busa for a while now.
Would like someone who has a busa in wa show me how to ride it on twisty.

Mainly body positioning.

Thanks

wow if you have ridden anything bigger then a 600, there isnt much diff ,except you have a world of grunt between your legsLol2

I know what you are asking. Body positioning. I learnt that in sperbike school
Arms relaxed parallel to ground, arm opposite to turning side reasti.g nearly on tank, face forward nearlr at the mirrors on the side of the turn,hanging.off, weighting the footrestsetc. I suggest u do level 1,23 of CSS. Or go on to their forum.they have tons of info.
Don't tempt fate,TAUNT IT!

I had gpx250 and gsxr600 in the past.

I feel like I am not taking full potential of the busa.

I am going to the tack days level 1 on 26/1.

Just wanna improve my cornering speed and lean angle.
I am always scare the bike will slide if I lean too much etc
Btw, only been riding for 1.5 years
Everybody rides differently, chasing someone on the same bike and thinking if he can go around it, I've got the same bike, I should be able to do the same is fundamentally wrong!!!
You have no idea on the input force and subtle things done by the rider in front. Even if he explains what he has done, the moment each action is done makes the difference between it being easy smooth corner, and freaking out and throwing it away.

Better to learn from experts than copy anyone else.
At the very least get yourself a copy of "Twist of the wrist" by Keith Code, but better to enrol in "California Superbike Cornering School", and then practice practice practice.

You'll be flicking it thru the twisties and draggin' a knee in no time at all. Speed and lean angle is just something that happens, you shouldn't TRY to do either, that way leads to gravel rash!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
I think it needs to ride differently than other 600 and 1000 bike. Busa is much heavier and take longer time to lean etc.

I was told I can't dive in the corner like 600. Have to set urself up the corner way before corner and power out.
I would be taking Wards advice. Things that you say worry me a little. Dont rush things and do it the right way, as in riding school etc. some people are natural riders more than others. Also sounds like you may be fairly young? Most of us old buggers have been riding for over 40 yrs...and we still fall off. Lol
(28-12-2012, 08:03pm)connorl Wrote: I think it needs to ride differently than other 600 and 1000 bike. Busa is much heavier and take longer time to lean etc.

I was told I can't dive in the corner like 600. Have to set urself up the corner way before corner and power out.
this statement is so wrong ,well to me it is, i learned to ride on 70s 900,s 1000cc bikes with more weight then a tank,and they wallowed more then a sail in the wind, the hayabusa is a perfect balance bike and will give as much as you can give it ,but in saying that you still can chuck it all away with the wrong riding tech , i bought my busa ,then went for a ride to learn about her,it took a few hundred ks for me to relise how beautiful this bike is built and how good it handles ,i came home mywife said you havent stopped smiling for days now ,i couldnt explain to her how good a busa is,a mate who rides with me said,you really seem comfortable on your new bike ,i just smiled back at him ,and said yup!i am a mental rider ,im not saying im good but i ride extremely fast anyone on here ,Can ask Tex Ogrady ,how hard i go ,he will confirm i ride hard ,but you must have confidence in your bike etc, like tyre pressure 34 psi ,this little tip for psi was given to me by Tex , aalso check the tryes themselves if you have cheap tyres you wont feel safe ,etc,sorry for a rant cheers

(28-12-2012, 08:47pm)revhead Wrote:
(28-12-2012, 08:03pm)connorl Wrote: I think it needs to ride differently than other 600 and 1000 bike. Busa is much heavier and take longer time to lean etc.

this statement is so wrong ,well to me it is, i learned to ride on 70s 900,s 1000cc bikes with more weight then a tank,and they wallowed more then a sail in the wind, the hayabusa is a perfect balance bike and will give as much as you can give it ,but in saying that you still can chuck it all away with the wrong riding tech , i bought my busa ,then went for a ride to learn about her,it took a few hundred ks for me to relise how beautiful this bike is built and how good it handles ,i came home mywife said you havent stopped smiling for days now ,i couldnt explain to her how good a busa is,a mate who rides with me said,you really seem comfortable on your new bike ,i just smiled back at him ,and said yup!i am a mental rider ,im not saying im good but i ride extremely fast anyone on here ,Can ask Tex Ogrady ,how hard i go ,he will confirm i ride hard ,but you must have confidence in your bike etc, like tyre pressure 34 psi ,this little tip for psi was given to me by Tex , aalso check the tryes themselves if you have cheap tyres you wont feel safe ,etc,sorry for a rant cheers

That's what I was told. So u could be right.
Not rushing at all. Have my busa for a year and never revv to limit.

Yes I am only 27.

U have twisty roads in wa ??
Where is your fav spot or streeeeech of
Twist road ??

Do do tell !!

Sorry for my rudeness,

To improve your riding ,tyres, adjust suspension &
Reduce tank slappers by fittin an ohlins steering damner

Buy yourself a set of leathers n boots & fitt crash oggy knobs
To ya bike..

