Stator cover gasket change
My bike has an after market stator cover and it's weeping a little oil. Going to get a new gasket and maybe add a little gasket goo as well.
Anything to watch out for replacing this?
Thanks,
Um yep....

The magnetic nature of the case :)

Watch your fingers.

I have a Woodcraft which leaked from behind the slider block initially, make sure you seal that properly if you've got one of those.....
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
Avoid using any goo if possible. Properly made parts will seal on the gasket without any problems. Watch out where the finger tips are when putting it back together. These magnets are very strong Scary
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
great, sounds like a little painful?
Only if you hold the case from the inside edges as you put it back inline with the pins LOL
Every (k) over is a THRILLER ! Pi_tongue

2012 AHC BOTY Best Gen 2
2013 VVMC Best Japanese
2013 Australian Hayabusa Show & Shine BEST IN SHOW
2013 AHC BOTY Bike Of The Year Trophy
you could use a "little" grease on the gasket,its n old way to get the gasket to seal!
I dont bother with the gaskets, their really thin and shit, just get some silicon liquid gasket and just use that, works a treat!!!!
A very light smear of Locktite 515 or Permatex Aviation gasket sealant No. 3 will not hurt. As neither one of these harden they make a great sealant just in case there is an imperfection between the surfaces.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-...5355#Cross
Could also be the cover you've got. I tried an aftermarket cover and the metal was so soft a bolt stripped the thread before I even picked up the torque wrench.
(19-02-2013, 07:53am)sutur Wrote: Could also be the cover you've got. I tried an aftermarket cover and the metal was so soft a bolt stripped the thread before I even picked up the torque wrench.

It must have been a manufacturing default or a really shit product!!did you get e refund??

yeah thinking that too but all bolts tight. just took the fairing off again and will change gasket today. Hopefully Suzuki dealer has in stock. just called all green light.
(19-02-2013, 08:09am)adamski Wrote:
(19-02-2013, 07:53am)sutur Wrote: Could also be the cover you've got. I tried an aftermarket cover and the metal was so soft a bolt stripped the thread before I even picked up the torque wrench.

It must have been a manufacturing default or a really shit product!!did you get e refund??

I did mate, and yeah it was ebay crap :)
(18-02-2013, 10:19pm)DjPete Wrote: http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/online-...5355#Cross

Hi Pete, make sure surfaces are perfectly clean and the best thing to use is ThreeBond (it is what the experts use & gives much cleaner job than gasket goo) and you only need to apply a tiny smear on the crankcase joints (where the crankcases are joined together) then put new gasket on then cover. (The less you use the easier it is to get off next time)
You can put a little smear on the wire rubber block surface as well but there is no need to apply anywhere else.
DON'T, REPEAT, DO NOT damage the face surfaces by using screwdriver or something in between the crankcase and stator surfaces to pry off or you will DAMAGE them permanently
Isn't it Ironic that my Favourite Stretch of Tarmac is called C.O.P. Eek