Slicks??
Hi everyone....
I have recently acquired another set of rims that I am currently setting up for track use...thanks also to "Reggie" in Qld for sending me some OEM rotors at a more than reasonable price (your a legend mate!)....the guy that normally supplies my road tyres doesnt do slicks...has anyone here got a good contact in Sydney area or other Australia or even OS to provide slicks suitable for me at good reasonable prices??? I really am a Michelin man but without the gut Roll (I run 2CTs on the road) and have also been told if thats the case go for Michelin slicks...but am open minded about this....????

Furthermore I am inexperienced in using slicks ..I am also in need of information on what compounds the busa is best to use (considering its my first outing on slicks)??? I have been already advised go for soft front and perhaps soft-medium rear until there comes a time that my confidence level increases..then perhaps a medium rear to prevent too much wear from the horsepower we have.....I am also assuming that I need tyre warmers..is that absolutely necessary?? My weight is about 90kgs by the way.....As for tyre pressures with slicks on the busa...any suggestions??? My track days are planned for Eastern Creek next month.... Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Have a nice weekend guys!!! And oh thanks in advance for any replies! Very Happy
Jeffro (Sydney)

(25-08-2012, 07:29am)jeffro45 Wrote: Hi everyone....
I have recently acquired another set of rims that I am currently setting up for track use...thanks also to "Reggie" in Qld for sending me some OEM rotors at a more than reasonable price (your a legend mate!)....the guy that normally supplies my road tyres doesnt do slicks...has anyone here got a good contact in Sydney area or other Australia or even OS to provide slicks suitable for me at good reasonable prices??? I really am a Michelin man but without the gut Roll (I run 2CTs on the road) and have also been told if thats the case go for Michelin slicks...but am open minded about this....????
Furthermore I am inexperienced in using slicks ..I am also in need of information on what compounds the busa is best to use (considering its my first outing on slicks)??? I have been already advised go for soft front and perhaps soft-medium rear until there comes a time that my confidence level increases..then perhaps a medium rear to prevent too much wear from the horsepower we have.....I am also assuming that I need tyre warmers..is that absolutely necessary?? My weight is about 90kgs by the way.....As for tyre pressures with slicks on the busa...any suggestions??? My track days are planned for Eastern Creek next month.... Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Have a nice weekend guys!!! And oh thanks in advance for any replies! Very Happy
Jeffro (Sydney)

R & C Moorebank, 96029844 say Simmo said to call & say don't forget my 50% discount, what date next month I'm out there also, PM me if you like
some good info over on the .org site jeffro.

here's one link, but there's quite a few threads about running slicks
http://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bi...lysis.html
A good place to start for a quick warm up long wearing tyre would be the Pirelli Pro's which
you can get away without using warmers if you dont have them and they are good for mid 40's around the gp track at e/c but they are only a track day tyre don't expect to much from them as with all tyre's it's a trade off between grip and wear but a word of advice run a high quility slick with below average speeds and set up and you will be throwing your hard earned away very quickly
" SO MANY TURKEYS IN THE WORLD ARE YOU ONE "
Hey there guys thanks for the replies....

However I have reconsidered the original "slick" idea and have been suggested a different direction....going to high end treaded tyres such as the Dunlop GP - A or the Michelin Power One 2CT....either of these tyres I have been told will do a fine job and prevent the extra cost of tyre warmers. Also with my limited experience on the track apparently these tyres will do just about anything within my capabilites...that is to have fun!!! I also like the fact these will last lot longer so from an economy/endurance point of view seems the way to go....

So once again I ask....has anyone used these tyres (Dunlop GP-A) or the Michelin Power One 2CT????
If so can you give
me some feedback on your experiences with them on the track...and perhaps a comparison between them ?? I still havent decided which tyre of these to go for.....
Please include any contacts (here or OS) and current prices if possible???

Thanks again in advance...and so grateful Clap to the replies so far!!!
Cheers!!!
Jeffro Very Happy
(28-08-2012, 03:52pm)jeffro45 Wrote: Hey there guys thanks for the replies....

However I have reconsidered the original "slick" idea and have been suggested a different direction....going to high end treaded tyres such as the Dunlop GP - A or the Michelin Power One 2CT....either of these tyres I have been told will do a fine job and prevent the extra cost of tyre warmers. Also with my limited experience on the track apparently these tyres will do just about anything within my capabilites...that is to have fun!!! I also like the fact these will last lot longer so from an economy/endurance point of view seems the way to go....

So once again I ask....has anyone used these tyres (Dunlop GP-A) or the Michelin Power One 2CT????
If so can you give
me some feedback on your experiences with them on the track...and perhaps a comparison between them ?? I still havent decided which tyre of these to go for.....
Please include any contacts (here or OS) and current prices if possible???

Thanks again in advance...and so grateful Clap to the replies so far!!!
Cheers!!!
Jeffro Very Happy

Hi jeffro can let you know what there like after sunday am using dunlop GP A medium compound on our zx7r at mallala track day,