Pirelli Diablo Supercorser SP's
Just ordered a set of SP's. Ill let you all no what I think. I only pull the Busa out now to flog it with the boys so they'll be treated hard.

Normally I run power pures, but sick to death of them following every bloody line in the road do I'm steering away from the Kevlar and going back to a 0 drgree steel belt and wanted somthing sticky. Was thinking of putting on conti road attack2's as I ran there race attacks st PI and loved them. But the pricing wasn't that different between the road attacks and Pirelli's, so wanted to try something new. Ill let you's all know how I like them.
Be interested to hear your report. I wasn't struck on the pures, they didn't ever let go, but didn't feel that secure and did move about a bit. The Dunlop Qualifier Q2s I have on now are brilliant, but the edges are completely rooted after 1500km even with me not being too hard out of the corners.
Pirelli have always been known as being good rubber, but I've never had one on the 'busa. Depending on your report . . . maybe next time?
[Image: dbusasml.jpg]
I don't want a pickle . . .
Wardy, my sister is a mech and works for a big chain. She says if you like dunlops, go the sportsmarts over the Q2's. bigger footprint at lean, and better when pressures are dropped.
i run the pirreli,s there good i get around 4k out of the rear and there soft as,if you gas it out of the bends it leaves massive long black lines up the road ,but there a little bit deadly in the wet ,there like a scared cat on lyno ,lol
(19-02-2013, 09:09pm)revhead Wrote: i run the pirreli,s there good i get around 4k out of the rear and there soft as,if you gas it out of the bends it leaves massive long black lines up the road ,but there a little bit deadly in the wet ,there like a scared cat on lyno ,lol

They have to bd on par with the mitchys, on our high speed runs over about a 30-30 min sess, I lay down st least 2-3mm of tread.... And that's just ONE high speed run! And I can assure you that we do many...
(19-02-2013, 10:24pm)BEAU Wrote:
(19-02-2013, 09:09pm)revhead Wrote: i run the pirreli,s there good i get around 4k out of the rear and there soft as,if you gas it out of the bends it leaves massive long black lines up the road ,but there a little bit deadly in the wet ,there like a scared cat on lyno ,lol

They have to bd on par with the mitchys, on our high speed runs over about a 30-30 min sess, I lay down st least 2-3mm of tread.... And that's just ONE high speed run! And I can assure you that we do many...

I use to run the SC1 front and SC2 rear these were very good
but didnt last long, but i really didnt care as they were very safe especially when u r hot into the corners.
Ok guys I'm about to head on a three day ride up the great alpine road and back through the spur's... Only thing is I've gotta change the title of this thread now as I went to pick up my Busa today, and was a little surprised when my trusted mech said to me that after speaking to his Pirelli rep, he has put on normal road SP's instead of the SP 1&2 combo...

The reason he gave me (and they have a few sponsored racers and I trust his judgement on matters I no little about) was that the Pirelli rep said, and I quote "If you only take one bit of advice off me and I don't care if you ever buy a thing from me again, but DO NOT put the sp 1&2 combo on a hard riden Busa. Since thd busa is a heavy bike and the sp 1&2's are a softer carcess tyre and I would very strongly, NOT recommend putting them on a Busa that's being riden hard....the sc's are a firmer carcess tyre, and will support the weight of the Busa much better giving more tyre life and better over all handling..."

So there you have it. I was a little taken back as he put something on my Busa that I didn't ask for, which has never happened but on the other hand I trust his knowledge and he know's how I ride it so I take good advice when I get told it these day's...

Still, ill let you know how they go...
(08-03-2013, 07:48pm)BEAU Wrote: Ok guys I'm about to head on a three day ride up the great alpine road and back through the spur's... Only thing is I've gotta change the title of this thread now as I went to pick up my Busa today, and was a little surprised when my trusted mech said to me that after speaking to his Pirelli rep, he has put on sc's instead of sp's...

The reason he gave me (and they have a few sponsored racers and I trust his judgement on matters I no little about) was that the Pirelli rep said, and I quote "If you only take one bit of advice off me and I don't care if you ever buy a thing from me again, but DO NOT put the sp's on a hard riden Busa. Since thd busa is a heavy bike and the sp's are a softer carcess tyre and I would very strongly, not recommend putting them on a Busa that's being riden hard....the sc's are a firmer carcess tyre, and will support the weight of the Busa much better giving more tyre life and better over all handling..."

So there you have it. I was a little taken back as he put something on my Busa that I didn't ask for, which has never happened but on the other hand I trust his knowledge and he know's how I ride it so I take good advice when I get told it these day's...

Still, ill let you know how they go...
wow good advice ,but ive put my busa on a diet ,ive got it done to 217kilos good info though

Scratch that info sorry guy's. I've just double checked the lettering on the pirelli's as there range is confusing as f***....and I sware that's what he said to me be the tyre's are Supercorser sp 190/55/ZR 17 (75W) rear and sp 120/70 ZR 17 (85W) front... He must have gotten confused somewhere along the way..... Either way ill give a report as they wear because they have only been fitted and scrubbed in today.

Sorry for the confusion..... Ill have to call him back to double check.

Well either him OR me but I'm sorry all the same as now I'm confused....
Nothing like a good clear advice from the trusted source Lol2
I am thoroughly cofused now (as usual). What tyres do you have fitted to the bike now?
"It is not a shame to not know, the shame is to not know and not to ask"
Shut up! Did I ask you??? Or pull your chain Andrew?

Now...after speaking with my mech today he has informed me that (yes Andrew I did get them confused as unlike you I don't pretend to know everything...) that his rep was advising against the 1 and 2 combo as they are racing tyre's but dot approved. He strongly recommended the normal road going Pirelli diablo Supercorser SP tyre's. so everything in the last post I made I will change later as I'm on a ride at the moment (yes most of us actually ride our Busa's).

Andrew-hear this clear my good friend-you now need my permission to post in my threads! Got it buddy?

Ill half apologize, but you just shat me...
So your going for the Dunlops??Lol3
I have mate that has done a lot of track work, and has had his busa for the past 13 years almost, he swears by the Angel Storms for riding on the road, I think I might get them next. No tyre is gonna live long on a Hayabusa. The American Hayabusa site has got a lot of useful info as well on tyre choices, but whatever you get, dont expect them to last too long with these bikes.
True that. I don't expect life, just performance.

Well after a great ride today my first impression's are this-first off you don't get much tread depth for your coin. I'd say only half of the power pures I had...but they are sticky as all hell but I didn't have a chance to really push them yet riding with my dad so after I've thrashed em with the boys ill write more on that.

One thing I love though, is that compared to the power pure profile you can run the rear right to the edge and the front still has a good 15 mm left to go to the edge (55 rears). The mitchys when I went a 55 the front went to the edge with the rear which I didn't like...
Is this the same tyre as the Diablo Rosso Corser?

I'm getting brilliant performance out of the rear I've just changed and scrubbed the newby in today.
Good weather, good woman, good road, good bike, good-bye!!