When aproaching a corner at speed in any gear

Give yourself room to down shift into a
Steady RPM-
The higher the rpm-steady & faster & more stable u will become
Practice practice practice
Ride it through then gun it or not then upshift to next gear

When i see a corner
I think of 3 things
Corner= down shift & pick up revs@7500Rpm or more if needed
Cops(this's one place they can ping u-u cant see them in time)
Correct body position & focus & smooth throttle & enjoy

As I'm feather weight I have to use my body weight to help
Pull the busa in & out & swing my body from side to side & lean

U'll get it or not in time my friend..

Hi Connor mate level 1 up at Barbs is a great introduction to the track and don't be scared to ask the instructors questions, I've only done 1 track day and should have done one years ago. I've been riding for a while and have always said that I'm only an average rider and don't confess to be a expert on the matter but what the guys here are saying about learning from the experts is the way to go.

I know what you mean about Body position and and if I get around to doing another track day I will doing group 1 again just so I can work on my Body Position and and getting that right before moving on.

It's a big jump from a 600 to a Busa and you will notice the difference but there is a lot of guys around that will give some of these guys a wake up call on the latest thou's because there is so much bullshit out there about the BUSA not being able to go around corners. I had a young try to tell me that he could outrun me on a certain section of road that I know quite well and have chucked the invitation out to him 2-3 times now and I'm still waiting. Give yourself time to get to know the bike and get some of the Basics done like getting the static & rdier sag etc set up this will also make the world of difference for you and the bike. Tyres I found that the Bridgestone even though they are not to bad the bike tips in quite slow compared to other brand tryes I found Michelin were good but I feel at home with the Avons so comes down to preference in that regard.

Anyway get the track day under belt you'll love it and if you ever want to go for a ride ( I do shift ) send me a PM and we will see what we can tee up as I know a couple of roads that you could play on that would be good during the week as there's normally 2 many others out there on the W/END and the Police as well but is a really nice road.

If your up for a run with a heap of Busas with varying riding experiences from one extreme to the other the run in Nov is good for all like minded people. The key to riding with others is not getting sucked in to the hype on the day and run to what your comfortable with.

So have fun and maybe catch up soon cheers Rev004

(28-12-2012, 07:57pm)connorl Wrote: I had gpx250 and gsxr600 in the past.

I feel like I am not taking full potential of the busa.

I am going to the tack days level 1 on 26/1.

Just wanna improve my cornering speed and lean angle.
I am always scare the bike will slide if I lean too much etc
Btw, only been riding for 1.5 years

(28-12-2012, 08:59pm)connorl Wrote:
(28-12-2012, 08:47pm)revhead Wrote:

this statement is so wrong ,well to me it is,

must have confidence in your bike etc, like tyre pressure 34 psi ,this little tip for psi was given to me by Tex , aalso check the tryes themselves if you have cheap tyres you wont feel safe.

That's what I was told. So u could be right.
Not rushing at all. Have my busa for a year and never revv to limit.

Yes I am only 27.

Had it for a year Clap Lots of 'busas don't make it past their 1st year without a major mishap. Yes you gotta try out that top rev limit - at least once Pi_thumbsup - just don't get caught Boobies4

Just enjoy your 'busa. The 'busa has a reputation for being big and brutal. This reputation is pretty much from people who don't ride them. It isn't a race track bike, but on the road it is very well behaved and will corner as good as ANY sports bike. Especially if you get mid corner bumps, or rough surfaces. Ride it exactly like your 600, it will drop in just as fast, you may need to just slam that inside bar a little harder in the really tight stuff, and the speedo will climb heaps faster -( keep an eye on it - it will accelerate faster than it will brake.) Anything over a 60kmph signed corner and the 'busa can't be beat, it's on rails. - provided you're disciplined with the basics ie. don't grip the bars, slow constant acceleration blah blah.

I occasionally drop my tyre pressures, BUT ONLY if I'm really hooning, but unless you can feel your tyres drifting and on the edge, and you have your tyres really hot, all dropping the pressures on the road will do is reduce tyre life, make the bike feel heavy and slow down the steering. Have a play if you like, but "recommended pressures" will give you the best results.

I've had my 'busa coming up 14 years in Feb. It gets ridden like a 'busa should, originally to my limits and now to it's limits, It bounces off the rev limiter, it has scrapes up the fairings and on the engine cases, it destroys knee sliders and has worn away the hero pegs, it gets absolutely flogged and just keeps coming back for more. It doesn't have oggy knogs or crash bars because I don't intend to ever put myself in the position where I may need them. It took me the first 8 years of learning it to find it's limits without throwing it down the road. It's never been on it's side, not even on the grass. And it still puts a huge grin on my face everytime I ride it.

They are an awesome toy, but don't ride it like you stole it, ride it like you're gonna keep it for life. Corner Speed will come, and one day you'll realise that you've got it pinned and looking for more, but don't rush it, they're a big pussycat, but they have a mean bite. But most of all, just enjoy riding it!

- maybe this'll get you more keen for CSS. http://www.australian-hayabusa-club.com/...?tid=19826
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Thanks for all the tips guys.
Got to say mine feels a bit less nimble at anything less than 41 psi in each tyre. each to there own of course, nothing wrong with that at all. running dunlop super max11, very happy with them.

Steve..//

PS have hit the rev limiter many times, mainly second gear....
Hard to pay attention to road, rev gauge and awsome sound all at same time........
Midlife Crisis? What Midlife Crisis!

I've always had these needs and desires!