Special Tyre Deals (Sydney)
Ok... thanks kawa.
The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i></i>
pan.... any comment ? How are you finding these tyres ?? Good, Bad, Indifferent ?? <i></i>
Real good not one bit of wear yet,
They are still in his garage floor

Cheers Robert
Aren't all 'busas Copper, the others are just copy 'busas!!!!!<i></i>
Yeh, haven't put them on yet. I had new Bridgestones on my old wheels and only done about 2000 "easy" kms so far. Thought I'd keep my old wheels/tyres on for a couple of months until I do my two track days and a few more drags.

I've only ever heard negative feedback on the Shinkos from PEOPLE WHO HAVEN'T TRIED THEM!!!

Everyone who's tried them says they are great!
<i></i>
Ok.... thanks.

Seeing as how my rear Bridgestone 014 is still in good nick, I'd better get another front 014 to match it. I might try the Shinko's next time. The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i></i>
Well Pan I know a rider who did testing on Shinko's and I am affraid he said good grip early then they let go after a few laps
he said not that good,but thats only one mans opinion. I have never tried them and I dont think i will. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
Ray, IMHO that guy is an idiot. Shinko's were never designed to be a track tyre whoever sold them to him should have said that they are a road/drag tyre nothing more. Used in their intended environment they are great value for money. Bruce

See here, young man, from Walgett to the sea,
From Conroy’s Gap to Castlereagh, there’s none can ride like me.
Banjo Paterson

<i></i>
Hey Bruce i rang the dude in Qld also (micks tyres) he said 003 for the front on a track day tyre?? There are a few out there that must be playng dumb. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
Phone Craig on
Mobile 0413 461 353
Fax 4620 7715

I just spoke to Craig re another qualifying slick and he gave me the number of his offsider in Rydalmere much closer to me.
I called him and he will fit it for me after six pm tomorrow. Great Service.

Michael 0412 627 742 Rydalmere.
Bruce

See here, young man, from Walgett to the sea,
From Conroy’s Gap to Castlereagh, there’s none can ride like me.
Banjo Paterson

<i></i>
Some of my mates are using them as cheap trackday tyres
initially they wear fast but once they have heatcycled and cooled the wear is better, also not seeing much problem with grip , more consistant than i was expecting.
I have a set to put on my zx6 as well but its taking a while to wear out the pilot power i was stuck with after Superbike school took over tyre sales at the Phillip Island track. <i></i>
Does anyone know if there are any tyre specials still going in Sydney. I am interested to hear from others who have been using the Shinko tyres. Pan any feedback. And Kawasuki have you got a price for the Pirelli and Metzler tyres you mentioned earlier in the thread. I need new tyres soon.

Cheers Taubusa
<i></i>
Mate, if you read Rapid Bikes Magazine, the latest issue has an article on the new Metzeller Sportec M3s. If they are as good as Jeff Ware says in the article, you wouldn't buy anything else. The price quoted is about $500 per pair.
I haven't had a metzeller on a bike since I sold my BMW about 7 years ago but I am tempted to give them a go next time round.
Rgds BUSGO

"TAKE MY ADVICE"
I'm not using it anyway!<i></i>
Waiting for a price and stock. i will know tomorrow on the Metzler 3's. Cheers,
Kawasuki<i></i>
Ray... its the day after tomorow... prices ? The older I get, the better I was. Regards.... Rob<i></i>
Bruce - i'm going to see michael on Tuesday for some new rubber, Brigestone 002 for the front and an 014 for the rear $450 fitted - not a bad price, his house is 400 mtrs from our newsagency and i have spoken to him before as i've seen his racebikes out the front - didnt know he sold tyres until you posted it. Saves me ripping the wheels off everytime and taking them elsewhere. Doing Superbike school next week so perfect timing.

John

<i></i>