EXTERNAL POWER CONNECTION
Lightning 
Hey all... Finally gotten power to my bike shed (but this is not about tht LOL) so I can start tinkering more. My 1st job is to install a quick charging point for the winter storage on bike, this was going to be a dedicated connection point for only the trickle charger but after a few beers I have decided to go multi-use Read
Any1 else got a set-up like this???

Found these at Jaycar and I think will work a treat for the trickle charge to boost battery and I can use as a phone/camera/etc charger when out and about.
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=PS2011

Thoughts and idea wanted and Welcome

Update..... Went into shop and the unit above was to big to successfully mount under seat/hump BUT they had a surface mount similar unit I think I will install
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
Hey, I've got no power in the shed where my bike sits, so I got a 5 watt solar pannel,switch, which stops charging when battery is full, I have a plug just under my seat where I can quickly unplug it, it's a great I dear saves on power, i think the hole set up cost me 50 bucksVery Happy
Brick 
Dr Batty would like to announce that the operations was performed and successful. I will be monitoring the patient closely to make sure there is no adverse effects.
The procedure was as follows...
1. connect an all weather mini spade fuse housing to positive wire for all weather cig socket
2. connect neg wire of ciggie socket to neg of battery
3. connect fuse housing wire to pos of battery
4. mount socket under seat
5. cross fingers I didn;t leave a short anywhere (only joking used volt/ohm metre)
6. connected positive to battery

tested by charging up mobile phone from near flat to fully charged and then connecting 1600mA trickle charge to bike over night (BTW I had to replace ends on trickle charge with a ciggie socket plug). Everything worked a dream and bike started like it had a newbie fully charged battery this morning.
Next big test is to see if vibrations allow mobile plug to work it's way out of socket while riding... found that the return spring for button on end is plug is rather strong...

Fitted unit looks good will get pics as soon as I remember to put a memory card in my phone Pi_freak

BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!