Feels good
lightbulb 
I lowsided by girl a few months ago and sold her thinking I have a deficit of skill required for her.

And I did to a certain extent, but after speaking to an old biking mate across the pond, it feels really awesome to know exactly what I did wrong. Because I think maybe other people think like this:

I crashed my bike because in spite of all my experience, I'm still a shit rider.

When what you really need to do it have someone show you what you did wrong, instead of deciding your total skill is simply not great enough to continue.

Next bike I buy, I'm definitely going on more group rides.

Cheers Pi_thumbsup
Never be ashamed of falling, but of falling again the exact same way.

We learn by our mistakes only when we are aware of them.

I have finished my Zen philosophy for now LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
(15-01-2013, 09:29am)sutur Wrote: I lowsided by girl a few months ago and sold her thinking I have a deficit of skill required for her.

And I did to a certain extent, but after speaking to an old biking mate across the pond, it feels really awesome to know exactly what I did wrong. Because I think maybe other people think like this:

I crashed my bike because in spite of all my experience, I'm still a shit rider.

When what you really need to do it have someone show you what you did wrong, instead of deciding your total skill is simply not great enough to continue.

Cheers Pi_thumbsup

Group rides may not be the answer you need. Have you considered a session with CSS (California Superbike School)? They run the programs at EC and PI and it will be the best $500 you can spend. Many here in the club will confirm this I am sure. Here is the link : http://www.superbikeschool.com.au/

Cheeers mate.
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
(15-01-2013, 10:13am)Shifu Wrote:
(15-01-2013, 09:29am)sutur Wrote: I lowsided by girl a few months ago and sold her thinking I have a deficit of skill required for her.

Cheers Pi_thumbsup

Group rides may not be the answer you need. Have you considered a session with CSS (California Superbike School)? They run the programs at EC and PI and it will be the best $500 you can spend. Many here in the club will confirm this I am sure. Here is the link : http://www.superbikeschool.com.au/

Cheeers mate.
Shifu is right I don't know about CSS but I did an advanced riding course with stay up right many years ago and that helped me no end you never stop learning and track days are a great way to practice what you have learnt.
been looking at doing an advanced Stay Upright course myself Jim. to bad CSS doesn't do anything in Tas, they would be booked years in advance if they did LOL
BATFINK (aka Tony)

Nutkickyt1

GOD gave us a mind to use.........

Suzuki gives us a reason to loose it!!!!
It's on the list folks I'm a big fan of Keith Code but I've got to buy the bike first!
Sutur, Shifu is right. Group rides are not the answer and can be the complete opposite teaching you more bad habits than you'd realize!!!!

Here's a piece of advice based on your comments....You do not need someone to show you what you are doing wrong...You just need someone to show you
how to do it right!!! Once you read Keith Codes books and do CSS, you will understand that there is a VERY big difference between the two and having someone
tell you what 'they think' you did wrong IS NOT how to become a better rider.

You'll get there... just remember that learning the theory first will help you more than just trying to work out what the practical experience alone taught you.

(15-01-2013, 10:40am)Batfink Wrote: been looking at doing an advanced Stay Upright course myself Jim. to bad CSS doesn't do anything in Tas, they would be booked years in advance if they did LOL
Yes they always seem to forget Tassie there is a few places in Tassie for Stay Upright I don't know if there are any near you I think Launceston would be the closest I did mine in Queanbeyan NSW back in the nineties.

Once I can get my Busa back on the road I'll have to go for a ride up the west coast I have never been up that way but by all accounts there are son great roads up that way.

i did a stay upright course many years ago,the things tht come to mind from the course are.
1.keep your head up
2.plan your corners,bends etc
3.never panic,be in control of the bike,and dont let the bike control you
4.never ride beyond your own abilities.
6.there is always someone faster then you.
7. you cant show the whole world how fast you can go.

my own advise to you is if you are group riding sit were you feel comfortable and let the guys at the pointy end, go,ive been on to many rides were a young guy comes unstuck by telling everyone how good he is ,then everyone has to stop and pick him up and scrap the bike out of the mud ,7 rides last year 4 young guns down,so yeah get in the group and take it easy ,good luck
never done a better course - but I want to... and wow... lets see if I can list all the drops.. can't time line it tho...

first bike - GPX250

first drop at 60kph in the wet coming down boronia road turning in to lewis

Second bike - RGV250 SP

big crash @ 120kph, tank slapper from hell

Yamaha RD250 - didn't crash it

Yamaha FZ750 - didn't crash it

2001 red/silver busa :-

First drop @ 80kph with first busa club ride after owning it for 6 months
Second drop on my way to a night ride in north sydney and a taxi pulled out on me - locked up and dropped it
3 static drops - very minor
dropped it saving myself from entering the back of car all thanks to a push bike (*&%*&^% rider!!

Tl1000S I had for a while - very wet night riding home from the city and compression locked up and dumped it on the road. Saved it form hitting a traffic island.

Kawa 636 - didn't drop it

K9 Gen2 - static drop in my carport - no scratches! thank f***!

and thats not even talking about my reefton runs, cornering at over 180kph on sweepers or the top end runs I have pulled...

I am still here and still good!
[Image: nocensorship.gif]
Shame you sold your bike because of an off. Most of us fall off at some stage. You need to learn by it. If you dont feel safe when riding then do some courses as already stated. I did a Stay Upright course a few years back and it was well worth it.

If you feel bikes are a part of you as most of us here do, then do whatever you have to to stay alive and enjoy your passion. If that means courses then get into it
(15-01-2013, 11:01am)BikerBoy Wrote: Sutur, Shifu is right. Group rides are not the answer and can be the complete opposite teaching you more bad habits than you'd realize!!!!

Here's a piece of advice based on your comments....You do not need someone to show you what you are doing wrong...You just need someone to show you
how to do it right!!! Once you read Keith Codes books and do CSS, you will understand that there is a VERY big difference between the two and having someone
tell you what 'they think' you did wrong IS NOT how to become a better rider.

You'll get there... just remember that learning the theory first will help you more than just trying to work out what the practical experience alone taught you.

Absolutely correct, Owning the motel I am always meeting riders with years and years of experience, and like me had a bike all their life. It only takes a couple of questions to find out if they know the science behind riding, or just wing it and are an accident waiting to happen.
1st question is always - "how do you turn a motorcycle?" - about 75% of riders cannot answer this with certainty. Bloody scary if they get in a panic situation! Do some schools, after riding my whole life I realised I knew SFA!
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
This guy seems a bit of a wanker but explains contersteering pretty well. Im one of those people who has been riding for over 30 yrs and was never aware of this. I just do it subconciously but it does make sense to understand what is happenning..

You know what I figured out it was? I wasn't going fast enough for how much lean I had.

I've been riding on the road for 13 years, I've not broken any bones or had any serious crashes. Sure, it takes one idiot to f*** you up, but there's an element of skill involved in staying unbroken on the road for 13 years. I need some track experience I agree, but whoah, I'm not an unskilled squid guys...

VT125 - Dropped it going into a car park.
CB1300 - Dropped it...everywhere! Too fcking heavy!
GSX-R 1000 - Never dropped it.
CBR1000RR - Never dropped it.
Hayabusa - Dropped it 3 times - too heavy!
PS Awesome photography mate. Respect
http://sutur.deviantart.com/gallery/#