front brakes applying themselves
ive fitted tls front calipers about 6 mnths ago and braided lines and a 2012 zx14 radial master cylinder

problem is ,they brakes seem to be coming on ever so slightly by themselves ,ive since ditched the braided lines back to the oem ones and it hasnt been happening as much ,
the other thing ive noticed if you push the brake lever away from the bars the brakes release is the master cylinder rooted
a mate was telling me the lines could be closing off and are rooted ,ive never seen this happeN BEFORE ,
I MIGHT PULL THE MASTER OFF AND GET IT CHECKED ,IT IS ONLY 6 MONTHS OLD AND WAS BOUGHT BRAND NEW ,IT IS A NISSIN brand
dam cap lock sorry for shouting
Given your background, I'll assume that you had already checked component compatibility before putting that caliper and M/C combo together and that the calipers pistons are in good order.
To me sounds like a problem with the M/C piston assembly,bore or seal. Sounds like something is not moving freely for the entire piston stroke or the return port is partly blocked.
I reckon you are on the money inspecting those parts.
Also, you are not using one of those mini fluid reservoirs are you. I've known those to throw a spanner in the works before.

not cheap levers causing it because not enough gap? Just a thought
i have mini resses fitted but it was doing it before, i fitte them ,and no pete the levers are stock zx14

i think il pull the master down and buy a rebuild kit n give it a hone
What your mate is referring to is the inner liner of the brake lines breaks down and essentially acts like a one way valve letting fluid to the caliper but not letting it return or letting some return leaving residual pressure in the calipers.
How old are the lines??
Have only ever seen it on older brake lines.
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
(24-03-2013, 09:20pm)VNSVLE Wrote: What your mate is referring to is the inner liner of the brake lines breaks down and essentially acts like a one way valve letting fluid to the caliper but not letting it return or letting some return leaving residual pressure in the calipers.
How old are the lines??
Have only ever seen it on older brake lines.
i fitted the new braided lines about 6 months ago thats when it started to play up ,so i removed them and fitted the old oem lines ,which i blew out with compressed air,there the original ones that were on the busa when purchased
is that my old bike brake lines Revhead. If so I didnt experience anything ever like that with brakes, if that helps
if the 2nd small hole (spooge hole) becomes
blocked inside the master cylinder,
it wont let the brake fluid back into
the reservoir causing the brakes to
stick or lock on. jat
pete
08 gen 2 grey
(25-03-2013, 08:50am)DjPete Wrote: is that my old bike brake lines Revhead. If so I didnt experience anything ever like that with brakes, if that helps
no there all my old ones.